Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM - $12 Annual or $6.50 Semi-Annual Special Offer! ~ 1 Gbps -- RAID10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM - $12 Annual or $6.50 Semi-Annual Special Offer! ~ 1 Gbps -- RAID10

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited July 2012 in Offers

BlueVM is having a limited time special offer for $12.00 per year or $6.50 semi-annually.

64 MB of Guaranteed Ram
128 MB of Burstable RAM
1 CPU's (@2.5 Ghz+ Each)
1 IP Address
10 GB of Storage
250 GB of Bandwidth (**!NEW! ** 1 Gbps Connection)

Order URL: https://www.bluevm.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=69

Test IP: 199.116.119.2
Test Download: http://helium.bluevm.com/100mb.file

Questions? Join us on IRC: irc.obsidianirc.net Channel: #bluevm

Comments

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited July 2012

I asked that my existing VPS be moved to this new hardware in California, and performance had been much better. Specially diskio, now in 3 digits.

edit: uptime has been very stable too

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@jcaleb - We're glad you like it. The new hardware combined with our software based detection of abusive clients makes it much easier to keep our services user friendly :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • ShamliShamli Member

bought one....

• flyfly Member

hey, why not come hang out on irc.freenode.net #lowendtalk?

we've got like ~80 users

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nice deal. By the way, where does one find the quarter servers on your site? Just curious.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@kbar said: hey, why not come hang out on irc.freenode.net #lowendtalk?
    we've got like ~80 users

im IRC newb. How to connect to that? thanks

• I thought it was another 2 dollar/month 256mb VPS deal and was about to say "oh sweet I want another one).

• rolexrolex Member

This place is absolutely useless. I tried signing up and because I used a VPN they completely locked me out and set my account status to "FRAUD" even though I did absolutely nothing fraudulent at all. Guy who wrote me back sent me some goofy response about forcing me to expose my raw IP address, what kind of crap is this? Does nobody believe in protecting your privacy anymore?

I can understand if I did something suspicious or wrong, but to just do this for no reason is pretty lame.

IRC channel doesn't look to promising either, idled there for a day and lots of people complaining about their VPS being unreachable

Thanks for nothing

• debugdebug Member

You're complaining because you signed up using a proxy/VPN? Really?

• rolexrolex Member

Uh, yes really. I use my VPN all the time and it's nothing unusual. Have not been denied by any provider for such a stupid reason before.

Using a VPN does not infer any wrong doing. Maybe you don't take your privacy seriously but I do.

Not that I care anymore anyways, tons of other VPS providers out there

• If you want to use a VPN, good luck buying a VPS, since providers use maxmind to match IP address with location.

Thanked by 2netomx lbft
  • BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited July 2012

@rolex - While we do value privacy and we don't share our records with any third parties we found that 90% of spammers signed up using a VPN based IP. In reality loosing one client because of the fraud prevention is a small price to pay over spending hours cleaning and sanitizing an IP from a spammer. Not trying to be rude, just stating the facts.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@BlueVM Absolutely right..