Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXRoute gets filters!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXRoute gets filters!

Recieved this email a short time ago:

Hi everyone!

While I try not to send very many unnecessary e-mails, this is something that you guys have been requesting for quite some time. I will keep this short and to the point. We have implemented sieve filtering to MXroute and invite you to try it out! You can find a step by step guide to setting this up at the link below.

https://mxroute.com/guide-filter.html

Thanks for being awesome!

Personally I find this amazing! Finally, customised rules on MXRoute, a service many people love and support.

@Jar keep up the amazing work, this is a great product you've got going. :-)

Thanked by 3AutoSnipe ryanarp jar

Comments

• I absolutely love mxroute :) one of the best email services around :D

Only thing is i found this funny..

Thanked by 3ryanarp jar netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2015

AutoSnipe said: Only thing is i found this funny..

Lol oops. I think I accidentally spoofed the from header. I just changed WHMCS to send from Google Apps to circumvent local delivery on MX1 for new signups (signup with email address at domain entered on order, domain provisioned locally, welcome email fails to deliver).

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Got the email too, those are great news!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Really love their service.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I forgot that I bought mxroute last time. Not sure if I will ever use it, I just know the man running it is awesome

Thanked by 2jar VPNsh
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

So. Tempting.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Loving the service! Great Job @jar

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • Pyr02k1Pyr02k1 Member
    edited January 2015

@Jar said:

Hey hey hey... Emailing plain text passwords during signup, no bueno

Edit: speaking for the account password only (panel password is expected that way)

• Good job :)

Thanked by 1jar
    edited January 2015

@Pyr02k1 said:
    ey hey hey... Emailing plain text passwords during signup, no bueno

It's WHMCS. Hardly something unfamiliar around here. You don't change your passwords?

• @Jar said:
    It's WHMCS. Hardly something unfamiliar around here. You don't change your passwords?

Can this not be disabled in a new client template? I've seen a 50/50 distribution of getting the passwords sent to me after sign up. It's something I try to point out to all hosts who send them as most people won't go change a password after signing up. I do when I see the plain text come through, but if it isn't in the email, I'll leave it as is.

@Pyr02k1 said:
    Can this not be disabled in a new client template? I've seen a 50/50 distribution of getting the passwords sent to me after sign up. It's something I try to point out to all hosts who send them as most people won't go change a password after signing up. I do when I see the plain text come through, but if it isn't in the email, I'll leave it as is.

I suppose this is a password you choose and not a generated one. Fair enough. Removed from template. I'll see about an SQL statement or something to drop the e-mails from the database this weekend.

• Awesome. Glad I signed up. Thanks for being so responsive to it

Thanked by 1jar