Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NanoVZ/MegaVZ 1000 Container Sale! Double disk space promo - starting from 1.5Eur NAT IPv4 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NanoVZ/MegaVZ 1000 Container Sale! Double disk space promo - starting from 1.5Eur NAT IPv4

2»

Comments

• mine is at Dusseldorf

• @ehab said:
    mine is at Dusseldorf

Its up to "Head Honcho" Ryan

• @ehab i've sent you a message :)

For everyone else, we have now reached over 1000 Containers, and i have edited the Original Post with a Continuation of the Offer, BUT this comes with a timer, all Purchases and Upgrades to be eligible MUST Purchase and Ticket in Before the timer runs out!

Regards,

Ryan

• Upgrades just done for bundle, 20 minutes after request.

• Hope you enjoy it @Keith :)

Ps. 19 Minutes and 11 Seconds :P

• Is it just me getting packet losses from quadranet test ipv6?
    tunnelled ipv6 from South Korea. another test ipv6 seems ok, only quadranet one, someone else please test this.

$ ping6 2607:fcd0:0:a::2 -c 10
    PING 2607:fcd0:0:a::2(2607:fcd0:0:a::2) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=167 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=168 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=5 ttl=54 time=167 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=8 ttl=54 time=169 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=9 ttl=54 time=169 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=10 ttl=54 time=168 ms

--- 2607:fcd0:0:a::2 ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 6 received, 40% packet loss, time 9035ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 167.518/168.375/169.268/0.839 ms

• Nothing from Sydney Australia

root@au:~# ping6 2607:fcd0:0:a::2 -c 10
    PING 2607:fcd0:0:a::2(2607:fcd0:0:a::2) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=188 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=2 ttl=47 time=189 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=3 ttl=47 time=188 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=4 ttl=47 time=188 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=5 ttl=47 time=188 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=6 ttl=47 time=197 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=7 ttl=47 time=188 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=8 ttl=47 time=188 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=9 ttl=47 time=188 ms
    64 bytes from 2607:fcd0:0:a::2: icmp_seq=10 ttl=47 time=189 ms

--- 2607:fcd0:0:a::2 ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 10 received, 0% packet loss, time 9010ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 188.107/189.613/197.555/2.720 ms

• i can't access the bundle page cuz of a ssl domain issue. trying to bypass it and i can't. I'm interested in seeing how much bw do we get with the bundle.

• @bashed said:
    i can't access the bundle page cuz of a ssl domain issue. trying to bypass it and i can't. I'm interested in seeing how much bw do we get with the bundle.

There is a bundle for each size.

I will shout at Ryan some more to fix SSL. You can try google chrome as that works.

• nullnullnullnull Member
    edited January 2015

Really good service 。

• @AutoSnipe thanks and i am happy now :D

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited January 2015

@bashed it should be working now, please try again..
    Certificate Setup verified working (view here)

@TinyTunnel_Tom

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@AutoSnipe said:
    bashed it should be working now, please try again..
    Certificate Setup verified working (view here)

Still not working CA on my side (mobile browser). I send you an email about this last week Ryan ;)

• Hey Ryan, bought the package yesterday, today I have received a message that it was suspended for "IO Abuse"?!? Ticketing does not seem to work for me, could you please look into this? User nanovz12649. Thanks!

• Here's my experience with this offer: I bought the 5 VPS package yesterday. I have sent a ticket for each VPS to enable the offer, as instructed in the OP.

My first contact with Ryan was rather unpleasant. He sent me an angry message about how "bloody annoying" I was for opening different tickets for the
    different VPS's. Then he sent me 5 different invoices for €1.50 EUR each for "Duplicate Tickets - Failure to Pay invoice within 24 Hours results in Suspension €1.50 EUR".

I tried hard to keep my temper and not respond in kind, and instead I simply explained to Ryan that no harm was intended.

Now, about the VPS's: first thing I did was an iperf test. Well, my container died during the test! Sent a ticket, and Ryan begrudgingly re-enabled it, graciously
    informing me that "if it ends up getting suspended again, it will be classed as terminated."

Ok, so no iperf. I then simply copied a file to my container, and it got suspended again!?! For "IO Abuse"?!? For copying a file from my home into the VPS?!?
    Since Ryan did not re-enable my container, and by this time I got fed up with his "service", I opened a Paypal dispute asking for a refund.

Ryan refused the refund, and then suspended all my other containers "for opening a Paypal dispute".

So yes, it is dirt cheap, but in my opinion this should not be an excuse for Ryan to treat his customers this way.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited January 2015

@2lei

for your post earlier, this is not a helpdesk, that is why there is a billing panel, with support tickets in it for you to contact us and work something out about getting unsuspended

ok well since you have put this information on here, i shall put my side in here too.

Your iperf test that you ran got your vps automatically suspended by Nodewatch near on 80,000 PPS over a time period, considering people can run benchmark (petabyet, black's etc) tests etc normally and not get suspended there was infact nothing i could do to stop your vps from getting suspended automatically.

After you explained on LES Forum and Contacted via ticket i unsuspended your VPS (i don't know where you got begrudgingly, as i generally give a second chance to people if it was not intentional) and did i make you pay these invoices? no, i deleted them as i saw it was an honest mistake.

After which you said you copied a file from your home to the VPS. and yes it was suspended for IO Abuse, as during the time you were doing so, the node was struggling to do anything due to all the IO been used on your container. totalling ~200MB/s. so yes, i suspended your VM. After i had to put the whole node in for a reboot as it had slowed down so much that it took me nearly 10 minutes to load iotop after 3 minutes to login to the server and multiple complaints from other users on the node.

And as i said on your paypal dispute, all you needed to do was to contact us VIA ticket, you choose not to.
    And due to this been a NO SLA, No Refund and Minimal Support Service, where 9 times out of 10 I go above and Beyond where all i've seen from your VM is abuse. I am fully entitled to refuse the refund over Paypal, as it is a Condition you agreed to upon purchasing, as well as the condition in the terms of service that states

Any Payment Disputes will lead to instant ACCOUNT Termination. Listing on FraudRecord and a 99% Guarantee that you will not be refunded. 

it is not an excuse for me to treat my customers by giving them a second chance, and to supply an awesome deal for people to use as VPN servers etc, offering them an extra 1GB of Space as well as 100GB of bandwidth on a server that has a lot of resources to spare. yes i shall remember this for later on (please note, the offer that you got actually only sends me approxmiately 0.80e for each container for a year of usage) so i am really sorry if me going out of my way to offer deals for people to use for general purposes practically all out of pocket like every other offer i do.

Regards,
    Ryan

• I don't know where you got that 200MB/s sustained transfer rate you mention here and in the Paypal dispute. I wish I had that good a connection at home,
    I wouldn't need a VPS, I could just have a big server at home, for free :) Are you sure you are reading your logs right? Could you post them here?
    Here's my log of the transfer involved:

root@pintea /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d
     # time scp kiki de:
    kiki                                                                                                                  100%   95MB   3.5MB/s   00:27    
    scp kiki de:  1.83s user 1.05s system 9% cpu 30.117 total
    root@pintea /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d

While I agree with you that the first suspension was automated and out of your control, I think the second one was intentional, done manually by you
    (it happened hours after the transfer, while my container was idle) and completely unwarranted. Much in line with your 5 invoices for "Duplicate Tickets",
    your threatening and subsequently carrying out service termination and your generosity in offering "second chances" to a customer that wronged
    you by doing a 5 sec iperf test and a 27 sec file transfer at 3.5MB/s into your server.

• What about offering some KVM/XEN NAT Boxes?

• bundatbundat Member
    edited January 2015

Hi, sorry for dropping a huge wall of text here.

I am hosting a game server on my home computer.
    However, I am on dynamic IP. Most dynamic DNS services are paid, or stick in ads, which would mangle the game packets, so I did something else.

I got an account at 000webhost for free, and put in a single PHP file that just calls cURL() to my home PC (IP stored in a text file). Basically just something that forwards the game packets to me, and the response back to the player.

And when my IP changes (once or twice a week), I just update the IP. I pass off the few minutes downtime as server maintenance.

It was all working well, until someone reported that AT&T users cannot connect to the game. It seems AT&T blocks 000webhost servers. So I tried ServersFree, but they were also blocked.

So now I'm looking at paid hosting options just to get unblocked from AT&T, but most are overkill for what I want. All my PHP file basically contains is cURL() call.

And it seems they all want me to get a domain. I personally wouldn't mind to be hosted at something like: http://someonesRandomSubdomain.someDomain.biz/someRandomFolder/~someonesTempFiles/gameRedirect.php

I only get like 50 players, and the API is highly RESTful (meaning a lot of the game is clientside, and they send a packet only at login, and only once at the end of every level, not even logging out sends packets).

I was wondering if the 1.5 euro/year offer would be okay for just hosting my single PHP "cURL()-only" file. I am asking also because I have no experience with VPSes and the like, only with shared hosting. So I have no idea at all.

• well, we require a subdomain or domain name (there are many free subdomain services with no ads) to be able to use our nginx proxy. or you are able to host it on one of your ports.

ie, http://123.123.123.123:45678/gameRedirect.php

Although you would still fall under the same restrictions as everybody else. where DDoS Attacks etc are taken quite seriously as they affect everybody on the node etc.
    High CPU Loads aren't tolerated etc

• Has anyone been able to install squid and use proxy on NANO 64?

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited January 2015

@fercho said:
    Has anyone been able to install squid and use proxy on NANO 64?

Yes, i have it running right now. Plus an OpenVPN server, RAM usage is currently 23MB.

If you order now, I will even install Squid for you (Only today)! Just open up a ticket and mention me.

https://www.evobilling.com/cart.php?gid=19

• Ok now I send ticket
    Please see ticket #148814