Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers have slowest support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers have slowest support?

We already have a topic about providers have fastest support.

Do have any experience about providers have slow support? What providers have slowest support in your personal experience?

In my personal experience: friendly support, but really slow: GoodHosting

Comments

• I guess GVH and CVPS. All of my other providers are awesome. VPSDime might be slow, since I haven't had to use them, but I doubt it judging from their reputation.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • Yep, GoodHosting is on that list. No one else that I've used.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • What can be defined as slow? Taking 36+ hours on working days for a response? No support at all, no matter how urgent, from Friday 5pm-Monday 9am?

How long does GH take to respond? I saw multiple threads that said many days, I can't think of any other providers that slow..

• @4n0nx several days or up to 1 or 2 weeks.

• 4n0nx said: How long does GH take to respond?

Personally it took hours for responses, but of course it also took weeks to resolve issues with dozens of messages.

• @4n0nx said:
    How long does GH take to respond? I saw multiple threads that said many days, I can't think of any other providers that slow..

Hours, but it's answered by someone who "can't help and needs to escalate it" at which point it takes days for a reply, and then several more replies to get anything fixed. I usually give up by then.

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited December 2014

@hostnoob said:
    Hours, but it's answered by someone who "can't help and needs to escalate it" at which point it takes days for a reply, and then several more replies to get anything fixed. I usually give up by then.

Yea, Andre usually responses in several hours, but he can't do anything.

• That reminds me of OVH. :( Their phone support is instantly available (no queue) Monday-Friday, or even Saturday in some countries, which is sufficient in my opinion, but they NEVER actually resolved anything. Either their monitoring had picked it up anyway, or you are left without a solution.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi comXyz
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Yes, OVH must review their support.

But what is weird, is the phone agent are the one that will solve your issue. But never on phone. For Montreal support, all Level 1 agent are formed to answer/resolve technical and commercial inquiries. If they aren't able or don't have the access to do it, they must escalated the case to their Senior Advisor.

Strange thing...

• BlueVM. Once waited over 6 days for a reply.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @socials said:
    BlueVM. Once waited over 6 days for a reply.

At least they replied, right?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • GoodHosting

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @comXyz said:
    At least they replied, right?

Well yeah, probably something useless like "Try now".

• @socials said:
    Well yeah, probably something useless like "Try now".

Oh men, so it's not useful reply at all, and you needed to wait another several days to get problem resolved?

• @comXyz said:

I doubt they actually did anything. That's just how their services are - network craps out 3 times a day.

• I dont know. Because I only use the top provider. Never buy shit anymore ,which I learned this year.

• @cece you mean OVH is not top provider?

• @comXyz said:
    cece you mean OVH is not top provider?

are you serious ?

• @cece said:
    are you serious ?

Why not?

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    Yes, OVH must review their support.

But what is weird, is the phone agent are the one that will solve your issue. But never on phone. For Montreal support, all Level 1 agent are formed to answer/resolve technical and commercial inquiries. If they aren't able or don't have the access to do it, they must escalated the case to their Senior Advisor.

Strange thing...

You can't have fantasticly low prices and fantastic support. It's either or.

OVH choice was to be a low end unmanaged provider and that's exactly what they are unfortunately.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @cece said:
    are you serious ?

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • OVH and cc ,good luck

• MSPNick said: You can't have fantasticly low prices and fantastic support. It's either or.

OVH has "great" support. Always available, listens to your concerns... but no one fixes it. :D

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

MXroute support is pretty slow. Oh wait...

Thanked by 3rds100 4n0nx comXyz
  • @jar do you get a reply when you ask a question to their support? ;-)

Thanked by 2jar comXyz
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

OVH & SYS, I've had tickets go for months getting only responses every 2-3 weeks and in one case at the end end never getting resolved. Issues ranging from billing to incorrect delivery of services.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • I have good experience with OVH my ticket was answered and server fixed after 15 minutes :)

Thanked by 2comXyz century1stop
  • @mlody1039 said:
    I have good experience with OVH my ticket was answered and server fixed after 15 minutes :)

You're lucky bro

• BlueVM are by far an away the slowest support from a VPS provider (who didn't deadpool immediately afterwards), often a week was the normal response time.

CVPS are probably the next in line, but generally they could manage one response a day, so still a hell of a lot better really, just somewhat more frustrating to deal with when you know you're going to be waiting about 24 hours for them to carry out the next action.

For providers in general VPN.sh were pretty bad, I think it took 3 months to get a reply to one particular ticket, but most took a few weeks, if I got a reply at all.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @comXyz said:
    You're lucky bro

It looks like :)
    after that issue it will be year soon and no downtime so far or any issue :)
    I'm using their VPS for hosting my control panel :)

Thanked by 1comXyz