Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GlobalHostPlaza aka VPSPLAZA closing doors - deadpool
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GlobalHostPlaza aka VPSPLAZA closing doors - deadpool

Just got this form VPSPLAZA (GlobalHostPlaza).
They're a provider known for VPS and dedicated servers in Malaysia and lately Singapore.

From what it seems they're gone for good.

Dear Customer,

We are regret informed that GlobalHostPlaza is decided to close down immediately. This is because that we are having a serious financial problem. During the pass 2013 - 2014 October, we are choosing the poor provider and causing too much network downtime, and major of the big customer was terminated. Although we try spend some money to change the provider last month to bring up the the service level, but time is not allow us to recover.

Today our main POP at Equinix was shutting down, and we can't continue anymore. Therefore, we are decided to close the company and fully quit from the hosting industries. We are understand that some of you already paid the renewal fee. Please raise the ticket to ask for the full refund of the December Period. We will perform the refund one by one within 3 months period.

Lastly, we are sorry for any inconvenient caused. And we are looking the forgiveness from all of you.

Your Sincerely,
ST TAN
--------------END

Comments

• Sucks. At least they didn't just disappear without notice and they're offering refunds.

• Not sure if "refund one bye one within 3 months period" qualifies as "offering refunds" :-)
    Remains to be seen.

Any thoughts on who will fill their shoes in Malaysia market?

• we starting do the refund since yesterday.

• @vpsplaza said:
    we starting do the refund since yesterday.

You only offer refund one service within three months ?

What about customers that have more than one service, or annual services?

• i mean we need one to 3 months time to complete the refund.

• There's already another thread on this

• Can we host your clients? Can you please contact me at support(at)misterhost(.)net ?

• You can't just close it. At least give us some time to get our data back.

• Any one who is interested we can help them...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

lontong said: You can't just close it. At least give us some time to get our data back.

If they cant pay their bills how do you expect them to stay online, and lets be honest, your data cant be that important if you don't have it backed up?

That is a bit of a redundant statement/ question, its like saying "unkill that person, I needed to know something"

Sorry to see any host going under like this, good luck with getting it all sorted out, you really should look to refund in under 45 days max though people will start putting in claims soon and you will lose the ability to refund.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Sorry to see any host going under like this, good luck with getting it all sorted out, you really should look to refund in under 45 days max though people will start putting in claims soon and you will lose the ability to refund.

I'm not going to start a debate with you. But your illustration's totally different.
    It's not like you're suddenly getting hit by a car then you die instantly.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@lontong said:

OK but if there is no money then the servers go down, which is a simple and unchangeable fact.

Could he have warned you sooner? perhaps.

Does the fact that he did not change the situation now? no.

So we are back to the first part, your data is yours.

• Well actually mine is not that important. I was just emphasizing a little thing called respect (hope it's not that hard for you to get).
    Anyway, I can see you position so that's enough for me

• Thats the result of this Business and people who crying "cheap cheap cheap" and beating one "LowendOffer" better than others.