Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail hosting for Custom Domain - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail hosting for Custom Domain

Comments

• outance said: Nice, but u can't sell unused account, means if someone create and delete user account before with same name.. you can't re-create it....

within 30 or sixty days....I'm not sure which... This is to prevent mail for person 1 going to person 2

• yup thats on my list. cheers. will wait a little and see if theres any more suggestions :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @decay said:
    Hmm, now that old google apps accounts do not allow new domains to be added (unless as an alias, which wont work for most people), do anyone else suggest any other hosted mail alternative that is somewhat cheap(er), and reliable?

You can add domain by temporarily upgrading to business plan, then adding domains and then downgrading. PM me if you need cheap GApps domain.

• You should try inbox.lv as well.

I think their custom domain service is called inbox.eu

• Also, +1 for Yandex, I use them. But they're available in Turkish so I don't have to go through that Russian thing.

• @TheKiller said:
    You can add domain by temporarily upgrading to business plan, then adding domains and then downgrading. PM me if you need cheap GApps domain.

Is it safe? Can I upgrade then downgrade again and again?

• NewforVPS said: Is it safe? Can I upgrade then downgrade again and again?

>

Add your domain(s) at one time, there is no need to upgrade again and again.

• I mean, after I add new domain, I downgrade the service. Later, can I upgrade to add another domain?

• @NewforVPS said:
    Is it safe? Can I upgrade then downgrade again and again?

Right now it's safe, and you can do it again and again.

But not sure in the future.

Thanked by 1NewforVPS
  • TheKiller said: You can add domain by temporarily upgrading to business plan, then adding domains and then downgrading.

Yeah this may work for now, but its not a very good long term plan sadly. Im looking for something a little more reliable and permanent.

• I chose not to use gmail because of its retarded anti spam system: The user clicks "not spam" and the next mail goes to spam again. The user would have to add the address to their contacts, but who does that?
    -> Quite a few mails from correctly configured mail servers (from people I had not added to my contact list) ended up in the spam folder, where I did not notice them.

And then privacy concerns, etc. .

Hotmail asked me to verify my number while I was on vacation, hence I was unable to check my mail.

How about this? https://pawnmail.com/

• @decay said:
    Yeah this may work for now, but its not a very good long term plan sadly. Im looking for something a little more reliable and permanent.

Then Zoho, inbox.eu or the various Russian sites are your only free options.

• frank said: Then Zoho, inbox.eu or the various Russian sites are your only free options.

not specifically looking for free. so long as its not super expensive.

• +1 for mxroute if you just need mail hosting and don't want to use Gmail.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm a little partial to MXroute. I'm not sure why.

Thanked by 2Droid Pwner
  • yandex.. are you referring to yandex.com or something else

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jar said: I'm a little partial to MXroute. I'm not sure why.

I hear you have a crush on the owner.

Thanked by 3jar TriDoxiuM netomx

@raindog308 said:
    I hear you have a crush on the owner.

He is a rather attractive individual. An alcoholic, but attractive.

• @decay - Try MXRoute, the owner is here on LET and will give you A-grade service.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I recommend MXRoute too, their support is great and the email services is good.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Try yandex for domain or pawnmail.

• +1 for MXRoute. Jar is an amazing guy.

Thanked by 1jar
  • +1 MXroute!

Thanked by 1jar
  • If you can build yourself a mailing system, go for it. There are zenytal, iredmail, mailinabox.mail, vestaCP, modoboa, kloxo, that you can setup.

However, if you don't want to hassle with the day to day sysadmin task, and dealing with spam on a daily basis, I suggest (drrr drrr drrr drum roll):

MXroute!

The guy there (hmmm, I forgot his name) will get you up and running and turn you from zero to hero!

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy !!!!!

Thanked by 1jar
  • tcpdumptcpdump Member
    edited December 2014

I was curious on what smtp MXroute use and I did a telnet mxroute.com 25.
    I was greeted by an immediate connection closed by foreign host. Fair enough, I have a residential IP (although I have it for quite a while and is not in any blacklists).

Tried via my own SMTP server from Ramnode. From two locations, same thing (Seattle and Atlanta). Tried from BuyVM (Las Vegas / New Jersey) - same thing.

Finally, from another provider (RIJX - Los Angeles) I was greeted by Exim4.

WTF - All IPs that were immediately denied have never been blacklisted anywhere, do MXroute go overboard with the anti-spam or do they have issues with Ramnode/BuyVM?

All those IPs send email just fine even to Yahoo (who are famous by -prove you're innocent or get lost).

Thanked by 1jar
    edited December 2014

@tcpdump said:
    I was curious on what smtp MXroute use and I did a telnet mxroute.com 25.
    I was greeted by an immediate connection closed by foreign host. Fair enough, I have a residential IP (although I have it for quite a while and is not in any blacklists).

Tried via my own SMTP server from Ramnode. From two locations, same thing (Seattle and Atlanta). Tried from BuyVM (Las Vegas / New Jersey) - same thing.

Finally, from another provider (RIJX - Los Angeles) I was greeted by Exim4.

WTF - All IPs that were immediately denied have never been blacklisted anywhere, do MXroute go overboard with the anti-spam or do they have issues with Ramnode/BuyVM?

All those IPs send email just fine even to Yahoo (who are famous by -prove you're innocent or get lost).

Not a blacklisting issue. Sending you a message :)

• @Jar said:
    Not a blacklisting issue. You're using the wrong information. Sending you a message :)

OK, technically I wasn't following the SMTP RFC in my tests which would eventually be successful, if you know what I mean :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

Hello,

What is your budget ? (sorry if it has been said i missed it).

We are selling mailbox for 2.5$/month
    Hosted on exchange servers (location France).

Main site is https://www.Ikoula.com

Mail hosting service page is https://www.ex10.biz/en/exchange/functionnalities

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2014

outance said: now googleApps is chargable $3/user/months

AFAIK it's $5/user/month.

The thing is with having your own mailserver, that if it's down, you'll have to fix it ASAP or stop getting e-mail (with a little bad luck on the sender's end). Having an external service does hit your privacy, but it improves availability and reliability.