Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fathersday
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fathersday

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited June 2012 in General

So, what are you gonna buy for your father?
I'm gonna get him some orange (Holland) Beer :D

Thanked by 1Amfy

Comments

• AmfyAmfy Member

Thought that was in May already?

Thanked by 1nabo
  • @Jack

"It is on sunday you pleb."

Now now you bafoon not everyone remembers. especially me. i carnt stand my father. wish the scum died.

• TaylorTaylor Member

A vps :P

• yomeroyomero Member

Here in MX is too. Third sunday of june

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@yomero said: Here in MX is too. Third sunday of june

I never realized until just now that Mexico is the only nation whose country code is also a DNS record type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DNS_record_types
    http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/websoft/wwwstat/country-codes.txt

Thanked by 1netomx
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

In Italy it's on 29 march (San Giuseppe, Jesus father)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@joodle said: So, what are you gonna buy for your father?

Taking him out to 'the keg' for any canadians that know of it. It's a nice steak house a few blocks away that he loves :)

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Here is my father's day story.

My father is deceased. My father-in-law is a nearly-80-year old and is crazy about big band music (1920s-50s in the US). He visits his mother's grave every weekend. One day he takes a different route through the cemetery and comes across a grave of a big band singer:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=47012866&PIpi=25100396

He starts asking around and no one has any idea about this singer. He goes to the library to look her up and can't find any info. He asks at record shops. No one has heard of her.

He's never used a computer in his life. At a recent family event he mentioned this obsession, which he's been working on for months. I do a search and find she was on one record in the 1940s with an obscure orchestra. The label is out of stock! So now this becomes my obsession and I search/query/bid for a while until I finally get a copy.

So that will be my father's day present. He is going to flip out.

Thanked by 2Liam ihatetonyy
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@raindog308 said: cemetery an

quite interesting story! keep updating us!

• yomeroyomero Member

@raindog308 said: until I finally get a copy.

Yes, pretty cool story.
    But, you got the song? Or you mean, you will get it one day?

• nabonabo Member
    edited June 2012

@Jack said: It is on sunday you pleb.

No it's not. That depends on the country.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

happy father's day to all let/leb fathers. enjoy your father's company while they are still alive =)

Thanked by 1jshinkle
  • Mine is getting two weetabix instead of one and I've promised to lay off the rubber hose.

• @Jack in the UK we beat old people with lengths of rubber hose. Keeps them in line.

• @Jack obviously I was j/k but seriously? With all the terrible stories about care in nursing homes etc.?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

@FieldMoose said: @Jack in the UK we beat old people with lengths of rubber hose. Keeps them in line.

We? That sounds awful like some sort of odd Northern tradition. Wouldn't be surprised, sigh northerners, northerners, northerners..

It could also be something chavs do, I <3 chavs, then again they wouldn't know how to spell either so meh..

I'm confused.

EDIT: LOL, yeah, nursing homes are terrible to send your old people to, especially here in the UK..

• FieldMooseFieldMoose Member
    edited June 2012

@Infinity who said anything about Northerners? You soft Southern twat. ;)

Thanked by 1DeletedUser

@Jack said: Ay you Londoner.

Nay, close but wrong. You fail once again, northerner. I'm in Essex, just visit London often. We're moving to Dartford soon though.

• Essex! Lahnduhn! Essssexx! Lahhhnnnnduuuhn!

• @Jack Glasgow although I'm not a native.

• CoreyCorey Member

I'm going to get my dad a card - and give him an 8 channel cctv dvr. Then we are going to eat steaks and get drunk!

• @Jack said: You live with @Daniel then?

No?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

My daughter is getting me a front mount bike seat for father's day. I asked for tickets to see Mike Birbiglia but changed my mind after we ordered pizza the other night and I was reminded how good junk food tastes. :X

Thanked by 2klikli TheHackBox

You soft Southern twat. ;)

Haha, great Northern values, just epitomizes the very defenition that I have in my head of Northerners. @Daniel is a Southerner but lives in Sussex not Essex afaik.

• Please do not confuse me with them looneys from Essex.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser

Oy! Not all of Essex is like you think it is, TOWIE, the only way is Essex and all that crap is not representative of Essex :(

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • @Infinity said: Haha, great Northern values, just epitomizes the very defenition that I have in my head of Northerners.

LOL j/k, I'm not even from here

• @FieldMoose what did I just watch haha.