Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best free Server Monitoring/Management platform ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best free Server Monitoring/Management platform ?

Hi,
I am looking for a Platform which monitors node, And is able to do Management type actions.
This will need to be free and/or opensource.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• For SNMP monitoring you can check Observium.

Thanked by 1ValdikSS
  • Observium with Saltstack.

• @Snoork_Hosting said:
    For SNMP monitoring you can check Observium.

Yeah im looking for something were im able to monitor multiple nodes, Something like Observium but more open source and editable, As I would need to add server management functions and something to monitor processes and then VPS processes, Also hoping to code Anti Spam monitoring into it and a few features. So it would need to be really open source.

• @MonsteR

Isn't the community edition of Observium open source?

• @CFarence said:
    MonsteR

Isn't the community edition of Observium open source?

Isn't it reasonably hard to edit and code into though ?

• @MonsteR

I'm not sure how hard it is, not really big into the coding world yet.

• @MonsteR said:
    Isn't it reasonably hard to edit and code into though ?

Nope, it's pretty easy to do. Also take a look at LibreNMS, a fork of Observium

• If you don't like Observium what about Zabbix or Zenoss?

• I don't think there are any better open source monitoring tools available with the features you nee other than Nagios and Observium.

• wojonswojons Member
    edited October 2014

@monsterR

I have a monitoring platform i been developing for some time and wanted to know what sort of features your looking for. I also debated on the fact to include or not to include management features because its SAAS based monitoring (elastictrace.com) and no self hosted how do you feel about that.

• @wojons said:
    monsterR

I have a monitoring platform i been developing for some time and wanted to know what sort of features your looking for. I also debated on the fact to include or not to include management features because its SAAS based monitoring (elastictrace.com) and no self hosted how do you feel about that.

Just things to make it easy to manage a large number of servers. For example reboots, console for ssh login, and then stuff to fully monitor vps, Openvz/KVM i.e and the dedicated servers, bandwidth, Ram, disk space, cpu, network also some cool features like if someone is sending more then 60 emails per hour we get notified and their email ports get blocked. Also features to get notified if nodes are having issues.

A few other things too as I was actually going to develop something hents why I needed it to be open source.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@MonsteR said:
    A few other things too as I was actually going to develop something hents why I needed it to be open source.

You can do all of this with Zabbix. Need to do some customization, but doesn't need actual source code editing.