Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downtime with LET/LEB - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Downtime with LET/LEB

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i just discovered one thing, my page dosent loads the next time i do not use www. prefix....

so mods and admins must see into this issue...

• agentmishra said: i just discovered one thing, my page dosent loads the next time i do not use www. prefix....

>

so mods and admins must see into this issue...

For me, it's not loading if I use www (or https). Mods and admins, please fix this

• agentmishra said: i just discovered one thing, my page dosent loads the next time i do not use www. prefix....

See above.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited October 2014

• I really don't like that nobody of the team answers here...

Thanked by 3alessio gsrdgrdghd tux
  • @trexos said:
    I really don't like that nobody of the team answers here...

They can't because of the downtime....

Thanked by 2user123 tux
  • www.lowendtalk.com works for me
    but
    lowendtalk.com does not work for me.

• kinda good idea, no-www without cloudflare, www with cloudflare.

i like it

• which one better?
    Set A record for each www and non www, or just set non www and CNAME for www

• ErawanArifNugroho said: which one better? Set A record for each www and non www, or just set non www and CNAME for www

If you set a cname, the client must perform 2 DNS lookups. The prefered is an A record for everything you can.

• Silvenga said: If you set a cname, the client must perform 2 DNS lookups. The prefered is an A record for everything you can.

CloudFlare DNS resolves CNAMEs entirely and returns them as A records, so while there were two lookups behind the scenes at some point (they follow TTLs), the client only sees one lookup.

• This is very odd... I know its a week-end but you'd think some type of admin would of commented on this by now.. Its been 3 days since the thread was posted. I'm curious why its happening and i'm sure the other 5,000+ clicks on this thread are wondering the same thing...

Thanked by 1Lixxx235
  • amhoab said: CloudFlare DNS resolves CNAMEs entirely and returns them as A records, so while there were two lookups behind the scenes at some point (they follow TTLs), the client only sees one lookup.

That really sucks for the guy who expects Cloudflare to follow the same standards as everyone else. I hate when companies believe themselves above the community and don't follow convention (looking at you Apple).

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • Silvenga said: That really sucks for the guy who expects Cloudflare to follow the same standards as everyone else. I hate when companies believe themselves above the community and don't follow convention (looking at you Apple).

It does not change anything. It just speeds up your website's load time if you're using CNAMEs. What's not to love?

• Don't worry, I'm still here. If there is anything to report or share, I will.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @mpkossen yeah please let us know because let\leb has been down more this week than ever before collectively.

• @ub3rstar said:

It's relatively easy to install it with centos repo and remie repo fpr php, but I mean it's easy to setup for layer 7 ddos there are buildin per client throttling which differs for dynamic and request connection and bandwidth and soft bans ...

• naked domain does not work well my end, www version works anyway

• @namhuy said:
    naked domain does not work well my end, www version works anyway

It's been about half and half for me today.

• Huh... My post in this thread earlier got deleted along with a few others. Was a earlier backup just restored or something?

• Profforg said: It does not change anything. It just speeds up your website's load time if you're using CNAMEs. What's not to love?

It changes the CNAME record to an A record. This breaks convention. We have convention for a reason.

• Oh boy hopefully some type of fix is being done

• @tdale said:
    Oh boy hopefully some type of fix is being done

Looks like they are working on it at my end. LET is currently better accessable for me but is still not completely there yet.

• Yup my post was deleted. Looks like they had to restore a backup.

• lol

• Small update: it seems like we are still under attack. LowEndTalk was moved to different servers in order to deal with these attacks more efficiently, which is why some posts may have been lost.

I appreciate everyone's patience in this. The guys at ColoCrossing have been working very hard for the past few days to deal with this and will continue to do so.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Silvenga said: It changes the CNAME record to an A record. This breaks convention. We have convention for a reason.

The mean of CNAME is just get DNS records of another address. What CloudFlare do - is the same. It returns a set of DNS records of this another address, but it does so much faster. If the "another address" also uses CloudFlare, then CloudFlare does that internally, which is the fastest way.

• @mpkossen It looks like everything is behind cloudflare this time is that correct?

• @tdale said:
    mpkossen It looks like everything is behind cloudflare this time is that correct?

It would appear to be that way, yes.

• Awesome, hopefully this helps a lot and we can stay online now :)