Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPAP.CO changed their company name and added SLA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPAP.CO changed their company name and added SLA

JunJun Member
edited October 2011 in General

I'm quiet sure everyone here remembers the name of IPAP.CO
This morning, I received an interesting e-mail about lots of changes IPAP.CO made

Hello,

We hope you are all right , and ready to have your service from IPAP (LydiaNET)
We have started our new company , our new looking site and much more , but the main and most important thing is the way we will provide services to you ,
We will provide services from now on with %99.9 Uptime gurantee on all packages ,
We will now provide services mostly in United States (FDC and VolumeDrive)
Adn the importnt part :
From now on we have a SLA on our support respons time ,
We gurantee that we will Respond to Support Tickets Maximum 2 Hours and Will fix your issue Maximum within 24 hours

At first, I thought IPAP was sold to another hosting company, but it seems like they just changed their name.
If you visit their client area, you will find the title of their page "LydiaNET (AKA IPAP Co.) Webhosting"
Also, you definitely can tell they are IPAP from strange English and apparent typo such as "Adn"

Actually, they attached special offer with this e-mail.
It was $49/mo i7 920 dedi @ Europe.
Sounds attractive, but I had terrible experience with their dedicated server that I at last had to file a claim to PayPal.
Also, I once had VDS on their Germany server and there were often long downtimes(more than an hour).
Moreover, when I visited their dedicated server page, the price was $54.95, not $49 (tax magic? ) and there was no order link lol

My experience with IPAP Co. was the worst.
I raised so many tickets with them and I was sick of their useless answers.
Their uptime was 98.82 according to Pingdom.
I finally ended up with IPAP by filing a claim to PayPal

Let's see if IPAP only changed their name or born again as a new considerate company :)

Comments

• Two company name changes within 24 hours....

Their uptime was 98.82 according to Pingdom

You know in high school, that would have been an A+. Webhosting, the only industry where an A+ is still a failure.

That's a general comment, not directed at anyone.

As to the name change, I guess those 1200+ negative comments must have been too many. Either that they finally figured out what iPap actually means like I told them eons ago.

LEB: where providers name their companies after female medical procedures and sex acts with animals. :D

Can't wait to see if LEA gets an offer from them.

• I'm not going to comment on how their site looks ugly and also their dedicated servers are just boxes from hetzner they are reselling.

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited October 2011

Bernardo said: I'm not going to comment on how their site looks ugly and also their dedicated servers are just boxes from hetzner they are reselling.

Their site is vulnerable to a lot of things that I'm not going to list and it's essentially the default layout of coms-cms (and running an old version of) (it's an iranian thing)

Can't put lipstick on a pig

• Five typos at first glance. I'm happy to forgive grammar and punctuation for non-native English speakers, but they could have at least run their triumphant return email through a spell checker.

• Changing a name to evade a bad reputation might work for some companies, but I suspect that few people will be fooled considering they're still using the ipap.co domain..

• They made a fatal mistake, they told us they changed their name

But I'm sure we'd be able to recognize them anyway.

• [ Cliche comment about the way the Turkish do business ]

• tuxtux Member

Jun said: We gurantee that we will Respond to Support Tickets Maximum 2 Hours

I have filed one test ticket but they closed this without any reply.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

ztec said: [ Cliche comment about the way the Turkish do business ]

Ay ay, no need to go that far. I'm Turkish and I can spell properly unlike the IPAP guys and I could easily run IPAP much better on my own..

• Can't put lipstick on a pig

Never watched Beverly Hillbillies then I guess. :)

I'm happy to forgive grammar and punctuation for non-native English speakers,

I would be as well but it's the same mistakes over and over again. For example they still can't figure out how to use a comma that that's been covered many times over with them. In one ear, out the other.

They made a fatal mistake, they told us they changed their name

You expect them to be better? They've shown multiple times over that they just don't get it. This is yet another example of this.

Granted though that there really isn't another way to do this. They after all had to notify their clients.

• JunJun Member

tux said: I have filed one test ticket but they closed this without any reply.

I sent a test ticket and got reply one day later lol

• So The scamers?
    Ther website ipap.co was looking like good company not some scam i was thinking to order from them server... Thanks for this topic i will stick away from them :|

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

@franceserverscom your not floating about just to get your post count up for an advert are you considering your domain name is only 4 days old? Talk about calling kettle black :S

Registrar: 1 & 1 INTERNET AG
    Whois Server: whois.schlund.info
    Referral URL: http://REGISTRAR.SCHLUND.INFO

Expiration Date: 2012-10-14
    Creation Date: 2011-10-14
    Last Update Date: 2011-10-14

"Before you order check Kimsufi.com website Availability of the server" - shouldnt you check as the host for availbility.

• edited October 2011

@daimonb My domain new yes. But i was do alot of research on the internet about hosting and i was already in positing of order server from ipap.co as they have a good price, but now after this topic i will not do this

and not im not trying to cunt up the posts here because as i told i was going to order from them...

daimonb said: "Before you order check Kimsufi.com website Availability of the server" - shouldnt you check as the host for availbility.

I didn't mean check that the server Available I mean that client will check wean he get the server by the time as you know kimsufi website show from 1h up to few days (some times 7 days).

• @franceserverscom I'm sorry but if you think their website looks good, you don't have a damn clue as to what you're doing. Especially after <a href='http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/ipap-co/">so many negative comments.

But i was do alot of research on the internet about hosting

Right....

• edited October 2011

drmike said: @franceserverscom I'm sorry but if you think their website looks good, you don't have a damn clue as to what you're doing. Especially after <a href='http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/ipap-co/">so many negative comments.

But i was do alot of research on the internet about hosting

Right....

I'm talking about old website template

• I'd rather look at the whole website instead of just a template. Anyone's grandmother can throw up a template. It's what you do with it that's important and vital for your company.

Please note the title of this thread. For basically a year if not longer, they didn't even have a valid ToS/AUP, something that was pointed out to them many times. Sure they had a nice template. Big deal though.

• Nice template is what's it all about I suppose :S

• OMG!
    Domain name says it's lydianet.com, but the logo! Look at the logo! It's LIDYANET. Mega LOL.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited October 2011

Simplyfast said: OMG! Domain name says it's lydianet.com, but the logo! Look at the logo! It's LIDYANET. Mega LOL.

???
    Firstly, they must be not wasting time on useless details. Secondly, "i" and "y" are similar letters in Englich, so, fair enough I'd say!! (ie avoid at all costs)

• Infinity said: Ay ay, no need to go that far. I'm Turkish and I can spell properly unlike the IPAP guys and I could easily run IPAP much better on my own..

Apologies for that comment, doesn't really make sense when I read it now.

• Firstly, they must be not wasting time on useless details. Secondly, "i" and "y" are similar letters in Englich, so, fair enough I'd say!! (ie avoid at all costs)

Oh c'mon :) It's a logo, for God sake!

• FilipeFilipe Member, Host Rep

I've been following the "IPAP.Co" saga for a long time, and let me tell you that this discussion is hilarious. I'm just loving this.

Now, about the IPAP business. It was in fact because of IPAP that we've launched our company. Because we were sick and tired of all the "not overselling story", and when you do the math, you KNOW for sure that they're overselling. I'm not saying that overselling is a bad thing. In my opinion is perfectly fine to oversell a service but on a controled environment. Not as they were/are doing.

By the way, I too prefer the other template over this one.

• I'm not saying that overselling is a bad thing

Even I oversell but not by the wide margins some of these providers do it. I'm locked into having 'x' number of clients per box with the company that does my tech support.