Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH not validating orders.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH not validating orders.

I placed an order with OVH yesterday and they asked me to provide proof of id so I did and they still haven't processed my order, so I called them and they didn't provide much help either, so I decided to go on OVH's forum and look around and the first thing I see is a thread after thread of people demanding their orders be processed, one of them has even been waiting a month and two weeks without response from OVH, does anyone know why OVH would be doing this?

surely they can't just take my money and refuse to process my order, can they?

Comments

• What server did you purchase?

• kcaj said: What server did you purchase?

KS-1

• people waited for weeks for those. be patient :)

• TommehM said: KS-1

As I thought, it's common knowledge that things are a go-slow at Kimsufi.

• OVH's validation process might be slow, but it works. Be patient.

• zhuanyi said: people waited for weeks for those. be patient :)

Well they said it would be running within 120 seconds but now I have to wait weeks? I'm really impatient, and I don't want to have to wait weeks for my order to be validated, I ordered it because I need it right now.

• kcaj said: As I thought, it's common knowledge that things are a go-slow at Kimsufi.

introducial said: OVH's validation process might be slow, but it works. Be patient.

well I did pay them 9 euros to setup my server, I guess that was pretty much a waste of money, do you know if they have a number I can call them on and get my server sorted right now?

• TommehM said: well I did pay them 9 euros to setup my server, I guess that was pretty much a waste of money, do you know if they have a number I can call them on and get my server sorted right now?

They do not, Kimsufi is forum support only.

• kcaj said: They do not, Kimsufi is forum support only.

The forum is pretty much useless if you get no response from them.
    Just look at all the responses from OVH, http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?30766-Order-Number-30932340

• Bug them on their forums. Submit your proofs every 4-5 days by e-mail. Be sure to enter account id & order id. I've waited 35 days for approval. Good luck.

• TommehM said: The forum is pretty much useless if you get no response from them. Just look at all the responses from OVH, http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?30766-Order-Number-30932340

Yes it is, this is how Kimsufi works, do some research before purchasing in the future.

Why have you plastered OVH all over your original post when you've ordered a server from Kimsufi?

• kcaj said: Yes it is, this is how Kimsufi works, do some research before purchasing in the future.

Why have you plastered OVH all over your original post when you've ordered a server from Kimsufi?

I figured OVH and Kimsufi were pretty much the same company.

• It took 2 month for validation for me, they provisioned the server without asking for id however I was looking to be VAT exempt. If they ask for id before provisioning the server, chances are your order will expire before validation come through, and your money refunded in weeks time.

• Caveman122 said: It took 2 month for validation for me, they provisioned the server without asking for id however I was looking to be VAT exempt. If they ask for id before provisioning the server, chances are your order will expire before validation come through, and your money refunded in weeks time.

problem is the card has been cancelled which the account was paid with because I reported some fraudulent payments on there so once the money is refunded it'll be completely lost forever.

• Yeah OVH take some time to process their orders , my first server with them which i don't have anymore took 5 days to be processed, but with SYS took about 2 days

• @TommehM said:

:/ I feel for you man, unfortunately this is just how things are with kimsufi and soyoustart servers. You might get lucky and get validated before your order expires, like other have said, it's complete hit and miss on validations.

• Caveman122 said: :/ I feel for you man, unfortunately this is just how things are with kimsufi and soyoustart servers. You might get lucky and get validated before your order expires, like other have said, it's complete hit and miss on validations.

yeah, if not I'll just go with one of the other cheap providers like wholesale, datashack or Joes DC

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited September 2014

@TommehM said:
    Well they said it would be running within 120 seconds but now I have to wait weeks? I'm really impatient, and I don't want to have to wait weeks for my order to be validated, I ordered it because I need it right now.

120 if your account is validated.

If you need something right now then your best bet is to find a company with live chat, pre-clear you and then sign up with them. Provisions could be done pretty soon that way.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @TommehM said:
    problem is the card has been cancelled which the account was paid with because I reported some fraudulent payments on there so once the money is refunded it'll be completely lost forever.

If you got a replacement card, it should link to the new number. Call the card company and mention that you may be receiving a refund in a few weeks

• Is validation for VAT exempt or even for just an account?

• Caveman122Caveman122 Member
    edited September 2014

@sumo said:
    Is validation for VAT exempt or even for just an account?

Up to OVH, it depends on how risky you seemed to them.

Thanked by 1sumo
  • @Caveman122 said:
    Up to OVH, it depends on how risky you seemed to them.

I see, more unknowns

• My experience is they don't actually take payment (from credit card) until your account has been validated, and the server is ready to be provisioned. Can you see from the credit card statement that they have taken payment? If yes, then i'd be pretty upset at waiting so long.

• Already waiting for 3 weeks, ordered from Germany -.-