Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$1 burstnet dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$1 burstnet dedicated server

TaylorTaylor Member
edited June 2012 in General

Burstnet are offering dedicated servers to new clients for only $1 for the first month with no obligation to stay on if cancelled. The servers left are Core2Quad Q6600 Quad and Xeon 3050 / E6500 Dual Core. Full information to order can be found @ http://www.nocster.net/spc1.shtml .

Comments

• Who uses nocster.net? Why not http://burst.net/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Only thing attractive to me about their pricing is the bandwidth.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@PytoHost said: Who uses nocster.net?

It lists the promotional codes but the server ordering on burst.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

Honest guys if your looking for good service I'd stay well away from Burst.net. We had one customer who was with us (edit on a resold burst.net server edit) for 2 months and the customer service is terrible!

They'd have to pay me a couple $$ per month for me to ever take a server with them again.

• AsadAsad Member

@httpzoom said: We had one customer who was with us for 2 months and the customer service is terrible!

Saying your customer service is terrible?

Thanked by 3DeletedUser debug tux

Asad,

They were a customer of ours and we provided them with a burst.net Dedicated server.

I've now edited the post to make more sense!

I hope our customers think we give good customer service!

• AsadAsad Member

@httpzoom Ah ok, makes sense now. I'm already a customer of yours, didn't know you resold burst.net servers.

Is the support the same at every location? I've heard the Manchester one isn't as bad.

@Asad this was only because the customer really needed a server in the USA and at that point we did not have a provider.

We went with Burst.net because it was within the customers budget and they were a large company. NEVER AGAIN!

Now we have providers in place for the USA who offer us much better support.

We've never used them in the UK only their PA, USA location.

• aubsaubs Member
    edited June 2012

@httpzoom said: Honest guys if your looking for good service I'd stay well away from Burst.net

@httpzoom said: I hope our customers think we give good customer service!

Personally, I wouldn't have made such a statement and I am embarrassed for you for doing so. I'm a cheap VPS user and (although I would take comments from other VPS providers with caution), where one provider gives a poor rating for another without any documentary evidence, I would probably steer away from the 'complainer'.

• aubsaubs Member
    edited June 2012

{edit : I missed the meaning of it. They have used in PA and NOT in UK. I now realise they haven't experienced the facility in the UK.}

@aubs, we are provided our experience of burst.net as a dedicated provider. We have not used their VPS Platform (we wouldn't need to as we have our own!)

@Jack, Connection was sucky, submitting tickets was crazy and had around 3-4 day reply time. They miss sent a TOS violation to a servers previous owner and then suspended the server due to lack of response! Everything we saw meant we immediately were never going to use them again.

• @aubs actually I think his opinion was meant to be constructive, he had service with Burst.net and didn't think their support was good. I would think if you were someone looking to be a re-seller for potential clients knowing the class of support your going to get from the wholesaler is pretty important. If someone re-selling their product is having problems with support, what do you think the common person experience is?

I also do not think this reflects anything about his business except that he expects to be able to sell quality services to his customers and Burst.net didn't add up to be a quality product. He also clarified that he has only had experience with the US branch of Burst.net in Scranton, PA and has stated its possibly service could be different in the UK, but because he has no experience with them can't say directly. So in short, if your looking for service in Scranton, PA you can expect poor support based on past experiences. As far as their UK services go, we would need to hear from someone else.

Do not know how you think that was embarrassing.....

• aubsaubs Member

[@TheLinuxBug said] : So if someone turns to you and says they've had issues with V-host W-host X-host Y-host and Z-host, we, as new user, have to take them at face value? If I was working for another host, I'd be commandeered for doing that !!

• aubsaubs Member

... Excellent comments are only as good as their evidence.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2012

No, you use this information going in to supplement the other information that you have also hopefully researched about the company before using them as your host. Everyone is allowed their own experiences and opinions, you can take from them what you want. If someone is willing to tell me about their experience with a provider, especially if they are in the business them self and probably have a good idea of what to expect going in, if its not a good experience then there is something to be taken away from that.

I haven't seen you provide any evidence to the contrary either.

• At least they support RAID 10 on QC servers now, @Jack :)

• @Jack said: Limestonenetworks has gone really cheap $120/month on E3-1230's

Don't they charge through the roof for IPs now?