Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS

Be very careful if you go with those guys because the support is close to none, I'll have to contact my credit card company... that package was too good to be true.

Comments

• "Unmanaged"?

Thanked by 4ATHK netomx marrco Pwner
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2014

@MarkTurner do you look after the VPS side or just dedis?

Never mind you posted a second after me...

• Why don't you elaborate on this. Which server have you ordered, what has happened or not happened.

• @ATHK - I am responsible for the network not the products. But would be interested to hear more on this. The OP PM'ed me an equally vague message and asked him/her to continue it here in public

• This is against the new rules regarding reviews.

@Nekki cleanup duty ;)

Sorry about not just flagging as I usually do, I don't have that capability on my phone :/

Thanked by 1netomx
  • At least you got a server, i keep getting rejected -.-

• @AutoSnipe said:
    At least you got a server, i keep getting rejected -.-

@MarkTurner perhaps can help you :)

• I paid for a service, contacted sales, no answer, tried a ticket, nothing, so decide to open a ticket with the title "Scam?" and they answered that one, but still didn't answer the one that I'm waiting for. I may be impatient with my account, but that 24/7 support does not look good at all, it's been 24 h now and my company need some answer from me (the only thing I can tell them is that I'm still waiting for support, but I know they will say "Why did you said they had 24/7 support"). this is more like 1/7 support (only 1 hour of support every day).

• 24 hours since you ordered?

• 24 hours setup for a dedi is not abnormal. You ordered it yesterday? What time?

IIRC though Delimeter set up times are usually pretty good. I susally had ticket answers in 30 mins or less aswell. I did pick my deci up almost a year ago now though (Black Sunday deal) and cancelled it about 4, 5 months ago.

• yup, that's not "Instant setup" neither "24/7 support" like they say. I mean I understand if those thing wouldn't be on their main page, but if they advertise as a "Instant setup" and "24/7 support" they better get ready to get complain if they don't do that.

• it's a vps. no dedi, no way it take 24 h to setup.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited September 2014

Oh, VPS. I see. Well it's also not unheard of but I sympathise with you now, I'd be pretty pissed on a 24h setup on a VPS on a week day.

Thanked by 1Sylvain
  • MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited September 2014

It sounds to be that there is something wrong with the information you have provided. VPS's are instant (automatic) setup so long as there is nothing wrong with the order.

I would suggest opening a billing ticket and asking them for an update on the review. They should be able to tell you whether they have now released the order, holding it for further information or rejecting it.

On your support comment - you said you don't have a VPS/server so you wouldn't be contacting support, you would be contacting sales or billing. Support can't help you with something you don't have.

• I'm not going to dump this into the Cest Pit for now, because despite the terrible opening post, it looks like there might be a relatively interesting explanation to come.

Thanked by 2netomx Silvenga
  • @Sylvain - please PM me the email address you used to order this service.

• I'll chime in the opposite of the OP - I've actually had only 1 outage issue (apparently Datacenters must be cooled.... who knew?!) but overall Delimiter has been awesome, even sales working with me on a hiccup on a promo, gave me a great deal to deploy a server configuration!

Now I'm working on 3 more dedicated servers and a TB or so of backup storage to back things up, all in all Delimiter has been wonderful!

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • SylvainSylvain Member
    edited September 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    On your support comment - you said you don't have a VPS/server so you wouldn't be contacting support, you would be contacting sales or billing. Support can't help you with something you don't have.

MarkTurner alright, I'll contact billing "support" :P

but how ?

I'll send you my email

PS: about the opening post, I have to say that English isn't my primary language if you didn't figure it out yet.

• Billing is not support. Billing is administative operation that like almost every business including telcos, banks, etc is only open during business hours.

Support (Technical support) is something that is provided 24x7 but you would not have experienced that because you don't have a service.

I've received your email address and I can see your order is on hold. There are issues with your payment and you will need to either wait for billing to contact you or be proactive and contact them.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @MarkTurner
    I have your Atom dedi with 2TB of bandwidth. It was suspended because I used over the limit. However, the data traffice page was down for months. I opened ticket to ask how to know the bandwidth I used but your support keep trying to ignore. I even asked you here on LET but seems you didn't care too.

• @NewforVPS said:
    MarkTurner
    I have your Atom dedi with 2TB of bandwidth. It was suspended because I used over the limit. However, the data traffice page was down for months. I opened ticket to ask how to know the bandwidth I used but your support keep trying to ignore. I even asked you here on LET but seems you didn't care too.

So basically you used over the limit and got suspended, so you opened a ticket to complain about a $5-10/mth dedi... what do you want?

• Did you read my post? I asked for a way to know how much bandwidth I used to avoid suspention. It's a very basic function that all providers need to included. They have it too, but it was down for months.

• @NewforVPS said:
    Did you read my post? I asked for a way to know how much bandwidth I used to avoid suspention. It's a very basic function that all providers need to included. They have it too, but it was down for months.

Track your own traffic with vnstat at least.

• @NewForVPS - Open a support ticket and ask them to investigate it for you. The stats are working for all GE and 10GE ports in that facility. It sounds like the WHMCS side of things is just not properly plugged in.

Thanked by 1NewforVPS
  • @MarkTurner
    It seems your support staff is very busy these days. It took about 3-4 days to get answer from them. Anyway, I will open new ticket to ask. Thanks.

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited September 2014

I'm on the same boat as you @Sylvain except mine's a little different. My server was already delivered except I wanted an upgrade of RAM so I emailed sales but never got a reply for over 3 working days.

Then I tried submitting a ticket to sales departments but they told me to email sales since they have no power to modify invoices. I'm like wtf why do you even need to email when I already tried and why couldn't the ticket be forwarded to the right person...

• SylvainSylvain Member
    edited September 2014

now 48 h, still no answer to my ticket, no reply from sales, and Mark being a smart ass trying to tell me that support just mean technical support, I'm so happy today.... Like my first post say, be very careful if you decide to go with DelimiterVPS. I'm cancelling my order and going somewhere else, anyone have suggestion ?

• Sadly Mark is correct from what I've experienced and seen from multiple providers on multiple forums. Sales is a business days only, 8 hours a day department about everywhere. If there is a problem with the payment for whatever reason you will experience similar problems elsewhere.

The 24/7 support is always technical only. The most they can do is forward the messages to the correct department. The only real way around this is to go with one of the one mans operations and hope it works right.

With that said it appears the Delimiter really needs to work on its sales department.

• Yea the sales department needs work cause they're not freaking replying to my emails for 4 working days now