Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New dedi KVM setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New dedi KVM setup

I have setup bridge and all even VPS are created fine ips are being alloted by SolusVM but vms are not able to contact the network i dont know why its the first time im encoutnering , first i thought they didnt assign all the ips so i tested putting each ip on br0 and restart network every time all ips seemed to work , anyone know what could be the issue

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2014

Hello,

The setup isn't configured properly, you need to check your IP settings, gateway, netmask, etc.

There's no such need to add all the ips in the node. KVM does that with SolusVM when you're using templates.

• Have tried turning off iptables to see if blocking the packets? If that doesn't work, what kind of config your running as are you using a routed bridge configuration or is the dc using a vlan setup?

• With KVM bridging, your files should look as seen below (roughly)

DEVICE=eth0
    ONBOOT=yes
    TYPE=Ethernet
    BOOTPROTO=none
    NM_CONTROLLED=no
    BRIDGE=br0

DEVICE=br0
    ONBOOT=yes
    TYPE=Bridge
    BOOTPROTO=static
    NM_CONTROLLED=no

IPADDR=10.0.0.2
    GATEWAY=10.0.0.1
    NETMASK=255.255.255.0

DNS1=8.8.8.8
    DNS2=8.8.4.4
    PEERDNS=yes

DEFROUTE=yes

Of course, where 10.x.x.x is your real network.

• @GoodHosting said:
    With KVM bridging, your files should look as seen below (roughly)

ill try it thank you are you sure HWADDR isnt needed in any of them ?

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    ill try it thank you are you sure HWADDR isnt needed in any of them ?

HWADDR and UUID is only necessary in the eth0 file if you have many different network adapters on the server, and is only really required if they have a problem of showing up in the OS different on boot ; which should not happen since udev exists.

• Can you ping to an outside address ie google.com to even see if the bridge is even setup correctly?

• edited August 2014

from node i can ping from vps i cant

ping node > vps success

ping vps > node success

ping node > outside success

ping vps > outside failed !

• also it seems like from node or my home pc im not able to ping its gateway but on node i have internet access

• KihiKihi Member

Post what you have for your network configuration within your VPS.

Also, we had an issue a while ago when we were setting up a new node where we weren't able to ping from the VPS to the node or outside. Turns out it was a bug with bridge-utils and it's incompatibility with qemu-kvm. So try doing a yum update && upgrade as well.

• @Kihi said:
    Post what you have for your network configuration within your VPS.

i fixed it a minor issue with me only , right now facing terrible write speed being on a LSI RAID controller of 9260 getting less than 100 on 4x1TB seagate enterprise hard drives

• can anyone tell me is this RAID controller good ? if so im getting only 100 ~ 120 IOPS on node

• edited August 2014

In solusvm under the node configuration select the write back cache to none. Since your using just a raid controller with no bbu. That should speed it up a little and make the vps 's are changed to none also. But your not going to get anything to crazy fast due to that configuration. If you add a bbu it go up a little. Only option would be add more drives but that depends on the chassis. Another option to add a ssd for caching.

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    In solusvm under the node configuration select the write back cache to none. Since your using just a raid controller with no bbu. That should speed it up a little and make the vps 's are changed to none also. But your not going to get anything to crazy fast due to that configuration. If you add a bbu it go up a little. Only option would be add more drives but that depends on the chassis. Another option to add a ssd for caching.

i mean on an avg i should be getting around 250 to 500 right ?

• Well that depends on the load and if anyone is abusing the node or not. Average should be 150 with no load, but I am having a brain fart right now. Did you turn off the write back cache in solusvm? Sorry your going to run out of iops before you even get close to using up all that ram. What is the load on the machine like? Remeber if you get like 150 on the node the vps will get like 125, just a rough guess.