Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtual NICs on windows Server 2008 R2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtual NICs on windows Server 2008 R2

So I have a dedicated server with a /29 subnet running Windows Server 2008 R2, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use the extra IPs on the host. I've tried just added the IPs to the advanced tab on the IPv4 properties dialog box, and from what I can tell it's not listening on those IPs. No response to pings and programs can't bind to it. So now I am trying to create a virtual NIC on windows. I have never had to do this before so I am not sure if it is possible on windows, I've done it just fine in linux but on windows I can't find any info on it.

My question is, Is it possible to create virtual interfaces on Windows?

Comments

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited August 2014

It is possible but I wouldn't do it.

If you would like me to have a look I can teamviewer in, it's pretty simple just need to change some settings to get it to work sometimes.

Don't worry, I'm not going to charge you.

• wychwych Member

I've tried just added the IPs to the advanced tab on the IPv4 properties dialog box, and from what I can tell it's not listening on those IPs.

Are the IP's actually routed to your box?

• @wych said:
    Are the IP's actually routed to your box?

There supposed to be I think. I have another box with the same company that runs proxmox and never had a problem with it. Though those I got individual IPs and this I got a /29.