Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EV SSL don't know what todo.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EV SSL don't know what todo.

I got a EV SSL laying around and I don't own a company, but I still want to use it... Any suggestions?

Comments

• I suppose EV SSL's are only issued to registered companies unless you do some trick.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

• Exactly, thats why I'm pretty much stumped. Unless there is a company willing to sign the documents for me.

@click4easy said:
    I suppose EV SSL's are only issued to registered companies unless you do some trick.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

• CNSjackCNSjack Member
    edited August 2014

I've seen people fake their company info and managed to get Godaddy/Starfield issue their EV SSLs.

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

Make a company?

vladka24 Ltd?

• vladka24 said: Exactly, thats why I'm pretty much stumped. Unless there is a company willing to sign the documents for me.

That's illegal...

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited August 2014

No one do this for you. I have EV SSL and.. very fustrating to do it. And provide you the documents nothing because they have to validate the company's phone. So... not will work..

@wych said:
    Make a company?

vladka24 Ltd?

Do you have 13000USD to create a company? In Hungary its very expensive. what about your country?

• It costs €50 to register a company here lol

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited August 2014

@TheRedFox said:
    It costs €50 to register a company here lol

Here is 13k USD , in Hungary , in the EU.

Because in Hungary there is a lots of cheater then the goverment raised 2000 usd to 13kUSD

And then.. you could create a company if you want to be serious.

Update: yes there is 50 euro too.. some kind of company. But in Hungary the serious ones start from 13kUSD the LTD. and the biggers.

• RootNerdsRootNerds Member, Host Rep

ZweiTiger said: Do you have 13000USD to create a company? In Hungary its very expensive. what about your country?

You can always make a Limited in the UK.

• wychwych Member

@ZweiTiger said:
    what about your country?

Cost of a companies house registration.

• @CNSjack said:
    I've seen people fake their company info and managed to get Godaddy/Starfield issue their EV SSLs.

Yep but godaddy has become a bit stricter there thus making it harder to do so, and no I haven't done it but my friend has and was selling them <.<

• ZweiTiger said: Do you have 13000USD to create a company? In Hungary its very expensive. what about your country?

Less than £5 to register as an LTD in the UK.

• @AThomasHowe said:

We not have any LTD type company in Hungary. We have our own type. Cant say it in english.. maybe LLC. Thats the correct we have

• TheRedFoxTheRedFox Member
    edited August 2014

In the netherlands a LTD would equal a BV here

• sell it to me / i need EV SSL

• @stevenph said:
    sell it to me / i need EV SSL

forget EV SSL. Forever. Or get a company mate.

• @AThomasHowe said:

Would love to know your accountant. Companies house/ my accountant just charged us £15

• $1 companies are good enough for most SSL , added with a virtual phone line.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited August 2014

@MSPNick said:
    Would love to know your accountant. Companies house/ my accountant just charged us £15

£15 is the current web incorporation fee. I don't know where the other poster got <£5.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/toolsToHelp/ourPrices.shtml

• This is what I just paid. + I believe every time I file the accounts is accountant fee + £13 for filing.

• Dylan said: £15 is the current web incorporation fee. I don't know where the other poster got <£5.

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/toolsToHelp/ourPrices.shtml

http://www.5poundformations.co.uk

And I've used a similar service before. Maybe it's not £5 now then, but it was, and it seems you can still do a no-frills incorporation for £5.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    And I've used a similar service before. Maybe it's not £5 now then, but it was, and it seems you can still do a no-frills incorporation for £5.

Id still want to pay an extra £10 for my accountant to do it. And that's what we done.

• MSPNick said: Id still want to pay an extra £10 for my accountant to do it. And that's what we done.

That's up to you, I was asked if it was possible. I agree though, that's a cleaner way to do it.

I was just trying to highlight one of the good things about our country. :-)

• Terrible.. 5GBP for a company. Thats why many company could go when they want without any refund or anything. And you see this page "We are sorry , we already took your money. bye"

But of course.. you could buy a little company in Hungary as well. for 20-30GBP. But the VAT then terrible... around 45% . lol. If you get a higher company the VAT reduce to 27% or 0%. Company type.

But i didint knew in the UK the things how work... until now..

@AThomasHowe said:
    I was just trying to highlight one of the good things about our country. :-)

@AThomasHowe said:

• ZweiTiger said: Terrible.. 5GBP for a company. Thats why many company could go when they want without any refund or anything. And you see this page "We are sorry , we already took your money. bye"

No, that's not how it works. We have other laws to stop you doing stuff like that. In my opinion it encourages free and legally registered enterprise. It makes forming a company accessible to normal people.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    No, that's not how it works. We have other laws to stop you doing stuff like that. In my opinion it encourages free and legally registered enterprise. It makes forming a company accessible to normal people.

Sure, but an everyday consumer has very few means of reparation from these pump and dump companies. I'm very glad that the UK has an open registry, and that you can (generally) find the directors and statutory documents of a legally registered company online in a few minutes, but for the companies you can't: they disappear in minutes flat.

Here in Canada, the setup fee is $200.00 CAD; and the process takes approximately a week. It's not much better, but Corporations Canada will shut you down and come after you if they hear even the slightest of mis-management or bad consumer facing policies, it's rather vigorously moderated.

• GoodHosting said: Here in Canada, the setup fee is $200.00 CAD; and the process takes approximately a week. It's not much better, but Corporations Canada will shut you down and come after you if they hear even the slightest of mis-management or bad consumer facing policies, it's rather vigorously moderated.

I'm in BC, and the cost to register an LLC is roughly $380. I always thought Corp. Canada was lazy; CRA is the real "scare factor" for Canadian businesses due to their high audit rates. Driving local business in BC by making incorporation costs low makes sense though; On Vancouver Island, and more specifically Saltspring Island, local businesses remain an essential part of society.

I really do like local business though; If anyone is intending to start a business soon, no matter how small, it's a great idea to register it first. In most cases, it is a small amount of money outside of the US and Scandinavia (apparently?) and gives you a number of benefits, including additional trust from potential customers.

• @AThomasHowe said:

http://www.5poundformations.co.uk

* £5 fee is quoted exclusive of fees and taxes. In addition there is a government fee of £13, credit/debit card processing fee of £1.25 and VAT at 20%, making a grand total of £20.50.

• Dylan said: * £5 fee is quoted exclusive of fees and taxes. In addition there is a government fee of £13, credit/debit card processing fee of £1.25 and VAT at 20%, making a grand total of £20.50.

OK, how about free sponsored by Sage?. As long as you're going to start trading at the right amount and use Sage that is.

Maybe there's not an active £5 deal but I have personally formed a company in the past - look it up if you like, AHowe LTD - which never traded but I was enticed in by a £5 formation.

main point being, it doesn't cost £30k to form a company.