Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameDataInc VPS no longer accepting orders
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GameDataInc VPS no longer accepting orders

ricardoricardo Member
edited August 2014 in Providers

http://gamedatainc.com/

They had some hardware issues with a node in June and this is the next event in their timeline. It appears customer's accounts have been removed from WHMCS.

Comments

• wychwych Member

Deadpool?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

From the looks of it I would say so!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2014

"GameData, Inc will no longer be offering Virtual Private Servers or Game Servers. All existing Game and Virtual Private Server accounts will be closed 07/31/2014. If you have pre-paid for a longer period of time please contact [email protected] "

Not Deadpool just closing down some services.

• We decided to continue hosting most existing clients. We just put a hold on taking any new clients.

Thanked by 1Corey
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2014

@wrhoton

Can you elaborate on the most? The last ticket I had with you was an apology about a lost server and that you'd provided a new container for me. Attempted to log in today and my account doesn't exist anymore.

I assumed the worst due to past deadpools around here as well as my account disappearing.

• @ricardo can you email support@gamedatainc (com) from the email you registered with, so that I can look into your account.

I will credit you for any lost time, and get the server online immediately.

The owner ended up deciding to just let go of all game servers, and then continue hosting existing vps's. By most, I just meant that a few clients when they heard we were shutting down vps's started abusing their servers for the last month. So we did not offer those few clients renewal.

Anyone else that had an account with us, and it was cancelled or closed.. but you wanted to keep it going is welcome to email me and I will get you turned back on immediately. We are not going to be able to take any new clients at this time though.

I apologize for the confusion.. It was a miscommunication between me an the owner. Originally he was wanting to shut down everything, but then he decided to continue hosting voice servers and existing vps. Because really it was just the game servers that were not working out.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2014

Good to know, I'd already emailed support@ at the beginning of today but I'll send another one first thing tomorrow.

I've updated this thread title to hopefully something more relevant.

By most, I just meant that a few clients when they heard we were shutting down vps's started abusing their servers for the last month. So we did not offer those few clients renewal.

Pretty sad that, but at least you singled them out.

• Hmm you must not have sent it to support@gamedatainc*com because I have responded to all support tickets today. The queue is completely empty. Unless it was one that I already responded to.

• @wrhoton, I was just reviewing my list of VPS and see that you never got back to me. I've emailed that address several times. Can we resolve this in private message here? Thanks.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2014

This is kind of going how I expected...

Several emails sent to the specified address without reply. Node paid yearly with 32 IPs, half the IPs disappeared during an IP migration... now the node is gone and "good intentions" of pro-rata refund, but no refund.

Unfortunately this does the reputation of low end providers no favours.