Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail hosting for Custom Domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail hosting for Custom Domain

decaydecay Member

Im after a mail host for custom domain(s) i have. I have seen couple of threads here and suggestions, but i want to clarify few things.

First the requirements. I have few domains that i need email hosted (reliably). There may be (usually) multiple addresses on a single domain. I need to be able to forward these email addresses and to be used with imap/pop clients (some addresses a simple forwarding would do the trick, but some i definitely need to send mail as, so need to setup smtp details, will most likely connect these up with my gmail account). I dont mind spending some money, but suggestions of best value for money would be great. PS. i have full control over the domains, so no issue changing mx/txt/cname/a records if need be.

Few recommended ones i found:

Yandex: it seems to not be fully english. If i ever have to do this for a client mail hosting, it would be a huge pain for them to have to go through the whole language thing.

Zoho: amount of accounts is too low. Price too high if you go over.

biz.mail.ru: maybe the whole language thing again? Is there a way to set it to English?

mxroute.com: this seems nice. Are they reliable/reccomended? Cost isnt too bad either.

Do people actually trust russian mail hosts (no offence, just wondering :P)? Are there security risks i should be aware of and consider (instead of cheaping out with something like yandex)? Is there any other recommended providers/hosts?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited July 2014

Just buy a google apps domain and you can add your other domains to its account and get all the features you want. It's a one time fee instead of a recurring monthly cost. I have a few if you want one.

• decaydecay Member

Abdussamad said: Just buy a google apps domain and you can add your other domains to its account and get all the features you want. It's a one time fee instead of a recurring monthly cost. I have a few if you want one.

Oh yes please. Could you also please explain the limitations for me? As in, can you add as many domains to it, and can you add as many accounts (mail boxes) to those domains? If you are willing to sell ones you have, how much are you wanting (and which domains do you have :P)?

Cheers.

• @decay said:
    If you are willing to sell ones you have, how much are you wanting (and which domains do you have :P)?

I can sell you..... inficode.com with 100user mailbox and unlimited domain.

• decaydecay Member

outance said: I can sell you..... inficode.com with 100user mailbox and unlimited domain.

Interested, PM'd.

Imterested in hearing more about googleapps accounts (as per my last few questions). If this works, then im interested in purchasing a high user limit google apps domain (can someone also give me a rough idea on what the usual going rate for one is).

Cheers.

• @decay said:
    Imterested in hearing more about googleapps accounts (as per my last few questions). If this works, then im interested in purchasing a high user limit google apps domain (can someone also give me a rough idea on what the usual going rate for one is).

1st of all I want to tell u that now googleApps is chargable $3/user/months, But I used email from year 1995 when it was free for 100 user mailbox.

What will You get?
    1> inficode.com domain. (Was PR2 in past)
    2> Google Apps account for Inficode.com (Primary domain)
    3> Unlimited Addons Domain can be added for free Email.
    4> 100 Users mailbox free for life. (Yes Its free, no monthly/yearly payments)
    5> Stable Mailbox with 100% uptime as its a google service.
    6> Single user can get email from multiple domain (alias feature)
    7> CacheAll Email setting.
    8> Highly Secure Email service for Free.

For More Info, Search in Google

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

outance said: I used email from year 1995 when it was free for 100 user mailbox.

Google itself was founded in 1998.

• @rm_ said:
    Google itself was founded in 1998.

Ohhh Sorry, I mistyped... Its 2005, When I signup for GoogleApps Email.

• Google Apps is the best option..

• @FirstVM_com said:
    Google Apps is the best option..

I agree, Because uptime matter in email.

• @outance said:
    I agree, Because uptime matter in email.

Yes, In case some important email is missing, there might be much more loss.

• @FirstVM_com said:

Nice, but u can't sell unused account, means if someone create and delete user account before with same name.. you can't re-create it....

• decaydecay Member

outance said: Nice, but u can't sell unused account, means if someone create and delete user account before with same name.. you can't re-create it....

Please explain what you mean by this?

• @decay said:

Yes, please. I don't quite understand too.

• @decay said:

If you buy GoogleApps domain from brokers or others site, You may face problems in future, As you can't create many of used username with same google account.
    This best way is to buy domain from individual who never used it. that means if you buy domain from me, You can create any [email protected] , coz I never added any user to domain and only used for cacheall mails.

Thanked by 1emdad
  • @FirstVM_com said:
    Yes, please. I don't quite understand too.

If you created [email protected] and deleted it. That means you can't add same user [email protected] in future.

• decaydecay Member

outance said: If you created [email protected] and deleted it. That means you can't add same user [email protected] in future.

really? thats a bit silly. Is there a way to figure out what names can/cant be used?

Is there really no way to actually clear the old names at all?

• @outance said:
    If you created [email protected] and deleted it. That means you can't add same user [email protected] in future.

I still don't know what makes you think like this.

If someone buy google apps account from me, he can add his own domains in to the account. and he can add any user like: [email protected]

• @decay said:
    really? thats a bit silly. Is there a way to figure out what names can/cant be used? Is there really no way to actually clear the old names at all?

Google treat custom domain user as google user and its used only for security issue.

• @FirstVM_com said:
    If someone buy google apps account from me, he can add his own domains in to the account. and he can add any user like: [email protected]

No Man, I already checked this!! there is a issue.

• @decay said:
    really? thats a bit silly. Is there a way to figure out what names can/cant be used?

Yeh, nothing is impossible, but for that you have to contact google team, Process takes 48hours, and you have to request about only single username.

• @outance said:
    No Man, I already checked this!! there is a issue.

No man, I never heard about this. I just have a test about this case. No problem is here.
    I guess you might mistake the domain alias.

Anyway, it doesn't matter for my accounts at all, since all of them are unused.

• @FirstVM_com said:
    No man, I never heard about this. I just have a test about this case. No problem is here. I guess you might mistake the domain alias.

Yeh, I'm telling about alias which is very important for multi-domain inbox.

• decay said: Oh yes please. Could you also please explain the limitations for me? As in, can you add as many domains to it, and can you add as many accounts (mail boxes) to those domains? If you are willing to sell ones you have, how much are you wanting (and which domains do you have :P)?

Cheers.

PMed you with more details.

• outanceoutance Member
    edited July 2014

I sold inficode.com to RootNerds for $465. :-)

• redoredo Member

Congrats for the deal. I have just taken a org domain with 50 users only $20 on ebay. But the domain has no meaning to me ☺

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

MXROUTE, Rackspace

Thanked by 1jar
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@outance said:
    I sold inficode.com to RootNerds for $465. :-)

100 users for $465? I thought the average sale was $0.50 / user

• CoudioCoudio Member

I am looking to buy a Google Apps domain as well, 10 users should be enough. PM me.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Coudio said:
    I am looking to buy a Google Apps domain as well, 10 users should be enough. PM me.

I have one, name the price.

• Hmm, now that old google apps accounts do not allow new domains to be added (unless as an alias, which wont work for most people), do anyone else suggest any other hosted mail alternative that is somewhat cheap(er), and reliable?