Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudLinux in OpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudLinux in OpenVZ

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

CloudLinux is now available for OpenVZ:

http://www.cloudlinux.com/vz-compat.php

We are testing in our shared hosting. The setup, was done and all seems Ok. Anybody has tested? Any consideration?

Regards!

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu

Comments

• Once thing I wonder, how many VPS providers are going to want to install the kernel module for each of their OpenVZ nodes.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@josephb said:
    Once thing I wonder, how many VPS providers are going to want to install the kernel module for each of their OpenVZ nodes.

We are going to (request by ticket to activate for your VPS).

• Please do update us after a few weeks/months to see how its performing.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's not really CloudLinux as you would be running on the node or in KVM. The only thing that is assisting in providing user containment/isolation is the per user process limit.

Basically, their version of jailshell + their version of RLimitNPROC (single line in Apache config). The PHP selector is nice, but that's about it. The bulk of the CloudLinux features are kernel implementations because they cannot be accomplished at the user level. I'm not sure if this is a big push to squeeze some extra money out for marketing or if they actually think they can eventually accomplish those features as the user without kernel modification.

I'll bow to them if they pull it off though. Right now it's not much of anything.

• Jar said: I'll bow to them if they pull it off though. Right now it's not much of anything.

Like having OpenVZ inside OpenVZ?