Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM: All data lost on nodes 27, 41, 52, 58 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM: All data lost on nodes 27, 41, 52, 58

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@miTgiB said: Stop selling off all your servers, how can you even keep tabs on that merry go round ;)

The boxes we sold were ones that we replaced with E3's :P

We've not sold any of the big nodes nor plan to any time soon.

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I thought miTgiB was talking to Asim about his ever-expanding VPS empire :-)

@raindog308 said: I thought miTgiB was talking to Asim about his ever-expanding VPS empire :-)

Given he was asking for help with KVM/LVM a few months back I think he consolidated most of his empire to his own shores ;)

Francisco

• Proud member of the VPS Collectors Club.

@Asim

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited May 2012

@birdie25 said: Proud member of the VPS Collectors Club.

or maybe Benevolent Dictator for Life (BDFL) for VPS collectors.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Sorry for Sad news. there is anything we can do to help?

• manmamanma Member

So would now be a good time to file a ticket about directories to look for, or should I wait a bit longer?

@manma said: So would now be a good time to file a ticket about directories to look for, or should I wait a bit longer?

Get the ticket submitted and we'll get to it when we got a chance :)

@Key12 - when you're with your significant other tonight, give a thrust for us.

Francisco

• I can imagine this situation being very stressful and hopefully the customers will be understanding and appreciative as it takes hard work to restore lost data from a FSCK. Wishing Francisco and his team the best.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@Aldryic where is the "I am the smartest guy over here" comment now?
    I thought you know everything, can control everything, can block everything, your dumb arrogance caused this crap.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Francisco said: The boxes we sold were ones that we replaced with E3's

I wasn't talking bout your stuff, Asim and his ever changing plan of attack was my topic.

I don't see you moving away from the 5500's anytime soon, the 5600's have nothing to offer you, and while the 2620 benches almost double the 5520, you'll need a larger array to make better use of that added CPU, and the cost to make it all happen would be prohibitive while the 5520's still do an excellent job.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@LAKid said: I thought you know everything, can control everything, can block everything, your dumb arrogance caused this crap.

Hey, there are some little kids with candy standing over there you can steal while you are at it.

Node27 is in an odd state.

/vz/ is empty but we're able to trace where all the VM's are. If you were on 27 and need some files, be sure to give us a unique file or some way to identify you.

We've found ways to start identifying CT's but please, if you're able to easily just rebuild let us know as that'd help a lot.

Thanks,

Francisco

Once Matt's at work on Monday I'll have him confirm how our power strips are setup and we'll replace anything that isn't triplites.

Francisco

@LAKid said: where is the "I am the smartest guy over here" comment now?

I thought you know everything, can control everything, can block everything, your dumb arrogance caused this crap.

WTF?

@Jack said: Thank god I have 24,24,21 :D

While I'm glad I' m not on those nodes, if I was, I'd be extra glad I do daily backups to SecureDragon and Hostigation. Never put all your eggs in one provider basket no matter how awesome they are.

• huluwahuluwa Member

Sadly, I don't backup my Node 41 VPS, but others do. ╭(╯_╰)╭

those 4 nodes were all 128M's

We group our nodes physically as best we can just to help the DC techs.

Francisco

• AldryicAldryic Member

Lol, I guess @LAKid (apt name, btw) is butt hurt from having his trolling against KuJoe called out, so now he's gonna try and take shots at me :P

• huluwahuluwa Member

@Francisco said: Mass remakes are done so I ask you to please log a ticket and let us know:

if you're needing us to hunt for data
    if you do, what data to hunt for

Ticket raised, I think someone of BuyVM see it, may be Anthony. ^_^

• @Francisco said: those 4 nodes were all 128M's

Not all of them. My 256MB was moved to node58 when you were helping me with some connection issues. Luckily I was able to recreate most of my services and already filed a ticket about the rest (if there's any of it left).

edited May 2012

@ToadKing said: Not all of them. My 256MB was moved to node58 when you were helping me with some connection issues. Luckily I was able to recreate most of my services and already filed a ticket about the rest (if there's any of it left)

Well then you're a very specific case :( We designate nodes to certain setups. Node58 had a different driver on it that we wanted to see if it was related to your quirk.

58 has data, here's hoping it's the data you want.

If you got strings in mind we can grep for I can run a full pass over lost+found if it's single files, etc.

I got around 95 CT's on node27 relinked in a state that bz can hopefully get data.

It took a lot of scripting to find what likely belonged where. Thankfully since 99% of them were 128's, It was mostly debian installs and I was able to parse data from /etc/network/interfaces. From there I ran the data through another script on manage.buyvm.net to pull me CTID's based on the IP's in the conf files.

Since we have multiple ranges it was easiest to just parse everyone for their LAN IP and go off that.

The initial pass relinked 75 CT's and the latest for the CentOS based CT's gets node27 to nearly 100.

Francisco

• ToadKingToadKing Member
    edited May 2012

@Francisco said: If you got strings in mind we can grep for I can run a full pass over lost+found if it's single files, etc.

Unfortunately most of the ones I can't recreate are images and log files, so I'll just have to find the images again and start over in the logs. If anything this whole situation is a good excuse to set up that backup system. :)

@ToadKing said: Unfortunately most of the ones I can't recreate are images and log files, so I'll just have to find the images again and start over in the logs. If anything this whole situation is a good excuse to set up that backup system. :)

It a for sure that we can't dig up the files but it wouldn't be a bad idea to start working on your end.

Francisco

I should probably fix that.

It's NOT a for sure that we can't. We'll do the best we can with what we have available. If you know md5's or specific strings we can search for that'd be unique to your stuff then let us know :)

Francisco

• DamianDamian Member
    edited May 2012

Hell, I thought that really weird and obtuse issues only happened to us :)

• @Francisco said: If you know md5's or specific strings we can search for that'd be unique to your stuff then let us know :)

Sadly, I don't keep md5 hashes for images on my site. :P I can probably find all of them again eventually.

Well if you have some filenames we will look.

Just let us know.

Francisco

• yomeroyomero Member

I am affected xD
    Ahm, honestly I need the folders of my teamspeak server, and probably some extra stuff around in my homes, but... I can't remember exactly what.

Probably I can live without that data? :S

I can't remember... crap

You were on node27 i think.

Open a ticket we can give you everything in your folder on the old node.