Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for RIPE LIR who is willing to sell PI space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for RIPE LIR who is willing to sell PI space

apollo15apollo15 Member
edited May 2012 in General

Hi,

I bought a part of web hosting company and we are currently looking for RIPE LIR who is willing to sell us PI IP space so we can grow further. We would really appreciate if someone trusted would be willing to do that for us.

We currently sell premium managed VPS packages in Europe, not low-end / budget.

Thanks
Regards

Comments

• @prometeus is the only RIPE LIR I know

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@vpsfraud said: is the only RIPE LIR I know

Thanks but well before of us here at LET there are Edis and maybe others :-)

@apollo15 said: I bought a part of web hosting company and we are currently looking for RIPE LIR who is willing to sell us PI IP space so we can grow further.

If you like I can help you, send me a private message with your email and I'll contact you.

Thanked by 1vpsfraud
  • WilliamWilliam Member

As you already PMed me: Yes, we register PI too.
    Just don't forget that it is not SOLD but ASSIGNED and you need background checks and justification for it.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Can anyone explain a little bit the PI IPs. I have read for them before, but not sure if I understood the things correctly.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

@LiquidHost said: Can anyone explain a little bit the PI IPs. I have read for them before, but not sure if I understood the things correctly.

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-530#----pa-vs-pi-address-space

& shorter version

http://www.ripe.net/lir-services/member-support/info/faqs/isp-related-questions/pa-pi

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Thank you guys.

In the meanwhile I have done some reading as well. As far as I understand PI IPs are not suitable for hosting providers, as the user to whom they are asigned is supposed to use them for himself only. I couldnt explain myself quite well... But as far as I can understand it is suitable for big companys/corporations, having for example hundreds of SSL websites, needing IPs for each one of them. Or am I mistaken?