Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Tor VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Tor VPS

Hello,

I am looking for a cheap ~$20/year VPS that allows non exit Tor relays. The provider must be US based, reliable, and accept PayPal. I would also like about 500GB of bandwidth and enough RAM and CPU allowance to run the Tor relay. Again, this would be for a non exiting Tor relay, so just a middle/entry relay.

Comments

• wychwych Member

Why US based?

• I can offer you a canada based. if interested pm me

• ShadowPhaseShadowPhase Member
    edited June 2014

Support times, and payments are directly in USD, although having international server locations is fine. Although if there is a international provider that can provide prices around $20/year and accepts PayPal then I'd take a look at them. I'd like the provider to have been around for a while though, and is well established and won't deadpool anytime soon.

• ShadowPhaseShadowPhase Member
    edited June 2014

I actually have several VPSs with RamNode, I don't know if they approve of Tor though. Also, if the VPS is viewed as "abusive" or something, although it probably won't be as it would be a middle relay, I don't want it to get me banned there. I've seen many providers just say Tor exit relays are prohibited, but then when I ask on their IRC channel, they say all Tor relays are prohibited.

• FlorisFloris Member

@ShadowPhase said:
    I actually have several VPSs with RamNode, I don't know if they approve of Tor though. Also, if the VPS is viewed as "abusive" or something, although it probably won't be as it would be a middle relay, I don't want it to get me banned there. I've seen many providers just say Tor exit relays are prohibited, but then when I ask on their IRC channel, they say all Tor relays are prohibited.

Why don´t you just open a support ticket with them?

• I just spoke with Nick from RamNode, and it looks like they are fine with relays as long as they are not exit, and limited to 20Mbps. I'll be going with them.

Thanks everyone :)