Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS Review - 90 Days - Dual X5150
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS Review - 90 Days - Dual X5150

edanedan Member
edited May 2014 in Reviews

Hi All,

DelimiterVPS offer very cheap dedicated server, with only $ 20/month we've got the following specifications:

• 2 x Dual Core 5150 Xeon
  • 16GB RAM
  • 500GB Disk
  • 1 IPv4 Address (I add one IP address so I can use my own NS)
  • /64 IPv6 address block
  • Hardware RAID Controller
  • Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
  • Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
  • 5TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • OS: Linux, Windows (you provide the license), FreeBSD or your own ISO
  • Gigabit port
  • DC Atlanta

Out of curiosity so I immediately bought one dedicated server from them, provisioned on 02/22/2014 (2 weeks of waiting because of I ask custom specs but not allowed grrr...). Test it for a while and seems all good than I move one of my forum there.

Network/uptime and Support

They have stable network, I had 100% uptime to date. The only reason my box down on that day because I execute yum update when installing igbinary (libmemcached) to replace pecl memcache than reboot it using SSH, but it fails because of kernel panic (stupid I am doing it on a live site), since I am new on managing dedicated server than I asking for help by opening a ticket, waiting for 1 hour and Brian T helping me to resolve the problems quickly.

Below the simple benchmark, I run it on production site with around 500 online users:

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5150  @ 2.66GHz
Number of cores : 4
CPU frequency :  1999.998 MHz
Total amount of ram : 15947 MB
Total amount of swap : 8031 MB
System uptime :   24 days, 9:05,
Download speed from CacheFly: 99.8MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 74.3MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 52.4MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 13.0MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 9.60MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 73.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.89MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 10.8MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 28.0MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 64.1MB/s
I/O speed :  93.1 MB/s

This box not sweat at all even in 1 day got more than 100K visitors or with 2000+ online users so this is a cheap monster.

Conclusion

For only $20/month than this box is an awesomeness, fast network, great uptime, and fair support.

Note: I have 2 boxes with them.

Comments

• I have been away due to some family issues. Thanks for the great review!

• I hear good things about them plenty of times.

Thanked by 2netomx ihatetonyy
  • I grabbed one of their bigger boxes on a quarter billing, loving it too, have moved some of my infrastructure to it, great up time - running OpenVZ and built out a few nodes even on just their stock config (no additional IP's or drives) IO is still sold and support has been awesome! Already looking to roll another this next month (or maybe this month) :-)

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @eddynetweb said:
    I hear good things about them plenty of times.

Their service is good though, if you don't need things like unmetered bandwidth like in online.net or kimsufi

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • 8420PR8420PR Member

I've had a Dual X5150 box with delimiter since before Christmas, and can confirm your review. In the first couple of months I felt the network was a bit variable, but since then it has seemed solid.

It is excellent value, so far!

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Delimiter is awesome. My connectivity is a lot better than it used to be. I got the quarterly dual 5150 as well. What changed my life.... iLO CLI. Mount ISO over http :)

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • @edan said:

@MarkTurner said:
    I have been away due to some family issues. Thanks for the great review!

Can anyone link me to that offer? i can't find it..

• edanedan Member

@anant said:

Try this link and ask @MarkTurner if somethings goes wrong with the order :)

Thanked by 1Sherlock
  • @anant said:

Here is their latest: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1379694

• Here's the latest latest ;) http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1381899

It also has some systems wither larger IP blocks like /26 and /27, dual 1TB with hardware RAID1, ideal for VPS providers

Thanked by 1edan
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited June 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Here's the latest latest ;) http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1381899

It also has some systems wither larger IP blocks like /26 and /27, dual 1TB with hardware RAID1, ideal for VPS providers

Nice specs, good amount of IPs for the price, except for the amount of RAM. It's too low for running a VPS node... You will be overselling from the start... A good VPS node have 128GB+ of RAM IMHO

But for a shared hosting setup or a personal box this is very nice!

Fred

• @FredQc said:
    Fred

Planning on selling 32gb ram VPS??

• edanedan Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Here's the latest latest ;) http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1381899

Just snap the Atom 230 this morning (my timezone) :)

• earlearl Member

So did most of you guys stick with the 1 IP or bought a /29?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@earl said:
    So did most of you guys stick with the 1 IP or bought a /29?

I got a /29. I've had IPs that were more and less expensive, no complaints :)

Thanked by 1earl
  • talsittalsit Member

I've got a 5150, an atom and a 5520 with delimiter. They have all been rock solid. I had an issue with ip assignment early on but that was quickly worked out.

• sonicsonic Veteran

Can I install Windows XP myself and active myself or do i have to send license to them to install.

Test IP for ATL location please :D

• @sonic said:
    Can I install Windows XP myself and active myself or do i have to send license to them to install.

Test IP for ATL location please :D

These have HP iLO 2, so you can mount the ISO (or have them) and install it yourself. Note, you cannot install this on the Atom.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@daxterfellowes said:
    These have HP iLO 2, so you can mount the ISO (or have them) and install it yourself. Note, you cannot install this on the Atom.

Thanks for your information. Do you have test IP?

• Is there any guide on how to install a custom iso on Atom 2GB RAM? I just got one though it is not yet activated :( Is windows trial allowed?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@rahoolm said:
    Is there any guide on how to install a custom iso on Atom 2GB RAM? I just got one though it is not yet activated :( Is windows trial allowed?

They cannot be installed on the Atom, please read the thread.

• A good review, i am learning.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • You should improve your support and response time too

• I am planning to take one myself.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner