Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Europe shared hosting for NOW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Europe shared hosting for NOW

SimWhiteSimWhite Member
edited May 2014 in Requests

Hello, please advice me an Europe shared hosting provider.

My requirements:

• PHP 5.3.x and up
  • MySQL 4.1.x and up
  • GD PHP Extension
  • ionCube loader (v4.4.1+)
  • mcrypt PHP Extension
  • cURL with SSL PHP Extension
  • Multibyte String PHP Extension
  • PDO PHP Extension
  • IMAP PHP Extension
  • Memory limit of 128M

Also I need SSH access, Midnight Commander installed and SSL support.

Comments

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Is there any specific reason why you don't want to go with a VPS? Also, how many hits per day does your site get (in traffic terms)?

A VPS gives you much more flexibility and allows you to manage everything the way you like it.

• SimWhiteSimWhite Member
    edited May 2014

@viCommunications said:
    Is there any specific reason why you don't want to go with a VPS?

Yeah, I don't want to monitor and fix security issues, updates, etc.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

mc and stuff... I dont think so. Please tell me if you find something like this.

• Joe_NQJoe_NQ Member

Before I started with low-end virtual servers I was using WebFaction for quite some time which is registered in the UK and offers shared hosting out of the Softlayer DC in Amsterdam, NL (as well as US and Asia).

They are a little pricey but their service and support was always top-notch. You'll get 512 MB application memory, 100 GB disk space, 600 GB bandwidth and most of your requirements should be installed by default on their nodes. At some point I read that they would install Midnight Commander on request but I don't know if they are still doing that.

Some people do not like their custom interface instead of cPanel, I however didn't mind and thought it was quite nice at the time.

• What price are you looking for? Shared hosting with SSH and MC ... :)

• @XTServers said:
    What price are you looking for? Shared hosting with SSH and MC ... :)

I'm already found stablehost.com and eurohost.com with all of my requirements so around six euro per month.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Maounique said: mc and stuff... I dont think so.

I don't know why that would be surprising...mc is not that exotic, though I think I forgot it existed about 10 years ago :-)

For example, Dreamhost (which is not Euro but is one I'm familiar with) has ssh access + mc is installed, so it's not that uncommon.