Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who offers the best Windows VPS's?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So who offers the best Windows VPS's?

XeiXei Member
edited May 2014 in General

I know all the top providers for linux VPS's and I have many of them. I want to branch into Windows virtualization for the first time. I'm wondering who the very top providers are for Windows VPS services these days. Since space is not important for me, I guess it comes down to RAM, reliability, connectivity, and cost.

Edit: From what I know, Windows is a RAM hog so I guess for decent response it needs at least 1GB? This is why I highlighted ram over disk space/etc.

Edit2: Low end-ish providers please. I am thinking of trying out Burst NET.

Comments

• DavidxDavidx Member

Winity.. one of serverian's brands. :)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

probably ovh when i tested it, it seemed like a real machine (performance wise) http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud.xml

• PwnerPwner Member

@David_P said:

Agreed with @David_P

http://winity.io is one of the best Windows brands you can get for your price. They are extremely cheap and give you the best configuration for the prices you pay, with the Windows license included in the purchase.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • XeiXei Member

How does bringing my own Windows license work? What sort of cost savings would that be?

• PwnerPwner Member

@Xei said:
    How does bringing my own Windows license work? What sort of cost savings would that be?

Bringing your own Windows license means that you'll be expected to provide a license for the version of Windows you will be running on the VPS. The only cost savings it provides is that you don't need to pay an added fee from most Windows hosts so they provide you with a license. The license must be 100% legally obtained. If you don't want to go out there and spend extra on getting a Windows license, as previously stated, Winity is your best deal. They'll give you a very low price with great specs and a Windows license thrown in for you.

• forthcloudforthcloud Member
    edited May 2014

Hi Xei, we have just run our beta high available windows 2012 dc on containers and cloud storage - if you would like or anyone else we can open a free test account for few days.

• I used @FAPVPS for a while, they use KVM and i provided my own iso and license key. They are based in decentec and i never had any issues with performance or the network. https://fapvps.com/special-offers.html I was using the quad plan.

• DH22DH22 Member

I have had a Windows VPS through Corgitech for about 3 months now and it has been very good. RDP super smooth even though I am about 55ms from the server, more than halfway across the US. Although you can get a 750MB RAM Windows VPS through them for $10/month, I am not sure how well Windows Server, at least 2008 or 2012, will perform at that level of RAM. 2003 is an option though. But I have the 1.5GB RAM plan which is available for $18 per month. These prices are using code CORGI50 for 50% off. They did send an e-mail out a few months ago warning about upcoming price changes but have not provided any indication yet what the actual changes will be.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Inception Hosting's Miami Windows plans are awesome.

• Xei said: How does bringing my own Windows license work?

Generally this won't work on VPS as it violates MS SPLA. There are exceptions to this but well, a lot of providers are doing it "illegally".

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    Inception Hosting's Miami Windows plans are awesome.

This!
    Been using mine for almost a year, not a single hiccup.

• CrabCrab Member

@David_P said:

OMG Oktay is getting way too much of my money, cannot resist...

• Opt for Softsys Hosting! Best Windows VPS Provider.

• @Crab said:
    OMG Oktay is getting way too much of my money, cannot resist...

serverian is called Oktay?

I always thought it was Server Ian o.O

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

Winity unless you have your own license and know how Windows licenses work.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

said: Edit2: Low end-ish providers please. I am thinking of trying out Burst NET.

Do not do this.

Burst is terrible getting worse and possibly going under.

• rds100rds100 Member

Didn't they burst already? Any signs of life?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    Didn't they burst already? Any signs of life?

Yeah, I thought they were sold already in the form of assets... But didnt really follow that line of news, tbh.