Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaming Computer Help Please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gaming Computer Help Please

CltcamCltcam Member

I need a good gaming computer for under 1,027.74 . Needs to be able to ship to the USA and accept paypal. Any ideas?

Comments

• And you're not willing to build it?

• CltcamCltcam Member

Well, I was talking to my dad and he said $1,000 is going to be a huge waste if you order the parts then can't build it. I'm not the most technological person.

• namhuynamhuy Member

Get a dell desktop then upgrade VGA which is very easy thing to do. Done

• Cltcam said: Well, I was talking to my dad and he said $1,000 is going to be a huge waste if you order the parts then can't build it. I'm not the most technological person.

Then add part of the budget for someone making it for you.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

don't you have shops nearby with a website that allows you to build a PC?
    in the netherlands we have one called www.alternate.nl their online pc-builder also checks if all the hardware you choose will go together and work. they will build and deliver the customized pc aswel.

i'm pretty sure that something similiar exists in your country.

• georgegeorge Member

www.choosemypc.net

www.logicalincrements.com

• What if it costs 1,027.75?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

Cltcam said: Well, I was talking to my dad and he said $1,000 is going to be a huge waste if you order the parts then can't build it. I'm not the most technological person.

I don't think it's as hard as you're imagining, you should look up some videos on youtube. It's all snap fit nowadays.

If you're nervous about it though you could just ask a local PC shop how much they'd charge you to build a PC if you suppled parts or something, probably won't be too much. I wouldn't have them order the parts tho, with premium you'd prob pay same price as an out of the box PC.

eBay is also an option for some prebuilt customs.

• c0yc0y Member

AThomasHowe said: I don't think it's as hard as you're imagining, you should look up some videos on youtube. It's all snap fit nowadays.

If you're nervous about it though you could just ask a local PC shop how much they'd charge you to build a PC if you suppled parts or something, probably won't be too much. I wouldn't have them order the parts tho, with premium you'd prob pay same price as an out of the box PC.

eBay is also an option for some prebuilt customs.

I think he meant hardware incompatibility. E.g. ordering an i7 with DDR2 RAM :-P

• ricardoricardo Member

There are a lot of sites offering custom made solutions. I've never bothered to build one myself, the labour cost of someone else building it is pretty small as they've mastered the process.

• Skip the monitor if you can,- try have an SSD in there - try skip on Windows if you already have a license and want to use Windows - ATI GPU cards tend to be cheaper relative to their performance.
  • Order a Dell optiplex GX 280 and play Need for Speed II SE :-p

• Building a pc is pretty easy, if you want to be 100% that the parts you pick are all compatible with each other, go to a hardware forum (like tomshardware.com) and post all the components and ask the members if there's any issues with it.

If you don't feel comfortable with building a pc, don't do it. Comparing a $1000 custom built computer and a pre-built computer, the custom one will always be more powerful.

• impimp Member

Build your own PC.It will save money.

• namhuynamhuy Member

imp said: Build your own PC.It will save money.

not very true, some times dell has better setup/price than DIY, if you don't really need specific hardware feature, getting whole system from dell is better, for gaming just swap for a decent vga

• CltcamCltcam Member

Hmmm I used http://www.choosemypc.net/ and it generated this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3v3MC but I also need a monitor, mouse, and keyboard, all for below my budget. Any ideas?

• wychwych Member

NewEgg if you know which mouse/keyboard etc you want.

If not goto Microcentre/BestBuy and have a play on the demo models and then order from NewEgg .

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited May 2014

imo you rather learn or hire a tech to assemble your pc and you would be happy with your rig for next 3-4years without upgrading it, plus you can save some $$$.

• You should build it, as it will probably get you something that you want.