Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in any country, 100Mbit/s (duplex) unmetered, $10/month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in any country, 100Mbit/s (duplex) unmetered, $10/month

2»

Comments

• wychwych Member

@chrisp said:

Unmetered subject to fair use :)

• earlearl Member

rm_ said: They never ended up actually implementing it even for new orders (I think), let alone for ones made prior to that. Also those who did have a bandwidth counter appearing in their control panel, reported that it's wildly inaccurate, almost to the point of not measuring anything (e.g. reporting just 10 GB after 3 TB actually used).

IOW just stop complaining and pretending true unmetered 100 Mbit providers can't exist, they do. "In theory" everyone wants to have less heavy users on unmetered packages and more lighter-usage ones, but in practice there's plenty of providers who don't break their word by limiting or kicking out people.

I was not insinuating that real unmetered does not exist.. I know there are providers who truly honor what they advertise.. I was referencing chrisp comment regarding OVH and getting what is advertised.. If I recalled it was your thread that brought my attention to the fact that they changed the 100Mbps to 5 TB. Regardless whether they actually limit you or not would be nice to get notified that things have changed! I'm sure when I signed there was a clause or two regarding a change of service at anytime which I probably missed It was more so extending the courtesy to at least let you know if something changed!.

I also recalled another incident where the kimsufi special was advertised to include 4 IP's but in reality only came with one.. also the 3 euro atom ordeal where they changed their mind and limited it to EU only.. I'm only pointing out the fact that OVH can do whatever they want.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited May 2014

@chrisp said:
    Domflow for example, they explicitly write "* Bandwidth is flat rate. You have 100Mbps uplink port without traffic restriction." I would expect even for that 3€ to get 30tb traffic from that machine. If that's not what I should expect they should just say what the restrictions are.

We not write any restriction because you can use that bandwidth for every legal activity you want.

I know that 100mbps unmetered cost more then 4€ but you need to consider the company. At the moment we had lot 10ge uplink used only for incoming ddos and unused on outbounds. Use incoming bandwidth for one service and outbound bandwidth for other service permit us to optimize the revenue. Nothing hidden, just our way to optimize the costs.

Regards

Thanked by 2Dylan Mark_R
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

matteob said: At the moment we had lot 10ge uplink used only for incoming ddos and unused on outbounds.

You went the other way around, usually people have a lot of unused ingress they use to tank DDoSes after they use most egress...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

earl said: the kimsufi special was advertised to include 4 IP's but in reality only came with one

Well, that case was just a dumb copy-paste mistake from their previous offer, not something they advertised and provided, but then changed terms half-way.

• matteobmatteob Barred

@Maounique said:
    You went the other way around, usually people have a lot of unused ingress they use to tank DDoSes after they use most egress...

Yes, because we had unexpected growing in ddos mitigation business that caused fast uplink grow :-)

• msg7086msg7086 Member

@William said:
    Inbound is easy, i think Vultr is unmetered inbound.

They do measure inbound bandwidth. They'll charge either inbound or outbound, which ever is larger. So if I consume 5TB inbound and 100GB outbound I'll get a challenging bill.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

mpkossen said: Don't Fliphost and Catalyst have unmetered deals?

We just do large bandwidth and we don't count incoming. We also don't suspend on bandwidth overage, so I guess for the most part we are unmetered.

• William said: It does not work on VPS either.

Correction - OVH suspended my VPS for being "hacked" when using 20TB+ for Tor.

• @William said:

OVH doesn't allow you to be an exit node, read their updated ToS.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2014

So? I was running middle. Exit on OVH is suicide.

• Rallias said: And get limited the moment you cross the 10TB line.

This was years ago..