Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Cloud 1 ovh.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Cloud 1 ovh.com

Hello, One of my VPS got suspended. The traffic is increased every day & I got suspended because they said CPU abuse. But I can not afford to buy dedi.

So Im interested in OVH VPS Cloud 1
CPU guaranteed: 2 vCores
RAM guaranteed: 2 GB

The problem is I am south east asian.. can not order.
My budget is $20.
are there any vps cloud hosting have the same spec ?

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Dr server gives you dedicated cores via his AbusiveCores plans. Not a recommendation as I'm not a customer, but you might want to check them out.

Thanked by 1Lirik
  • LirikLirik Member

Thank you. I will check that AbusiveCores plans.

• colacola Member

If you wanna buy from OVH from other country than the ones specified by them, you will need to buy from OVH.ie

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@cola said:
    If you wanna buy from OVH from other country than the ones specified by them, you will need to buy from OVH.ie

You sure that's how it works?

• colacola Member

Yes, my country isn't in their list. First time i've tried to buy from OVH.co.uk, and they request from me a bank statement and a copy of my id to proof who i am and whats my location. After they asked me kindly to buy from OVH.ie, with the same datas i've sent them first time. Now i have two servers from them.. paid monthly.

Thanked by 1Lirik
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

cola said: Yes, my country isn't in their list.

And which country is that?

• LirikLirik Member
    edited April 2014

Good info. I really hope I can get that too.
    Let me try

• colacola Member

@Nekki , Romania is my country.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@cola said:
    Nekki , Romania is my country.

I'm not sure you're viewed as quite as risky an area as China for providers. I'll be interested to see whether OVH.ie serves anyone outside of the EU now that the US has it's own site.

• colacola Member

Dunno.. How it works for other continents.

• earlearl Member

You can get the $20 dedi from volumedrive.

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4200+ (2 cores)
    RAM: 4 GB DDR2 Memory
    HD: 250 GB Hard Drive
    BW: 100 Mbps / 8,000 GB
    IP: 2 Public IP Addresses
    KVM On Demand Available
    Linux / Windows / BSD / XEN

$19.95/mo | $0 Setup

http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated

If you can raise your budget to $25 Datashack has their Phenom II x4 840 back in stock

Phenom II x4 840

4 Cores / 4 Threads
    3.2Ghz Turbo
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    500GB Hard Drive
    20TB Monthly Transfer 
    Linux/Windows* OS
    5 usable IPv4 Address
    /64 IPv6 Address Block**   

$25/mo FREE Setup

https://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=235

Been having some packet loss past couple of days but overall they are both pretty good for the price..

Thanked by 1Lirik
  • CakeyCakey Member

@earl said:
    You can get the $20 dedi from volumedrive.

KVM On Demand Available

$19.95/mo | $0 Setup

Ehm yea, I would stay away from volumedrive if I was the OP because they will actually sell you spoofing if you pay $30 more so all skiddie booter owners with a brain enough to ask them still use them.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LirikLirik Member

Wow this is cheap dedicated offers. Budget dedi server. Thank You earl.

KVM On Demand Available

$19.95/mo | $0 Setup ---- Looks good on my budget

• You must go for volumedrive only if you dont care about downtime as it would happen frequently.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LirikLirik Member

I don't have any experience using dedi server. Im going to try volumedrive but now Im worried.

• CakeyCakey Member

@Lirik said:
    I don't have any experience using dedi server. Im going to try volumedrive but now Im worried.

Then I would really not recommend them, their support is sorta like ecatel aka really bad.
    You're actually better going a bit higher in price ($5) and choosing something like Wholesaleinternet, Kimsufi, DataShack

Thanked by 1Lirik
  • LirikLirik Member
    edited April 2014

So DataShack is better than volumedrive ?
    Too bad I can not get Kimsufi.

• LirikLirik Member

I decided to try DataShack.
    Thank You Everyone.

• earlearl Member

Well you will get faster support with WII and DS.. But volumedrive is not as bad as people make them out to be.

I've had my server with VD for a couple months now and I'm pretty happy with it.. They're pretty easy going and the one-time fee upgrades is nice to have.

Have to say they all experience the occasional packet loss here and there but still pretty decent..

It's also good to note that the DS servers are on 1Gbit port where as with VD it's only 100Mbit port.

If you want to go even cheaper you can try online.net. they have the U2250 which is similar to the atoms, can't really say it's a great performing server but for starting out it's not bad cause they have a nice panel for automated reload of your OS..

it's 10 euros/mo so about $15 or USD, seems they have 42 in stock.

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-scg2

Manufacturer Dell Dell DCS

Processor VIA1x VIA® Nano® U2250

Architecture 1 coeur @1.6 GHz, x64, VT

Memory 2 GB

KVM over IP (on demand)
    Storage 500 GB Hybrid + SSD

Internet bandwidth guaranteed Premium 150 Mbit/s

Traffic Unmetered

1 adresse IPv4

IPv6 /48

Thanked by 1Lirik
  • @cola said:

You can buy either from ovh.com or ovh.ie but ofc not from .de or .co.uk etc etc

• @theweblover007 said:
    You must go for volumedrive only if you dont care about downtime as it would happen frequently.

What downtime are you referring to? Our network has been quite solid. Please let us know if you've had any experience or direct issues with our network so we can investigate.

• CakeyCakey Member

@volumedrive said:
    What downtime are you referring to? Our network has been quite solid. Please let us know if you've had any experience or direct issues with our network so we can investigate.

Expect that you still sell spoofing if the user gives you $30 extra.

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited April 2014

@Lirik said:
    Hello, One of my VPS got suspended. The traffic is increased every day & I got suspended because they said CPU abuse. But I can not afford to buy dedi.

So Im interested in OVH VPS Cloud 1
    CPU guaranteed: 2 vCores
    RAM guaranteed: 2 GB

The problem is I am south east asian.. can not order.
    My budget is $20.
    are there any vps cloud hosting have the same spec ?

Try this http://colorhost.de/en/server/vserver/openvz/small/
    4 cores / 2 gb - 10 euro.

BTW, what's the problem to order OVH VPS from someone else? Who can order from OVH :) OVH Classic plans is rather fine also.

Own opinion - you should stay on virtual servers as much time as possible. When you deal with dedicated server you need to care about data safe (RAID, backups, snapshots) and it's not the case for a guy without knowledges in administer. With virtual servers, RAID is already done for you, backups and snapshots is available on many hosting providers.

• SebfmSebfm Member

@earl said:
    Well you will get faster support with WII and DS.. But volumedrive is not as bad as people make them out to be.

I've had my server with VD for a couple months now and I'm pretty happy with it.. They're pretty easy going and the one-time fee upgrades is nice to have.

Have to say they all experience the occasional packet loss here and there but still pretty decent..

It's also good to note that the DS servers are on 1Gbit port where as with VD it's only 100Mbit port.

If you want to go even cheaper you can try online.net. they have the U2250 which is similar to the atoms, can't really say it's a great performing server but for starting out it's not bad cause they have a nice panel for automated reload of your OS..

it's 10 euros/mo so about $15 or USD, seems they have 42 in stock.

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-scg2

Manufacturer Dell Dell DCS

Processor VIA1x VIA® Nano® U2250

Architecture 1 coeur 1.6 GHz, x64, VT

Memory 2 GB

KVM over IP (on demand)
    Storage 500 GB Hybrid + SSD

Internet bandwidth guaranteed Premium 150 Mbit/s

Traffic Unmetered

1 adresse IPv4

IPv6 /48

I confirm, this would be far better.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Lirik: You can order directly from OVH US: http://www.ovh.com/us/vps/ even if you are from SouthEast Asia.

• sharuusharuu Member
    edited May 2014

Wrong forum. Please delete this.