Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is my Server Dedibox SC Large from online.net using RAID?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is my Server Dedibox SC Large from online.net using RAID?

JohnRoeJohnRoe Member

Im using debian and when I run "apt-get upgrade" there is a prompt for mdadm and i said yes. then, a blue display came out and i just hit enter.. what I remember, in the box, it written "all"

after that, some error came out.

W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays. W: mdadm: no arrays defined in configuration file.

I did some googling and found mdadm are used for RAID.. how can i know if my dedi is using RAID?

referring to [THIS] I can remove mdadm if my server did not use RAID..

I will not reboot my server until I found the solution. Just fear that my server wont boot up again..

btw, "mdadm --device --scan" produce no result

Comments

• wychwych Member

No they do not use RAID, you have a single hybrid SHDD.

• @wych said:
    single hybrid SHDD

ohh.. thank you soo much.. I have not much experiences in using dedi.. so many problems I had to face..

thank you again

• wychwych Member

@psycholyzern said:
    thank you again

No problem!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2014

This is correct in case of their cheapest servers which indeed come with a single hybrid HDD
    http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-scL

But do note that you would get the same result (and errors) regarding mdadm even on their more expensive servers, which come with two HDDs and do use RAID. The reason is that they use hardware RAID, not software RAID created by mdadm.

• @rm_ said:
    This is correct in case of their cheapest servers which indeed come with a single hybrid HDD
    http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-scL

But do note that you would get the same result (and errors) regarding mdadm even on their more expensive servers, which come with two HDDs and do use RAID. The reason is that they use hardware RAID, not software RAID created by mdadm.

In that case, mdadm can be uninstalled??