Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrgentVPS - Welcome to the deadpool!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrgentVPS - Welcome to the deadpool!

sturdyvpssturdyvps Member
edited March 2012 in Providers

UrgentVPS is offline from 2012-02-23 20:11:11 as per the Wiki on LowEndBox.

Are there any UrgentVPS customers here?

Thanked by 1vedran

Comments

• UrgentVPS is offline here too.

• And Bret WEBER said at WHT that he's not connected with UrgentVPS anymore. Sounds familiar?

• vedranvedran Veteran

Not cool

I have a VPS with them, and it's still alive :S

• vedranvedran Veteran

Their site is back up, my VPS never went down. False alarm?

• All ok from my side too...

• vedranvedran Veteran

Down again?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

We are talking about urgentVPS.com right? The guy can't seem to choose between 28-42 Clements Road and 103 Cranbrook Road which he uses for local business listings. I don't have the time to check companieshouse atm.

Either way he lives within a 5 minutes car journey from me, my school is just opposite Cranbrook Road, it's a long road with lots of schools nearby so no guessing :p

I also remember someone on IRC saying that payments went to a Turkish Telecom company.

Edit: just found another address - Morland House, 12-16 Eastern
    Road, Romford, Essex RM1 3PJ,
    United Kingdom. This guy is playing some dodgy game..

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2012

@Infinity said: Either way he lives within a 5 minutes car journey from me, my school is just opposite Cranbrook Road, it's a long road with lots of schools nearby so no guessing :p

Ok, lets provide you the monies for da gangstah's, so you can go there :P

MAybe is const striking again xD

Well it's 5 minutes assuming you are speeding down residential roads.

Wait, that guy can't own a shop, as far as I know that part of Cranbrook Road has shops, just looked at Google directions(no maps on mobile version) and it seems to be next to Sam99p store LOL.

• and their prices was normal, 2€/month for the deal was good enough, not the ultra-cheap-15$/y-lame-packages.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@OneTwo said: and their prices was normal, 2€/month for the deal was good enough, not the ultra-cheap-15$/y-lame-packages.

Urgent has....i dunno. They moved between 3 - 4 DC's now, each time having a huge multi day outage. They had tons of downtime due to DDOS attacks yet they still swear that they have rioreys. They had a staff member (Bret was it? I can't remember - sorry!) leave then return within a day or two (i'm assuming it was a stunt to get more cash). Recently it looks like he moved to a new company - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=194454

Their prices on virtuozzo were by no means LEB, I think they were like $25/m for a 256-512MB so it wasn't like they weren't making a decent penny to do things right. I'm not sure what would make them suddenly want to chase the LEB market with onapp given how expensive it is.

Francisco

The phone number on their whois is invalid damnit, it just says Call disconnected after 2 seconds. I really want to speak with this guy!

• vedranvedran Veteran

@Infinity I have a spare crowbar if you need it

edited April 2012

Not too sure but they have a UK address on the whois and a fake number, it is listed in local directories too.

Having thought of it the Cranbrook Road address could well be real because there are flats above the shops which are cheap and lots of immigrants go there. Those fake 'universities' are based around there who provide fake study visas and all that too.

• @Infinity said: The phone number on their whois is invalid

You should always call before ordering to check if a company has a valid phone IMO.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Infinity said: Having thought of it the Cranbrook Road address could well be real

just go. I did that once, with a "hacker" on our RO servers... almost 7 million ppl on my city, and aprox. 110 millon on all Mexico... an dthe guy was like 3 block away hahah.. his dad went out and apologize abou his son ahahahahahaha

Thanked by 2Liam Jeffrey

@netomx said: just go. I did that once, with a "hacker" on our RO servers... almost 7 million ppl on my city, and aprox. 110 millon on all Mexico... an dthe guy was like 3 block away hahah.. his dad went out and apologize abou his son ahahahahahaha

I might do when I go back to school, in around a week from now. I just need to be a bit careful.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Infinity said: I might do when I go back to school, in around a week from now. I just need to be a bit careful.

Why? Just knock the door... and step back ;)

• @Infinity @netomx Just do the B and E ;)