Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to get archey working on Debian?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to get archey working on Debian?

trexostrexos Member
edited April 2014 in General

Hi,

I am trying to get archey working on my debian 6.0.7. I installed it this way:
$ sudo apt-get install lsb-release scrot $ wget http://github.com/downloads/djmelik/archey/archey-0.2.8.deb $ sudo dpkg -i archey-0.2.8.deb

But I get this error:

root@vserv01:~# archey df: no file systems processed Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/archey", line 304, in <module> func() File "/usr/bin/archey", line 285, in disk_display total = p1.splitlines()[-1] IndexError: list index out of range

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Comments

• didn't work for me:
    root@vserv01:~# archey df: no file systems processed Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/archey", line 304, in <module> func() File "/usr/bin/archey", line 285, in disk_display total = p1.splitlines()[-1] IndexError: list index out of range

• @trexos said:
    IndexError: list index out of range`

Try installing latest version of CoreUtils.

• @Floris said:
    Try installing latest version of CoreUtils.

Already newest version :(

• @trexos Did you install the latest CoreUtils like the fettesps.com site recommended?

• @rajprakash said:
    trexos Did you install the latest CoreUtils like the fettesps.com site recommended?

ya :(

root@vserv01:~# apt-get install coreutils Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done coreutils is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

• Tell us what "dpkg -l | grep coreutils" returns.

• root@vserv01:~# dpkg -l | grep coreutils ii coreutils 8.5-1 GNU core utilities

• There must be another dependency that is too old. Any reason you're still running Debian Squeeze instead of Wheezy?

• @rajprakash said:
    There must be another dependency that is too old. Any reason you're still running Debian Squeeze instead of Wheezy?

I will try it with wheezy later :)

• Debian 7.4 32 bit doesn't work as well :(

I already tried "apt-get install coreutils" and this wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/coreutils/coreutils_8.5-1_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i coreutils_8.5-1_i386.deb

• show us df -h

• trexostrexos Member
    edited April 2014

@rajprakash said:
    show us df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/simfs 5.0G 755M 4.3G 15% / none 256M 4.0K 256M 1% /dev none 52M 980K 51M 2% /run none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock none 205M 0 205M 0% /run/shm none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user

• oops I meant df -Tlh

• @rajprakash said:
    oops I meant df -Tlh

sure :)

Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/simfs simfs 5.0G 755M 4.3G 15% / none devtmpfs 256M 4.0K 256M 1% /dev none tmpfs 52M 980K 51M 2% /run none tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock none tmpfs 205M 0 205M 0% /run/shm none tmpfs 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user

• edited April 2014

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what's happening is that archey doesn't know what to do with filesystem types simfs tempfs and devtempfs.

If you look at the p1 string generated in the Disk class of the script at the following link, it's looking for ext2, ext4, ext3, reiserfs, etc as an output of df - Tlh. It doesn't know what to do if there are the common virtualized fs types such as simfs, tempfs, etc.

https://github.com/djmelik/archey/blob/master/archey

• @rajprakash said:
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think what's happening is that archey doesn't know what to do with filesystem types simfs tempfs and devtempfs.

If you look at the p1 string generated in the Disk class of the script at the following link, it's looking for ext2, ext4, ext3, reiserfs, etc as an output of df - Tlh. It doesn't know what to do if there are the common virtualized fs types such as simfs, tempfs, etc.

https://github.com/djmelik/archey/blob/master/archey

Ok I see, so I wont use it as most of my vps are openvz. Thank you very much for your help:)