Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird things going on @ prefiber.nl
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weird things going on @ prefiber.nl

ksx4systemksx4system Member
edited April 2012 in General

Well, I'm prefiber.nl customer since more than one year (around 15 months). It was nice for the money... But now something went wrong.

Last invoce they sent to me:

This is a payment receipt for Invoice 5503 sent on 03/03/2012

VPS Linux #2 PROMO - vps.server.com (14/01/2012 - 13/02/2012)

and this e-mail was received 5th March 2012. Their billing panel is broken (throws PHP error on me when I try to fetch data about server and invoces), SolusVM is up (it looks like it was possible to start my server which was suddenly turned off few days ago) and it looks like helpdesk software is up too (but they ignored my request).

Now I'm backing up my data. Any ideas what's happening?

Comments

• They started doing weird things a long time ago. Check existing threads on LEB/LET.

I've considered them to be deadpool for many months now.

Thanked by 1bijan588
  • I had a vps like a year ago with them and they suckt at that time already. Wrong IPs and stuff.

• ksx4systemksx4system Member
    edited April 2012

OK... backup done, files deleted, VPS reinstalled.

!(http://memearchive.net/memerial.net/001/i-want-cookies.jpg)

but don't want cookies, I'd love a new VPS somewhere close to my country and in LEB price range :(

edit: why can't I post images?

• @ksx4system said: but don't want cookies, I'd love a new VPS somewhere close to my country and in LEB price range :(

what country are you looking for?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@ksx4system I had luck with my .pl vps :)
    Budgetvps.pl OpenVZ was crap and because all troubles one day they gave me offer to move to their more "premium" hitme.pl Xen for same price and since then vps work as it should. It's not my best vps but decent. This would be the closest LEB to you I think however why don't you get some decent budget vps from nearest Germany? LEB/LET is full of those offers...

• @Spirit: If you want something high quality in Gdańsk, Poland just don't even look at hitme.net.pl/budgetvps.pl (go with artnet.pl - double the LEB price range but it's premium quality).

@djvdorp: well, something like Netherlands od Luxembourg/Belgium will do. If there's nothing in my budget I'll just fetch one of these VPSes in Łódź, Poland from livenet.pl (19pln monthly per 1Gb of OpenVZ memory - still in LEB price range).

• sandozsandoz Veteran

strange things yes, no idea
    no bill since last november, but vps is up for 5 months now, no real issues for me

strange

• nabonabo Member
    edited April 2012

@ksx4system said: why can't I post images?

You're doing it wrong. The markdown code for images is ![title](url). The code on the board here is broken, I raised that concern a few months ago with no result.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2012

@ksx4system said: why can't I post images?

Just use html img tags

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Just use html img tags

+1. And if someone doesn't know how, our eyes are probably the better off for it :P

• @ksx4system I am actually pleased with hitme.pl Xen VPS. I was some year on their old budget OpenVZ platform and now I am maybe 4 months or so on Xen and difference is obvious. Non heavily overloaded, responsive node with decent uptime. This just work as it should.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3450 @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2659.984 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 118 MB
    Total amount of swap : 255 MB
    System uptime : 60 days, 8:38,
    Download speed : (3.72MB/s)
    I/O speed : 54.6MB/s

• ksx4systemksx4system Member
    edited April 2012

@Spirit said: Download speed : (3.72MB/s)

I/O speed : 54.6MB/s

Oh come on... even for LEB-range price you can go faster than that (at least here in Poland). Things are getting worse if you'd like to get fast bandwidth going beyond borders of the country.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@ksx4system actually as IRCnet user I have explicitely with poland very bad experiences over last 10 years or so. I can't even remember anymore name of all those "companies" where I was hosted and don't exist anymore. Beside that this what you quoted above is completely normal LEB result and it's not like there would be plenty hosts in poland with some uber-great performance for budget price or atleast I don't know them.
    I get what I pay for and it's not like this what you quoted (oh come on?) would be some terrible result however this what I value even more here is good uptime. There's nothing to oppose really. And as it seems they are doing better than your prefiber.nl :D

• @Spirit:

well, maybe my attitude was caused by dropping some LEBs for some premium quality servers. I've just got used to better results than most of LEBs.

By the way you're right about the quality provided by some local ISPs (it's quite safe to assume that only/mostly big companies with 5+ years of existence on the market provide decent service here).

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Prefiber was actually deadpooled back in January: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/dead-pool-january-2012/

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@ksx4system
    Actually I am with them since November 2010 and believe me, they really made a great progress. It's not like I would be some always kind guy unable to criticize my LEB hosts when there's something to criticize and I said some word here and there also against old crappy OpenVZ platform performance however with this one I really think that I get that (or more) what I pay for.

Oh, and since I already mentioned payment have I meantioned also that I pay for this decent Xen VPS 48,00 zł/Semi-Annually (old budget OpenVZ pricing).
    Anyway, that's just my experience, though.

• @joepie91 said: Prefiber was actually deadpooled back in January: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/dead-pool-january-2012/

ROTFL, I haven't noticed that... server worked as usually since 2nd week of April this year. Weird.

Thanked by 1djvdorp