Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

offshore Dedicated Server ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

offshore Dedicated Server ?

BreezehostBreezehost Member
edited April 2012 in General

Hello ,

Could you please suggest me which location better for purchase a offshore dedicated server ?

Thanks,

Comments

• The US is offshore for me.

• AmfyAmfy Member

I think he means a semi bulletproof dedicated server? What will you do with that?

Or only another seedbox?

• Vietnam

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited April 2012

north korea -100% hardware uptime. nuclear powered.

• @cosmicgate said: 100% hardware uptime.

100% hardware uptime or you'll be executed for treason

• Its another marketing thing. Just like "Cloud"

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2012

"Offshore" like on an oil platform or something?

• @liam said: americans have no right

^ That.

Aside from the US trying to police the world, the prospect of North Korea (at least before Kim Jong Il's death) was a very frightening thought. Constant aggressive actions against S. Korea... would've escalated badly if they had more capability.

• Because we need to start offshore hosting and thus I am asking your suggestion for better server locations

• Would it be impolite to inquire as to exactly which laws you're wanting to circumvent?

Thanked by 1marrco
  • America is already trying to police the UK, by extraditing people to the US from the UK that haven't broke any laws in the UK, but broke a law in the US, despite never been there.

• Oh, don't worry, you wouldn't be offending me in the slightest :P While I agree completely that maintaining an international presence is fully necessary as part of the political game, the policing of other nations is completely uncalled for.

Although if you watch carefully... the "policing" has been nothing more than disposing of old pawns that have outlasted their value. If you're interested, Saddam and Osama both were contacted employees of the CIA at one point, to get you searching on the right track.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

To throw this thread somewhat back on topic again..

What exactly do you mean with offshore? Offshore as in, not in the Americas, or as in bulletproof?

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • @joepie91 said: What exactly do you mean with offshore? Offshore as in, not in the Americas, or as in bulletproof?

Where you can send your DDOS attacks from possibly?

• @DanielM said: Where you can send your DDOS attacks from possibly?

Or maybe where you think you can get away with copyright infringement, despite the fact that you break copyright treaties and local copyright laws.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

The point is that many people use 'offshore' where they actually mean 'bulletproof'. It tends to derail threads and makes the question too vague to answer (see above).

Hence my request for elaboration :)

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • My 'home country' ceased to exist more than a decade ago.

• laaevlaaev Member

I would recommend http://hostbluff.com/

Thanked by 2Infinity yomero
  • @Aldryic said: My 'home country' ceased to exist more than a decade ago.

Soviet Union?

• @Daniel said: Soviet Union?

Aye, correct.

• I do. But Russia != the old CCCP... too much outside influence. We've also done enough derailing on this thread <_<

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2012

I would actually go far enough to say that Russia != Soviet Union.

(edit: he beat me to it :P )

• I was told the soviet union was really cool.

• "Yes" always sounded like a silly word to me, and 'да' tends to confuse people.

• marinatedmarinated Member
    edited April 2012

Offshore has more or less just become a synonym for evasion of law enforcement, such as offshore banking tax evasion, or piracy "tolerant"/careless states.

Most of you who posted here probably already knew that though, why do you have to give the topic starter such a hard time?

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Ahaha, that was an April fools posted on WHT this year.

• But I want to order!!!

• In Soviet Russia, server bulletproofs you.

• @marinated said: banking tax evasion, or piracy "tolerant"/careless states

Just because its not legal in the United states doesnt meen its illegal everywhere. Remember that.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: In Soviet Russia, server bulletproofs you.

+1 made me chuckle :D