Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soluslabs staff stupid response
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soluslabs staff stupid response

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2014 in General

================================================

SOLVED -> http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/486001/#Comment_486001

================================================

Hello,

I know my English is not perfect,
can anybody let me to know how to write my ticket?
is it really so hard to understand?
Thanks,

Comments

• I've seen some seriously bad responses, and your grasp of the English language is perfectly fine.

One time I asked Versaweb about getting an IP subnet and I got a reply about my current subnet's netmask..

• Cheap labour..

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited February 2014

I could understand your previous reply, can you please explain it a bit more clear

Not sure if he actually understands what's he writing about.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Something better...

• All the bad answers come because of rush, i have one tech's who did it few times, and i asked why, the answer where RUSH, this happens when you rush to get rid of the ticket.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited February 2014

Is Solus being run by Indians now?

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited February 2014

@jmginer said:
    Something better...

Hey, management people are getting good with tech stuffs nowadays okay?

p/s: not sure if he is trolling or what

• @racksx said:
    All the bad answers come because of rush, i have one tech's who did it few times, and i asked why, the answer where RUSH, this happens when you rush to get rid of the ticket.

It happens almost everytime when company hires cheap staff.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

SolusVM price is affordable, I don't think how they will hire a super skilled staff.

Solusvm ticket response is good, I hope they will resolve your issue ASAP.

• In the meantime just backup your SolusVM database (it has a feature to make automated backups and upload them somewhere else). If an admin screws your PowerDNS config - you can restore it. And if you don't trust someone, don't hire him as an admin.

• @rds100 said:
    In the meantime just backup your SolusVM database (it has a feature to make automated backups and upload them somewhere else). If an admin screws your PowerDNS config - you can restore it. And if you don't trust someone, don't hire him as an admin.

I think the issue is with the PowerDNS entries, so better to backup the PowerDNS database too!

Thanks for the recomendations. All is solved (except the solusvm bug).

edited February 2014

So, when something is good, it's good. At the end, nice support.

Not sure if I can post the fix, so, I remove the fix from the image...

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2014

wcypierre said: can you please explain it a bit more clear

Preethi is a girl name,I can 100% assure you that :)

GaNi said: Is Solus being run by Indians now?

Is this any surprising matter when you come to know that most big companies and scientists in NASA are Indians?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/36-of-scientists-at-NASA-are-Indians-Govt-survey/articleshow/2853178.cms

Thanked by 1srvrpro
  • Companies in India that provide products and services are like everywhere else. Some provide outstanding customer service, while others barely have standards. We now have a globalized economy, so I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

I have seen CitiCards and other companies that have outsourced their customer support, so the fact that SolusLabs has done so shouldn't come as a surprise, neither should they be judged for that. Business is though, and everyone likes to pay as little as possible. And they need to make money as well, so a middle of the road solution had to be found.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 2support123 Mark_R
  • marcm said: Some provide outstanding customer service, while others barely have standards.

Yeah marc,It just depends on what the receiving company wants to pay.

• If you don't trust your staff in even basic things like powerdns then you're hiring all the wrong people.

Thanked by 2Amfy Mark_R
    edited February 2014

@INIZ said:
    If you don't trust your staff in even basic things like powerdns then you're hiring all the wrong people.

This is not the case... I explain you:

• I have a customer with a dedicated /24 and he wants declare his own reverses.
    • I have installed a SolusVM master node for him
    • In this SolusVM node I have setup my rdns mysql server details
    • I have created a "rdnsadmin" administrator, with only access to manage his /24

http://bestpic.es/image/1393266058.png

Now, he can setup his own reverses, blocking in his SolusVM panel any other option.

He have not access to the main vpsadmin.

Its a good solution to provide to my customer the option to manage his own reverses and I dont need to setup any extra rdns servers.

If the PowerDNS option is active, he can see and manage my own rdns zones, as we use the same PoweDNS database.

• @jmginer said:
    If the PowerDNS option is active, he can see and manage my own rdns zones, as we use the same PoweDNS database.

I'd be very cautious of providing clients with admin access to the master SolusVM panel. I often see exploits that involve escalating admin privileges.

• Yes, /24 block can be delegated to customer's own name servers.

edited February 2014

@Jack said:
    /24 can be delegated at RIPE?!

Yes, https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/lookup.html?source=ripe&key=116.134.5.in-addr.arpa&type=domain

@fileMEDIA said:
    Yes, /24 block can be delegated to customer's own name servers.

In my case, I prefer use my own nameservers, more simple to manage, and I can setup the same MySQL PowerDNS on many SolusVM masters

• It would be easier to manage if you just had the customer use their own name servers. They can sign up for freedns at dns.he.net which can be used for reverse dns. Easy and now you don't have to worry about them doing things they shouldn't in SolusVM.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • jmginer said: This is not the case... I explain you:

Use something that's actually meant for this.

4.3.2.in-addr.arpa -> poweradmin native zone -> delegate to a dedicated user.

You should not be attempting to use SolusVM for anything but the absolute must; it's a massive hack.

Thanked by 1Maounique