Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Source project looking for sponsors - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Open Source project looking for sponsors

Comments

• Definitely interested. Will get back to your PM. Just been busy.

• Hey guys, jsDelivr is growing and a lot of awesome features are planned.

But I need help with coding and ideas. There is a lot of work to do and I am stuck in some places.

I am thinking to hire a freelancer but its very expensive for me.

So if you want to help an Open Source project then jump in https://github.com/jimaek/jsdelivr/issues?state=open

Thank you all

• Oh and jsdelivr.com is now Pagerank 6 :)

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Have you tried crowdfunding for more growth? Just throwing that out there :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@chauffer said:
    You could consider OVH's €2.99 dedicated

What are the 2.99 dedis? I didn't see them on the kimsufi/ovh pages but those sites are a labyrinth...

• @shovenose Haven't tried that. But I dont think it would be a big success at the moment. The community is not that big right now. Now I am trying to find developers to get involved and help with coding and new features.

• jimaek said: Looks my hosting provider had his IP blacklisted for some reason. The website itself was not hacked and is safe. I will enabled CloudFlare to hide the IP and make sure there are no issues.

Just wanted to know if you use cloudflare your going to get a cdn already u wanna cdn on top of the cdn i guess extra layer of cache but could also mean some extra latancy.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • jsdelivr.com and jsdelivr.net are total differently infrastructures. I had CF on jsdelivr.com but I dont any more. So no worries.

• If your after any more locations. I can offer Brisbane and Sydney Australia along with Jacksonville Florida.

• MaxCDN will open a POP in Australia soon so it wont be necessary. But thank you for the offer :)

Other locations that are missing would be cool though. I am acyually looking into buying an OVH CDN account. Traffic seems cheap enough to pay from my personal funds and it could help with performance.

But I am more interested finding people that can actively participate in further development of the projects. Lots of stuff that needs to be done.

• What are you looking for initially? coders for future development?

• Coders for current development.

There are stuff I cant do myself. Website needs some fixing. API needs feedback. CloudFlare plugin needs a js dev too.

The other main focus is libgrabber for automated updates https://github.com/jsdelivr/libgrabber/issues/1

• Any devs interested to contribute? Just a few stuff I am looking for:

• JS coders for CloudFlare App (simple stuff) and for the website (bugs/optimization).
    • node.js coders for the auto-updating app. Already started but all help is welcomed.
    • PHP coders to improve the website as they see fit.
    • Advanced PHP coders to work on existing WordPress plugin
    • Web designers to port website from Bootstrap 2 to 3.1
    • People with ideas!

Thanks guys

• @jimaek said:
    Any devs interested to contribute? Just a few stuff I am looking for:

• JS coders for CloudFlare App (simple stuff) and for the website (bugs/optimization).
    • node.js coders for the auto-updating app. Already started but all help is welcomed.
    • PHP coders to improve the website as they see fit.
    • Advanced PHP coders to work on existing WordPress plugin
    • Web designers to port website from Bootstrap 2 to 3.1
    • People with ideas!

Thanks guys

You might want to contact cloudflare they sponsored http://cdnjs.com/ so they might be able to help you get a few things done and if your making an app on there platform should that would make them happy.

• @wojons Already talking with them. They dont help with coding but I got some cool stuff planned :)

• Since jsDelivr is now sponsored by 2 CDNs that cover completely USA and most of Europe some sponsored VPSs were removed. Unfortunately the performance of a VPS is not comparable to a POP location of a CDN. The only case is when a VPS is located in a location where there are no POP locations close by, like Kiev and Milano.

I already contacted all the companies and let them know.

The remaining VPS are:

• Leapswitch - Ukraine and Portugal
    • Prometeus - Italy
    • SecureAX - Singapore
    • Jetdino - Jakarta

I want to say a huge thank you to all the companies that supported jsDelivr and offered their services for free.

Also if there are any other providers that have exotic locations that jsDelivr doesn't have feel free to contact me.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2014

@jimaek can you email me on service AT ransomit.com.au please? I can offer you a POP with more than your minimum requirements in Sydney or Adelaide, Australia.

Edit: saw you said Australia wasn't required after I posted... Offer stands if you need more resources in Australia anyway. Feel free to email me if required. :-)

• @Oliver Can you send me an IP or even a jQuery file hosted on one of your VPSs? Adelaide sounds interesting, I just want to make sure there will be a performance bonus. PM me.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Have sent you a PM. :-)

• We are currently looking for a good VPS or Dedi in Russia. There is a lot of traffic so too low-end wont do.

Any other location we are missing would be great too :)

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2014

Interesting project, good luck with its progress. FWIW torqhost.com is in Estonia and universev.com is in Moscow (according to maxmind). Both LEB providers who may be good or bad, but been fine for me.

edis.at has a solid reputation and hosts in Eastern Europe and Russia. http://www.edis.at/en/hosting/local-presence/

• NickMNickM Member

I've heard ok things about VDS6. Pretty sure they have a presence here on LET. They have OpenVZ in Russia if that suits you. If you prefer KVM, they have it in Ukraine if you can wait a week or two to have your Russian server.

• Thanks. I will email them to see if they are interested.

• Moscow is now live thanks to @pnommensen !

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

It seems that you have little PoPs in Asia...

• Yeah, Asia is pretty much covered.

• @Jylee said:
    It seems that you have little PoPs in Asia...

@jimaek said:
    Yeah, Asia is pretty much covered.

That doesn't go along or am I too tired?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I just got it. Yeah, I need some sleep :)

Sorry guys. The CDNs already cover Asia and extra VPSs wont do much. Unless its India or other not so popular locations.

• Btw here are the stats for the VPS I added yesterday in Russia https://hostedmunin.com/munin/pat-ru.jsdelivr.net/