Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Theme in version 11.42 Paper Lantern
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Theme in version 11.42 Paper Lantern

Have you tested the new cPanel theme available in version 11.42 called Paper Lantern ?

As part of 11.42, cPanel & WHM introduces Paper Lantern, a modern, powerful theme. With its simplified design, beautiful icon set, and thoughtful feature names, this edition of Paper Lantern is only the beginning.

Demo : http://go.cpanel.net/paperlantern
more info at : http://releases.cpanel.net/

Please submit your reviews :) thanks a lot.

Comments

• It does look nice. Its been more than a year since I last touched cPanel though, and this theme did not feel like cPanel. IMO, their theme was what set them apart.

• Finally, cPanel using bootstrap in their theme. #bootstrapeverywhere. :)

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @dhamaniasad said:
    It does look nice. Its been more than a year since I last touched cPanel though, and this theme did not feel like cPanel. IMO, their theme was what set them apart.

They also have X4 theme which is still long time away from real production.

• SanderSander Member
    edited February 2014

Looks better.. It seems i don't need to search customized themes anymore :P

• @Sander said:
    Looks better.. It seems i don't need to search customized themes anymore :P

i Think this can easy be customized as you desire, but me i still wait for X4 to be ready :)

For long time cPanel did nothing else for design just keep the default theme for years now, and what can i say WHM Theme the same for years and continue to be the same :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Absolutely love it.

• SanderSander Member
    edited February 2014

@racksx said:
    For long time cPanel did nothing else for design just keep the default theme for years now, and what can i say WHM Theme the same for years and continue to be the same :)

I hope they'll make difference.. Cause new panels and new websites looking modern and elegant. Old ''x3'' default template is not modern IMO :)

• This looks good but they need to make it responsive. Also bootstrap ftw

• I honestly prefer the current theme.

• all major designs are following the new clean and 2d style design... Quite different from what we all usage..

• Looks like someone's first ever website

• Looks like ported version of x3.

• x3 modals
    • x3 errors
    • x3 buttons

Well, not good at all.

• Looks cool and it's about time, but why the fuck are the icons (still) jpg, they look horrible?

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited February 2014

Not a big fan of this at all, even the previous ones (root, to be specific - which all are [?] based on) looks better.

But a step in the Bootstrap direction is at least a start.

• LeeLee Veteran

Bootstrap has grown on me and I really quite like it but probably because I have learnt how to customize it beyond the standard.

This though, it's like a bad example of how not to use bootstrap. Really don't like it.

• I like the icons, they have a nice scheme going with those. I also enjoy the overall color scheme of the whole design. The only thing I don't like about the theme is that "News" section which is just.. meh. I also don't like the fact of how "open" it is, I like the old cPanel themes where the icons were inside of a box. Also, it would be nice if they had different colors too, (i.e. Black, Blue, Gray, etc).

Overall, it's a nice theme and I wouldn't mind using it, but will that redo the file manager theme.. it's just.. ugly.

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

It 'feels' less cluttered, but I still prefer x3

• JonathanZhangJonathanZhang Member
    edited February 2014

Everything's flat #moreflat :)

P.S. in HTML source:

• I personally don't like this theme. There is still a lot of scope. They simply integrated default bootstrap theme and added a icon pack. It is not even responsive.

Big fan of their support team but they might wanna hire better designers.

• The icons are to big in my opinion. I also a fan of color and not the bland white.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@Zen

Leave Britney alone!

Thanked by 1Zen
  • Personally, I don't like it. To much white and the icons are to big.

• @Justin_G said:
    Personally, I don't like it. To much white and the icons are to big.

Maybe this is what we need to see bigger !!! :)

• Finally a new look to CPanel i personally like the basic updated theme

• looks large to me...