Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone selling their BuyVM 128MB KVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone selling their BuyVM 128MB KVM?

AsimAsim Member
edited March 2012 in Help

Thrice and I could not get hands on KVM (now I know its sold out and will not be restocked) so anyone dropping their 128MB KVM plans? Yes, I am a verified customer of BuyVM

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

We're looking at ordering a bunch more KVM nodes so we'll have a stash then if we do :P

I'll know this week.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Asim
  • AsimAsim Member

@Francisco thanks, sometimes I regret the day I let my KVM yearly plan go :(

@Asim said: @Francisco thanks, sometimes I regret the day I let my KVM yearly plan go :(

Should make sure you don't let go of your storage plan(s) then ;)

Francisco

• AsimAsim Member

I am trying but the CC issue is killing me

• Switching countries didn't let you bypass?

• @Asim: I have one on the offer, will PM you the details...

• tuxtux Member
    edited March 2012

@Francisco said: Should make sure you don't let go of your storage plan(s) then ;)

@Francisco When you put storage plans to stock?

• AsimAsim Member

@zhuanyi replied

• AsimAsim Member

Waiting for @Francisco to get the new hardware and restock plenty of KVMs (for at least enabling me to get one)

• fanfan Veteran

@Asim said: Waiting for @Francisco to get the new hardware and restock plenty of KVMs (for at least enabling me to get one)

Same here, looks like April 1st is the big day?

Thanked by 2netomx Infinity
  • AsimAsim Member

So? April 1st came and went but no yearly stock since BuyVM is still putting together new hardware for the new nodes

Anyone selling their BuyVM KVM yearly?

@fan said: Same here, looks like April 1st is the big day?

Workin' at it :)

Waiting on some new switches since we're topped out of switch ports. I didn't even know we were until Matt let me know.

Francisco

Thanked by 1OneTwo
  • @Francisco said: I didn't even know we were until Matt let me know.

There is this really cool tool, called pencil and paper, for tracking which servers are plugged into which switch and port. I use the upgraded spreadsheet version myself.

• @miTgiB said: for tracking which servers are plugged into which switch and port. I use the upgraded spreadsheet version myself.

My partner still has difficulties with this concept.. you'd think it would be simple.

• @miTgiB said: There is this really cool tool, called pencil and paper, for tracking which servers are plugged into which switch and port. I use the upgraded spreadsheet version myself.

I use a plain text file myself, but the other options should work too :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@miTgiB said: There is this really cool tool, called pencil and paper, for tracking which servers are plugged into which switch and port. I use the upgraded spreadsheet version myself.

this is the best argument I had ever read. I will use it on my office haha

• No no, EXCEL files need to be used, and that on a Mac - Welcome in my world :D
    P.S.: Openoffice is crap :(

@William said: P.S.: Openoffice is crap :(

I absolutely, disagree. I love it, just some weird things it has, but it has all the functionality of the Microsoft one.

edited April 2012

@miTgiB said: There is this really cool tool, called pencil and paper, for tracking which servers are plugged into which switch and port. I use the upgraded spreadsheet version myself.

True, but we also lost track of what new things we've added. Our inventory system isn't the best thing around, that's why Karen & @Aldryic have reworked that :P

Originally when we got the dells they were fine since we didn't plan to offer KVM. Now that we have, we ran out of ports fast. I got some new switches for a great price so the Dell's are going up on ebay once they're in.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Dell's are going up on ebay

/me waits for pps flooding to resume

@Francisco said: Dell's are going up on ebay once they're in.

Specs? Maybe you dont need to put them on feebay

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited April 2012

@netomx said: Specs?

Dell PowerConnect 5324's, best switches he'll ever own :P

@miTgiB said: Dell PowerConnect 5324's, best switches he'll ever own :P

Nope, the next ones have 10Gbit ports on them, nice force10 ones. The dell's are nice but we simply don't have the ports we need. We could get some more and stack them with LACP groups but then we're wasting that power.

Francisco

• Hey, would Hostigation work too? I found their plans pretty interesting and they do have stocks in west coast location now.

• @Francisco said: nice force10 ones.

Cheap Dell hack on a good Cisco :( See if you can load a real IOS load on it, I'd be interested

@miTgiB said: Cheap Dell hack on a good Cisco :( See if you can load a real IOS load on it, I'd be interested

Dell bought force10 just recent, they were pretty bitchin' before hand from everything i've read. I can't get the newest OS, but for layer2 stuff we don't need it.

But, they have proper buffer controls, buffer profiles, 10gbit options and the likes.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: they were pretty bitchin' before hand from everything i've read.

Force10 is rebranded Cisco, they are excellent, but can be better if you can load IOS on it. Or even CatOS

@miTgiB said: Force10 is rebranded Cisco

Hm? I thought it was just made by a bunch of ex engineers? I'll see what options are possible, but I suspect it'll only be able to take FTOS or whatever they call it.

For < $200/ea, I can't complain :)

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: True, but we also lost track of what new things we've added. Our inventory system isn't the best thing around,

This is a critical discipline, often overlooked.

You would be amazed at how awful big companies are at managing their inventory.

My employer (Fortune 500) uses spreadsheets. And I swear to god I spent at least 500 hours a year re-auditing software licenses, etc. We're talking millions of dollars.

I at one point had coded a very nice web-based Postgres-backed database system that auto-inventoried every night, tracked config changes, etc. We outsourced and $BIG_GLOBAL_OUTSOURCER reduced us back to spreadsheets.

@raindog308 said: This is a critical discipline, often overlooked.

S'why Karen will be handling all IN/OUT's for the company :)

She gets all of the tracking numbers so she'll know exactly.

Francisco