Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers using WebMoney
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers using WebMoney

Hi there everyone,
I get asked to use webmoney for purchases all the time and have now allowed it on certain locations I cater for.
But 99% of the time when I see offers on LE* nobody has webmoney as a gateway. (Although whmcs doesn't have a free plugin for it as far as I am aware)
And no I'm not actually looking for a host currently, just curious.

Was wondering if anyone actually knew of any that accept webmoney
And even skrill for that matter.

Comments

• http://host1plus.com - you can pay moneybookers or webmoney.

• Webmoney is popular only in Russian speaking countries and that's the only reason why it's not used widely in LE*.

• Not just that, but the procedure for opening a webmoney account seems to be very complicated, compared to for instance opening a paypal account.

• @alexvolk said:
    Webmoney is popular only in Russian speaking countries and that's the only reason why it's not used widely in LE*.

Although they have English translations, they do have a half decent platform that they are working.. (Although getting a verified "passport" can be a pain)

And out of 12 customers paying with webmoney only 2 are from any Russian speaking countries.
    I have found most customers (just that I have) are using webmoney from Germany.

• @rds100 said:
    Not just that, but the procedure for opening a webmoney account seems to be very complicated, compared to for instance opening a paypal account.

So been at that point, would have less room for scammers technically.
    Bad point is, they offer loans..
    I don't know what would happen if someone was to get a loan, pay an invoice and then not pay it back.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited January 2014

@rds100 said:
    Not just that, but the procedure for opening a webmoney account seems to be very complicated, compared to for instance opening a paypal account.

@AutoSnipe said:
    Although getting a verified "passport" can be a pain

If it's a business account then it's not complicated.

https://processing.webmoney.ru/

Thanked by 1rds100
  • ngstargatengstargate Member
    edited January 2014

www.primahost.info - Webmoney, PayPal, Skrill, Credit Card.

• @ngstargate said:
    www.primahost.info - Webmoney, PayPal, Skrill, Credit Card.

Are you verified webmoney merchant ?

edited January 2014

@alexvolk said: Are you verified webmoney merchant ?

Yes. Without verificationt is not possible to accept payments.

• @ngstargate said:
    Yes. Without verificationt is not possible to accept payments.

Not really, why are you lying ?

This is your formal passport:
    https://passport.wmtransfer.com/asp/CertView.asp?wmid=389009615205

and this is verified merchant:
    https://passport.wmtransfer.com/asp/certview.asp?wmid=209231799487

You see the difference ?

edited January 2014
    Limits for payments acceptance via Web Merchant Interface

System participants with a formal passport can automate funds acceptance
    from clients while using Merchant WebMoney Transfer service interfaces
    in limited mode. It is necessary for formal passport to have verified
    mobile phone number and uploaded and verified copy of your ID or TIN
    in it (not necessary for passports of higher levels).

• WebMoney is great. We never had problems with them and they are always trying to help. There a lot of documents required to become WebMoney merchant I agree.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    I get asked to use webmoney for purchases all the time and have now allowed it on certain locations I cater for.
    But 99% of the time when I see offers on LE* nobody has webmoney as a gateway. (Although whmcs doesn't have a free plugin for it as far as I am aware)
    Was wondering if anyone actually knew of any that accept webmoney

you can have an overview (maybe non-exhaustive) from here:
    megastock.ru/Resources.aspx?gid=11
    Outside russosphere, I did rent a couple years ago from nqhost.com. I can also think of vds6.net besides primahost.info and there's a bunch others similar with websites in Europe and few in USA. I use webmoney as a customer for vps, dedis, mobile phone refills.
    Transactions are definitives, no chargeback. It's quite secure. It's also politically neutral and provides more privacy than Visa/PayPal and such, because your personal data (needed for any practical use, because safety) isn't kept and shared in the business/political ecosystem of Visa/Paypal/USA, etc.

• VDS6VDS6 Member
    edited January 2014

We have been accepting Webmoney from the start with no issue and still accept it. It's secure and brings 0 fraud. But it also brings a lot of spam, malware, cracking/hacking, botnets individuals/orders to your doors. So once you accept it, make sure to know who you open your doors to, cause your whole IP subnets might get spamhaus listed one day.

• It is zero fraud but a tons of criminal customers :) All around the world criminal hosting customers just love WebMoney.