Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Special 60% discount recurring for LET users on VZ1 plan and 50% on other plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Special 60% discount recurring for LET users on VZ1 plan and 50% on other plans

prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
edited March 2012 in Offers

IperWeb.COM, a brand of Prometeus.com, since 1997 is focused solely on high-quality, high-reliability web services and professional consulting. Our network and servers are tuned specifically for maximum performance, and our policies ensure that we remain as efficient as possible.

We are located in Milan, Italy and have 5 racks colocated in the largest campus/internet exchange of Italy. We have our Provider Independent Ip (from RIPE) and do BGP with our Autonomous System Number (AS34971) and a total bandwidth capacity of 10Gb.

This plan is for lowendtalk users and you can get one (only 1 order per client) with 60% off recurring using the code LET60REC

Plan: VZ1
CPU: 1 Core
RAM: 192MB
VSwap: 192MB
Hard Disk: 8GB
IP addresses: 1
Dedicated internet bandwidth: 512 GB
Distribution: debian, ubuntu or centos
Control Panel: SolusVM
Virtualization: OpenVZ
Type: Unmanaged

Regular Price: €2.90 | $3.75 / monthly
Discounted price using the code LET60REC: €1.16 | $1.50

Regular Price: €29.00 | $37.50 / annually
Discounted price using the code LET60REC: €11.6 | $15.00

For a limited time you can get a 50% discount for life on the following packages using the promotional code VM50REC

Plan: VZ5
CPU: 2 Core
RAM: 512MB
VSwap: 512MB
Hard Disk: 20GB
Dedicated internet bandwidth: 3000 GB
Distribution: debian or centos
Regular Price: €5.50 | $6.90 / monthly
Discounted price using the code VM50REC: €2.75 | $3.45

Plan: VZ7
CPU: 4 Core
RAM: 1024MB
VSwap: 512MB
Hard Disk: 30GB
Dedicated internet bandwidth: 4000 GB
Distribution: debian or centos
Regular Price: €8.90 | $11.50 / monthly
Discounted price using the code VM50REC: €4.45 | $5.75

You can order here:
https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=7

The only accepted payment method is Paypal. Provisioning is automatic once the payment is completed.

We are located in Italy, Milan.

*** Download test can be run with the following urls ***

http://mirrors.prometeus.net/test/test10.bin
http://mirrors.prometeus.net/test/test100.bin
http://iperweb.net/test/test10.bin
http://iperweb.net/test/test100.bin

194.14.179.254 and 195.88.4.7 can be used for network tests.

No IPv6 for now, we already got our PI /48 but haven't deployed it.

This should be all. If you need more info ask, PM, or open a ticket.

Thanks

S.

Thanked by 2LES xonion

Comments

• do you have an ETA on those IPv6? Months, a year or 'someday'?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I would say one month, but the "IPv6: things to do" list keep growing every day and I need to coordinate the ipv6 introduction for two companies :(

Anyway this will be our net
    2001:67c:80::/48

Thanked by 1Gallus
  • Make a route object for that /48, then you can BGP announce it to he.net through a tunnel and have it routed, so you can begin implementing and testing your ipv6 even before you get the native transit.

• iKockaiKocka Member
    edited March 2012

Can you post the output of the following commands here please?

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

@iKocka said: Can you post the output of the following commands here please?

from the node :

cat /proc/cpuinfo

48 core of this

processor       : 47
    vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family      : 16
    model           : 9
    model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6176
    stepping        : 1
    cpu MHz         : 2300.278
    cache size      : 512 KB
    physical id     : 1
    siblings        : 12
    core id         : 5
    cpu cores       : 12
    apicid          : 27
    initial apicid  : 27
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 5
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc extd_apicid amd_dcm pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save pausefilter
    bogomips        : 4600.06
    TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

[root@pm14 dump]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1,1 GB) copied, 6,63977 s, 162 MB/s

@rds100 said: Make a route object for that /48, then you can BGP announce it to he.net through a tunnel and have it routed, so you can begin implementing and testing your ipv6 even before you get the native transit.

The fact is that I'm the CTO also of the upstream so IPv6 NEED to be deployed :)

We (at the colo/telco company) give transit to a lot of client and the demand for IPv6 is raising...

• Note that the VM50REC promo code is refused for annual billing of the VZ5 plan. It is accepted for monthly billing only.

• I wanted to put in a good word for Sal's VZ offerings and include some benchmarks. I've been using his VZ5 for a few days and everything has been great, including the support. When I had problems upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 on it, Sal had a new template debugged and set up in less than 6 hours from ticket opening :)

Geekbench score: 3719
    This was the 2nd run, first was 3723, so practically no variance.

The standard dd test:

root@fire:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 12.8098 s, 83.8 MB/s

I know @prometeus has mentioned before about how the "disk" is on a SAN, so sequential writes may not be the best benchmark. So, here's the ioping:

--- / (simfs /vz/private/206) ioping statistics ---
    50 requests completed in 49032.8 ms, 2017 iops, 7.9 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.3/0.5/6.6/0.9 ms

And for the disk benchmark fanatics, here's a bonnie++ test with default parameters:

root@fire:~# bonnie++ -u root -yp
    Version  1.96       ------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input- --Random-
    Concurrency   1     -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block-- --Seeks--
    Machine        Size K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP  /sec %CP
    fire             1G   522  84 85273  21 93110  21  2690  96 1970618  99  6579  71 
    Latency             20872us    1519ms     650ms    4196us     423us   44156us
    Version  1.96       ------Sequential Create------ --------Random Create--------
    fire                -Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- -Create-- --Read--- -Delete--
                  files  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP
                     16  7021  17 +++++ +++  1998   4 5339  14 +++++ +++  9987  23
    Latency               518us    1515us    1019us    1944us      78us     419us

The -yp option in the command line syncs before each test, which is the closest to conv=fdatasync behavior. I've bolded the important numbers: block writes at 85 MB/s are about the dd figure; block reads are at 195 MB/s, and random file creation (16384 files, 0 bytes each) ran at 5339 files/sec.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @swsnyder said: Note that the VM50REC promo code is refused for annual billing of the VZ5 plan. It is accepted for monthly billing only.

I think @prometeus stated in an earlier thread (either here or on WHT) that the code applied only to monthly. If it applied to yearly that would be fantastic ;)

@swsnyder said: the VM50REC promo code is refused for annual billing

Yup :)

The annual is already discounted...

@quirkyquark said: I wanted to put in a good word for Sal's VZ offerings

• VMVPSVMVPS Member

Listed in my blog. ;)

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited March 2012

@VMVPS said: Listed in my blog. ;)

That is pretty rude considering the coupon is intended for LowEndTalk users and
    you don't even mention LowEndTalk, you just rip the content and coupons.

Thanked by 2Aldryic NanoG6
  • upfreakupfreak Member
    edited March 2012

my first italian vps ;) VZ1 Plan @ $1.5/m

CPU model :  AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6176
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2300.278 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 192 MB
    Total amount of swap : 192 MB
    System uptime :   26 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 83.9MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 2.96MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 3.58MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.87MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 37.6MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 66.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.00MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.45MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 11.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 9.08MB/s
    I/O speed :  135 MB/s

• If only it was Xen would be a awesome deal then

I'm still indecise about the next lowend offer. I've a few RHEV paid support license I could use to build a small KVM cluster destined to low end (including affordable windows spla license) but i need to write a whmcs module (at least for minimal provisioning functions) because when I started doing things manually (as we do for our "offline " high end clients) it was a pita....
    The other option is to stick with solusvm and what it can do... What is the better option for solusvm: xen or kvm?

• [A geekbench for what seems to be the node hosting the LEB special VPSs] ( http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/594420) :

Processor             AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6176 @ 2.30 GHz
                            1 Processor, 12 Cores

Benchmark Summary
      Integer Score              1969 |||||||
      Floating Point Score       3791 |||||||||||||||
      Memory Score               1748 ||||||
      Stream Score               1669 ||||||

Geekbench Score            2532 ||||||||||

Very respectable for a one-core LEB...

@prometeus said: The other option is to stick with solusvm and what it can do... What is the better option for solusvm: xen or kvm?

I have used SolusVM with VPSs on Xen-HVM, Xen-PV and KVM. HVM/KVM are similar, you get the VNC viewer and you install from ISO. Xen-PV is much like OVZ, templates, etc. and serial console. I think Xen-PV is the easiest to use (=less tickets for you :)

Thanks for the bench (the box is a quad socket 12 core, so should have enough power for everyone) .

Xen pv was (and still is) my love several years ago and I use it when I need to virtualize on the fly. So i know it very well (i run it on my experiment load box some of you got for free) but people ask for iso installation so i need to choose between kvm and hvm xen... :)

• It wasnt windows where the problem is. its openvpn-as

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Haha, you are moving fast, arent you :P
    Here is my chance for another...
    M

Bah, I copied and pasted the wrong code, then when i applied the correct one, the OS changed back to centos even tho I wanted Debian 6 without me seeing it...
    I hope there is a way to change back, I really dont like centos 5.
    M

• @prometeus said: Xen pv was (and still is) my love several years ago and I use it when I need to virtualize on the fly.

Me too, me too! Some people dislike OpenVZ, some other people prefer KVM or Xen-HVM above anything but no one, well almost no one dislike Xen-PV.

@Maounique said: I wanted Debian 6

Changed that, and also your password because I discovered there is a bug in whmcs/soluswm when you use some (#$,< etc) chars in your password... Need to modify the template for that.

@Spirit said: almost no one dislike Xen-PV

It seems I need to setup at least one node for you :)

@prometeus said: Changed that

@prometeus said: I discovered there is a bug in whmcs/soluswm when you use some (#$,< etc) chars in your password

Hum, maybe that particular version because I kept using those chars and didnt have problems, at least none that I am aware of.
    M

@Maounique said: Hum, maybe that particular version because I kept using those chars and didnt have problems, at least none that I am aware of.

Today it happened two time, one client was also unlucky because she opened a ticket but for 12 hours we had a lot of false positive spam (including our tickets) and I didn't notice it until I checked in in the whmcs interface :(

Need to investigate more.

• bobbybobby Member

Seems top notch on all levels, asked to switch to annually after a day's usage.

• @bobby said: asked to switch to annually after a day's usage.

been thinking the same. ;)

• AsimAsim Member

@peppr what bash script are you using?