Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[ServerBear][DelimiterVPS] HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB - $30/mo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[ServerBear][DelimiterVPS] HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB - $30/mo

Comments

• @hotsnow said:
    it seems their network in atlanta have global routing issue again now, this issue has happened several times before, ping test from just-ping.com, 100% Packets lost from Global...

Its been going on for an hour or so now i think. I hope it gets resolved I just bought 6 servers there. Luckly i did not finish migrating my application yet and was just working on database sync.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Routes are starting to fill out again now.

• @hotsnow @wojons @jarland - the issue tonight was a router failure that has propagated a load of junk routes across the local network. We're going to be putting some safeguards in place for this. This could only have happened because to the routing changes we have been making to merge the networks. Normally each router's routing announcements is heavily filtered.

Thanked by 1kajak

Cheers for cloudflare and redundancy though! No propagation, no downtime :)

• Hopefully they get it sorted. It seems the routes are working again to the DC but can't ping my server or access ILO still.

• wdqwdq Member

@kajak said:
    Hopefully they get it sorted. It seems the routes are working again to the DC but can't ping my server or access ILO still.

I'm having the same issue. The farthest I can get right now is to 38.88.11.114 which I assume is their router.

• @wdq said:
    I'm having the same issue. The farthest I can get right now is to 38.88.11.114 which I assume is their router.

Yea I am stopping at the same IP.

• The local team are power cycling servers that appear to have crashed, so you should all be back very shortly

• Thanks for the updates @MarkTurner.

Back up and running here, DNS swapped back, no harm no foul :)

• Seems to go up and down on a daily basis.. first time its been more than an hour. Mine's not up.

• @David_P said:
    Seems to go up and down on a daily basis.. first time its been more than an hour. Mine's not up.

mine's still can't reached also

• kajakkajak Member
    edited January 2014

Mine isn't back up yet but I assume they are still power cycling the affected servers. This is the first complete service outage I have had for the service so doesn't seem bad. Outages are bound to happen at some point. Glad they acted quickly.

@David_P said:
    Seems to go up and down on a daily basis.. first time its been more than an hour. Mine's not up.

What seems to be the daily occurrence? When it goes down every other day, is it routing, power, or hardware?

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited January 2014

@jarland said:
    What seems to be the daily occurrence? When it goes down every other day, is it routing, power, or hardware?

Routing afaik. iLO goes down all the time on top of that it's always sluggish.. but I think slow is normal for iLO. Haven't enough staying "put" to measure uptime though we'll see.

• @jarland said:

when have issue, it's always routing

• @David_P - thats absolutely incorrect, this year we have had one incident where we had a DDoS which hit that site quite badly for an hour or so.

Looks like most people are back online now, they're checking through any stragglers. Some servers seem to have hard crashed so will be power cycled.

We'll try to post-mortem them properly once everything is resolved.

• wdqwdq Member

My server is back up and running. Thanks for all of the updates.

• Mine is still down guess I am one of the unlucky ones to hard crash. :(

• @MarkTurner said:
    David_P - thats absolutely incorrect, this year we have had one incident where we had a DDoS which hit that site quite badly for an hour or so.

Looks like most people are back online now, they're checking through any stragglers. Some servers seem to have hard crashed so will be power cycled.

We'll try to post-mortem them properly once everything is resolved.

Hey,

I'm not bashing you guys or anything, but the slowish iLO and occasional blimps aren't normal right? I can deal with it perfectly fine no biggie.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@kajak said:
    Mine is still down guess I am one of the unlucky ones to hard crash. :(

Mine too, even can't ping the ip of iLO :(

@David_P said:
    I'm not bashing you guys or anything, but the slowish iLO and occasional blimps aren't normal right? I can deal with it perfectly fine no biggie.

Throw some traceroutes out next time you notice it, helps to compile info to share here :)

• mine still is not up, logged a ticket 2 minutes ago and got a reply almost instantly that the support have opened a new ticket towards the DC to investigate for me... so yea, hopefully it will be up soon.

• all the 62 ips in the same subnet with me are still can't reached, except the gateway, so it perhaps the issue of the whole racks

• @hotsnow - the IPs are not tied to the rack location, they are tied to the asset number

• i believe my ip is one of the 62 ips mentioned by @hotsnow

• @dobuz said:
    i believe my ip is one of the 62 ips mentioned by hotsnow

I believe mine is also. Been over 4 hours now.

@dobuz any further replies from support?

• @DigitalDuke - open a ticket so they know you are still having issues.

• @DigitalDuke said:
    I believe mine is also. Been over 4 hours now

Yeah - mine is still down as well for about the same time period. Just opened a ticket so there's record, at least.

• @DigitalDuke said:
    dobuz any further replies from support?

No reply yet since they last opened a ticket to DC.