Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WitsBits Virtualization
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WitsBits Virtualization

http://witsbits.com/

Anyone have experience with this? :) Looks pretty cool.. I think it's KVM?

Comments

• buggy and offers limited capabilities from the frontend, but cool project, tried it out some time ago.

• That pricing...

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @concerto49 said:
    That pricing...

Almost beats OnApp, on pricing.

Beats OnApp out of the park on features.

At least WitsBits supports backups...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Haven't used it but I hear they gave some incredible licensing deals in the early days, next to nothing one time for unlimited servers I believe it was. Seems like everyone that hopped on it is still sitting on it though, not quite trusting it for production, or at least not very vocal about it.

• edited January 2014

It does look overly fancy and not something production ready...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

MitchellRobert said: It does look overly fancy and not something production ready...

This has been my annoyance with the industry for quite some time. It's become instinct for us to assume that if it's pretty it's not production, because it's usually true. Designers and engineers...work together my friends!

• edited January 2014

@jarland said:
    This has been my annoyance with the industry for quite some time. It's become instinct for us to assume that if it's pretty it's not production, because it's usually true. Designers and engineers...work together my friends!

Something well-engineered can look fancy, but when all I say is fancy and 0 intuitive design aspects I know enough usually...

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

What hypervisor are you using?

The LIVEvisor virtual machine monitor is KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine).