Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocrossing Visit - The "I'm over the cold I got at the airport" story.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocrossing Visit - The "I'm over the cold I got at the airport" story.

I'm going to preface this by saying you never really can know a group of people until you meet them close up.

Colocrossing is a vibrant company complete with it's ups and downs... I suppose from the outside you can't really speculate on the culture because... the culture is hidden away behind the veil of "professionalism". But once you take away the hold button, get really behind the scenes so to speak, you hear the joking, the laughing, the somber, the bold, the beautiful, and the enemies (btw, CC employees don't fall for social engineering... and not for lack of people trying... just putting that out there).

Within that culture, as a semi-outside observer, you can really see who's resepected, who it's cool to be chill with, who likes what music, who has what expertise, who's easy to draw out with the temptation of pizza, et cetera. One of the overriding themes is nostalgia... I've been compared to various others a lot... both in my antics and who, provided the official decision is to hire me, I'd be taking the same role as.

On the way was my first plane ride... guy next to me was all frantic and crying about the turbulence (he was military)... I was just like 'chill bro'. To be fair, it was helping with the stiffness that was causing pain in my tailbone area... Went thru philly on the inbound trip (I get the feeling I annoyed Jon a touch... but I thought it be better that he's in the know about why the plane says it's landed in buffalo and I'm still in philly). I gotta say... smashburger frie's are not the best idea... them things are GREASY. They're OH SO GOOD though. On the way back I passed thru washington dc, got a large iced coffee and a half dozen doughnuts (hey, I haven't seen a dunken doughnuts location in years...). Also, at 5 guys... it's not a good idea to get everything on your burger... I had my bag bottom out...

I think one thing I'm going to miss is Carribou Coffee... it's always nice to walk in, order a grande blended northern latte, and just sip it away enjoying it's flavour. They've got tim hortons, but god damn the gas...

Comments

• Nice adventure man.The way you written it looks very interesting.

• said: They've got tim hortons, but god damn the gas...

They have Tim Hortons in Buffalo??!?

• joereidjoereid Member
    edited January 2014

@nunim said:

In Rochester too, about 70 miles east

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Rallias so based on the rumour mill I assume the people the collected you and work at CC look a lot like this?

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • Of course they joke around and are friendly, they are only human.

• AnthonySmith said: so based on the rumour mill I assume the people the collected you and work at CC look a lot like this?

Maybe in a cosplayers costume.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Jeffrey said:
    they are only human.

How do you know? :P

• Tenshi_420Tenshi_420 Member
    edited January 2014

@Jeffrey said:
    Of course they joke around and are friendly, they are only human.

You have not had many jobs have you to truly believe that? (hehe)

Come at my job. Where your future purchase is a shotgun or a rope to hang your self from the over dramatic weirdos who not are just employees but employers as well :/

• What, no pictures?

• Very nice and interesting read

• said: Within that culture, as a semi-outside observer, you can really see who's resepected, who it's cool to be chill with, who likes what music, who has what expertise, who's easy to draw out with the temptation of pizza, et cetera. One of the overriding themes is nostalgia... I've been compared to various others a lot... both in my antics and who, provided the official decision is to hire me, I'd be taking the same role as.

Could you please elaborate this? Who they are, how are they doing etc. This might help as some of us just hear stories, but you know first hand how are things going up there.

• How was the place you stayed at? :) sharee

• This is interesting :).. how is it going in that place you are staying?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Tenshi_420 said:
    Come at my job. Where your future purchase is a shotgun or a rope to hang your self from the over dramatic weirdos who not are just employees but employers as well :/

thats sad

• Pics is not permitted ;)

• @netomx said:
    thats sad

having good friends/connections makes working a breeze for now. (and 420)