Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPAD Poor Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPAD Poor Support

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited January 2014 in Reviews

URPAD

I bought a VPS from URPAD of 1 GB Ram, 1 Year before. The renewal date is 19 February, 2014.

Day before yesterday, I got My VPS suspended. When I knocked them in ticket, they replied that I might have no Invoice in the last 6 Months. I asked why I will make payment before My Renewal Date. Then, they escalated the ticket to Billing Dept. & never answered.

I again opened a ticket in Support Dept, they told I made huge connection on that node which made their Node unstable which is fully Wrong. Now, I'm still waiting for My VPS to get unsuspended. Their WHMCS Client Area isn't loading. Packet Loss all the time. -_-

Comments

• GVH support lack of knowledge that why I left them few month ago :)

• also the ticket response is very slow though

• Regarding the DNS issues, maybe you should try editing your /etc/resolv.conf, if its empty, maybe thats the problem.

• yeah, GVH have make so many change for their policies due to many complain for the last time promo. maybe @GreenValueHost can help resolve it. But thanks to all the current policies that had been made. The unsuspended fees was making it looks better now.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

dhamaniasad said: Regarding the DNS issues, maybe you should try editing your /etc/resolv.conf, if its empty, maybe thats the problem.

Afaik that won't work on OpenVZ, since it pulls in the resolvers from the VPS config file/what you enter in SolusVM when adding in the IP block

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@dhamaniasad said:
    Regarding the DNS issues, maybe you should try editing your /etc/resolv.conf, if its empty, maybe thats the problem.

Already tried this solution with restarting nscd. Nothing solved.

• mikegmikeg Member
    edited January 2014

said: But, from yesterday, My VPS can't resolve any Domain Name via wget or can't ping any website. Says unknown host google.com

Run these:

edit /etc/resolv.conf

add these lines:

nameserver 8.8.8.8

nameserver 8.8.4.4

close the file. Run this command:

chattr +i /etc/resolve.conf

then run:

service network restart

This should fix it and not allow it to be overwritten again.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Inglar
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@mikeg said:
    This should fix it and not allow it to be overwritten again.

Exactly this.

The OP's thread title is a complete lie that is an attempt to illegally and intentionally slander our company. The OP provided us with a vague description of the issue in the ticket he has submitted to our helpdesk and declined to provide us with any further information and/or a clarification when asked. This means that instead of replying to the ticket when asked for a clarification/additional information, he decided to post this thread on LET to slander our company.

The OP purchased a basic managed/unmanaged VPS that includes support for network and hardware issues ONLY. After reading this thread, it appears that the OP could have solved the issue that he was experiencing ON HIS OWN without our assistance because the issue he was experiencing was NOT a network or hardware issue. Once again I must stress the importance of my point that the OP did NOT provide us with enough information that we needed in the ticket, and ignored our request for clarification. In addition, I must stress the important of the fact that he DID NOT purchase a FULLY MANAGED service and the issue that he was experiencing CAN BE FIXED ON HIS OWN, WITHOUT our support. It is NOT a network or hardware issue.

For the people complaining about us "not having knowledge", it's not that we don't know how to do it, it's that you need to do it on your own because you didn't purchase a fully managed support. If it's a network or hardware based issue, we'll troubleshoot it. Otherwise, you're on your own and I don't really know what else to say. You didn't purchase fully managed, and we're under no obligation to provide you what you didn't purchase. I'm sorry. You can't buy a Honda and expect a Ferrari.

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited January 2014

mikeg said: /etc/resolve.conf

It's /etc/resolv.conf

• @budi1413 said:
    It's /etc/resolv.conf

My aplogies, you have no idea how many times I have made that mistake when typing it out. LET need's shell prediction ;)

@GreenValueHost said:
    For the people complaining about us "not having knowledge", it's not that we don't know how to do it, it's that you need to do it on your own because you didn't purchase a fully managed support. If it's a network or hardware based issue, we'll troubleshoot it. Otherwise, you're on your own and I don't really know what else to say. You didn't purchase fully managed, and we're under no obligation to provide you what you didn't purchase. I'm sorry. You can't buy a Honda and expect a Ferrari.

Nobody's expecting that. But, I don't think a Provider should exclaim on this simple DNS resolving issue like it's a dreaming horse :D

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2014

@ehostlab said:
    Nobody's expecting that. But, I don't think a Provider should exclaim on this simple DNS resolving issue like it's a dreaming horse :D

To be honest if you said "oh my VPS has this issue where I can't ping or access x" and were very vague, I'd act the same way as GVH.

GVH is in the right here.

• @mikeg said:
    My aplogies, you have no idea how many times I have made that mistake when typing it out. LET need's shell prediction ;)

I'l always doing that mistake when i'm starting learning Linux lol. ;)

• URPAD, poor support and service?

Problems with billing system?

What are the news?

The worst server provider ever (after the NEW company - Root Level, FTN Hosting, etc - bought it).

You can find better services here. Get out and be happy.

Thanked by 2myhken LES
  • I would highly appreciate if you would have the slanderous thread title edited because we did nothing wrong and don't deserve this libel.

• +1 for how bad Urpad have gotten. Was one of my favorites, now I will never use them anymore.

@GreenValueHost said:
    I would highly appreciate if you would have the slanderous thread title edited because we did nothing wrong and don't deserve this libel.

Edited ;) There should always be a Good Connection between Provider & Customer :) Doesn't it ?

• ehostlab said: Edited ;) There should always be a Good Connection between Provider & Customer :) Doesn't it ?

That's the spirit of this community.

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    That's the spirit of this community.

Not for URPAd.

• DragonDF said: Not for URPAd.

:P URPAD too :P after they settle things with you :P and you change your signature:P

@vRozenSch00n said:
    :P URPAD too :P after they settle things with you :P and you change your signature:P

I'm just laughing from the time I saw The Signature :D :D :P

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • ehostlab said: I'm just laughing from the time I saw The Signature :D :D :P

At first I thought it was a title for a new thread :P @DragonDF i surely pissed off :P

• I'd like to see this company in my country. I really wanted to spend a good money against it to show this is not the way a company must run in this area.

I believe in USA there are not laws. Maybe for this reason they do this kind of thing. Or maybe they only do this kind of thing with people outside USA.

They are NOT worried about this brand - URPAD. Only bad reviews. As they have others that I can imagine will get out this niche in a short time, they will reap what they have been planting.

• I first reported the packet loss on 01/09/2014 they still haven't sorted it out and I've sent them that many tickets .. I swear they are fucked up..

They have all new staff members apparently one of them types and doesn't read requests EXACTLY like that rubbish staff member Luis..

Typical responses.. these are all from one ticket.. packet loss was so bad couldn't even SSH in..

Dennis R || Staff
    Daniel,

It was due to some abusers who're consumed huge connections and I have already suspended the VPS to make the things stable.

Thanks for your understanding.

Daniel Wood || Client
    And you don't monitor the node because?

Dennis R || Staff
    Daniel,

So that we did suspended the abusive VPS by using logs which we have got from monitoring script.

Daniel Wood || Client
    It was happening for over 6 hours.... and would of continued unless I told you..

Dennis R || Staff
    Daniel,

Nope,We have been monitoring this server for some quit long time as it was randomly getting DDOSed and we found the abuser few hours back and got suspended as well.

I hope you would understand the process now.

Thanks

Daniel Wood || Client
    This isn't resolved... It's happening again... Ffs monitoring it my arse.

Dennis R || Staff
    Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. We will look into this and get back to you soon with an update.

Kindly standby for further updates.

Edward C || Staff
    Daniel,

It was due to some n/w which was happened at DC and it has been fixed now.Please do verify from your end.

Thanks

Daniel Wood || Client
    What in the world is n/w ... Writing abbreviations or short codes isn't very professional... Am I dealing with kids here or something?

Edward C || Staff
    Daniel,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.Actually,N/w means as network in the server environment so that we did reply as n/w.

I hope you can understand what it meant.

Thanks

Daniel Wood || Client
    Still not resolved, happening again,..

Bryan R || Staff
    Daniel,

Sorry for the troubles and we are monitoring our hardware node to do the needful. Please hold on for further updates.

Thanks

Daniel Wood || Client
    Please see attached image. If you were monitoring the node you would of noticed this.. date is 12th due to my timezone being GMT + 10.

Bryan R || Staff
    Hello,

Can you please update us the exact time zone which you want to set? \

Daniel Wood || Client
    Uhh .. what .. I was notifying you of MY time zone .. hence the different times on the image..

Bryan R || Staff
    Daniel,

Is the servers time zone right? Thus we have had the privileges to modify the time zone.Would you like us to change any time zones on your server?

Daniel Wood || Client
    I never asked you to change the damn TIME ZONE! .. read the request! far out man..
    Look at the god damn image and fix the ping issue son BOTH servers.

Me getting pissed off..

Bryan R || Staff
    Hello,

As far as we are checked,The node is running without any abusers and both of your VPSs are running fine as well.Please do double check by checking http://ping.eu/ and update us further on this.

FYI:-

Daniel Wood || Client
    I've got monitoring already set up .. I supplied an image where it clearly states the PING had packet loss again.. this has been happening for few days.. it's not constant happens for a hour or so once a day..
    You said you were monitoring the node .. obvious you would of seen it if you actually were monitoring.

Bryan R || Staff
    Daniel,

I believe this was happened due to some intermittent network issue at the node level but that has alreday been fixed by us Whereas,We do have the monitoring scripts implemented on the node level.Thus I hope it won't be repeated again.

Thanks for your time.

Daniel Wood || Client
    Happening again... Ping is critical...

Sent from my iPhone

Daniel Wood || Client
    Still continuing...

Sent from my iPhone

Daniel Wood || Client
    This has no moved on to BOTH servers again .. my main website is down and so far had 12 emails from clients .. fix your damn servers ... and if you are "monitoring" them you would see that it's also affecting YOUR site..

Daniel Wood || Client
    My VPS's are offline .... Again after massive packet loses...

Daniel Wood || Client
    Still happening.... Are you even going to respond?

Sent from my iPhone

Bryan R || Staff
    Hello,

I'm still working on it. I will update you once we have any further news.

Daniel Wood || Client
    Any news on this? It's been happening for 5 days now.. if you don't fix the issues I will be moving to a provider that can actually provide me with a service...

Just a note on the homepage "We offer 24x7 US based support, 30 minute response times." I haven't been given this. Nor this "We have a premium network with 99.9% uptime guaranteed."...

Daniel Wood || Client
    So did your monitor pick up the massive packet loss you had?

Looks like I'm not the only one - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19938/urpad-poor-support

And BAM no response from the pathectic wankers, worse support I bet CVPS is damn better.

• Here's another one, I asked one simple god damn thing and this idiot doesn't just DO it..

Daniel Wood || Client
    So with the lack of support and poor ping / IO.

I've decided to move one of my servers to a more stable host I would like a backup take of IP

x.x.x.x.x.x

In a format/template I can use with OpenVZ please.

Your service is no longer suitable for me and my needs as I've had that many issues with support.

I will how ever be keeping my backup server here for now.

Dennis R || Staff
    Hello,

So far I haven't seening any issues with our node moreover,Its a new node as only minimum number VPSs residing under the node thus I don't know how does you facing I/O issues.Please do double check and provide some logs related to the issue.so that we can proceed further on this.

Thanks

Daniel Wood || Client
    Please make an OpenVZ image of my VPS and store it on the VPS.

Sent that twice on accident .. hit F5

Dennis R || Staff
    Hello,

Do you need us to tar the VPS datas and copied back to your home folder?

Sends his twice .. probably being the twat he is.

• user123user123 Member
    edited January 2014

I read the OP's post and all replies and I have a question that's not really related, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this question:

Did @GreenValueHost buy @Urpad? If so, I would appreciate some assistance with a support ticket (NYP-470-95556) that I opened 11/12/2013. My last response (dated 11/27/2013) never got any reply, so I replied again (dated 1/10/2014). The ticket is regarding one of my VPSs being functionally unusable (I even tried doing a fresh reinstall, but it still takes forever to login and it cannot even ping; sometimes, I couldn't even SSH in; I'm not sure if the container needs to just be trashed and re-created or if it is just that the node has been getting totally slammed 24/7 since November - either way, it has been unusable the entire time) and the location of all of my VPSs being incorrect since way back when the previous node locations were closed and containers migrated. Thanks :)

• By the looks of it Randal from RLT still owns it... www.rootleveltech.com/products.html

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Looking at the tags greenvaluehost is in there.

Tagged: urpad greenvaluehost slow support response bad service

• UrPad is so terrible.. they always blame the networking or abusers.. I've been moved 3 times in the past month or so and nothing has gotten better..

UrPad logic .. when the customer is having issues with packet loss .. confirm to migrate him to another node .. so fucking stupid..

Yes, but still we didn't get a proper response from you for this and you are keep on complaining us even though we are trying to help you. Please confirm now and we will migrate your VPS's to a stable hardware node including all your VPS data as well.

These morons apparently "monitor their nodes" if they did they would of noticed that UrPad.com was almost unreachable... 75% packet loss must be acceptable for them...