Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGVPS suspended account in spite of *automatic* Paypal payment.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UGVPS suspended account in spite of *automatic* Paypal payment.

VPS service was suspended by UGVPS in spite of the payment being made automatically by Paypal, IN TIME, as part of the bi-annual payment cycle (setup on Paypal itself).

DEC-8

Paypal sent across the transaction details (successful), that USD 19.00 payment had automatically been made to Unique Geek VPS.

DEC-10

First invoice overdue notice by UGVPS

DEC-11

Second invoice overdue notice by UGVPS

DEC-12

Third invoice overdue notice by UGVPS

DEC-12 [Suspension]

"This is a notification that your service has now been suspended."

No response to the support ticket, no restoration of service.
Original domain gone, now they are under ugeekvps.
Things don't seem too stable at this shop.

Not a massive amount alright, but 19 USD gone down the drain. :(

(P.S. - What was all that drama about the family dysfunction in UGVPS' operation? I didn't know it was a family run business. Sorry, I couldn't read up all the information, but does it have to do with shares and entitlements? Family businesses can turn ugly.)

Thanked by 1nethacker42

Comments

• Jack said: Inb4 deleted

Huh?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Their IPN Is probably still set to their old (suspended) domain.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2013

Where have you been the last week?

By the way your $19 is not lost. You can dispute it in Paypal and if nobody from UGVPS bothers to reply to your dispute, paypal will refund it in the end.

• rds100 said: Where have you been the last week?

Travelling :( So totally out of touch with all this for a while. What's the one-line, bs-free, LET synopsis of it all?

• AlexanderM said: Their IPN Is probably still set to their old (suspended) domain.

If it is, then is there a way to get the money back? (And technically, who received the automated payment in that case?)

• @TobyG said:
    Travelling :( So totally out of touch with all this for a while. What's the one-line, bs-free, LET synopsis of it all?

They lost their domain, and haven't set the IPN to the new one, new company barely replies and lots of customers are having similar experiences.

• @TobyG said:
    If it is, then is there a way to get the money back? (And technically, who received the automated payment in that case?)

Open a dispute.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I assume you opened a ticket after payment and before suspension?

Anyway tl;dr version:

Someone pretending to be the owner stole someone's ID, set up the company in his wifes (soon to be ex wife) name, wife found out, claimed the domain redirected it to google, now nothing works, id theif is in a boat load of trouble and the company has all but been abandoned from a support perspective and will probably dead pool within a month.

• TobyG said: Huh?

Sorry, I just had to delete that @Jack ;-)

• @rds100 said:
    You can dispute it in Paypal and if nobody from UGVPS bothers to reply to your dispute, paypal will refund it in the end.

Exactly what I did with ShardHost.

• there is going to be a lot more of these posts popping up. Might as well consider them deadpooled.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I assume you opened a ticket after payment and before suspension?

Anyway tl;dr version:

Someone pretending to be the owner stole someone's ID, set up the company in his wifes (soon to be ex wife) name, wife found out, claimed the domain redirected it to google, now nothing works, id theif is in a boat load of trouble and the company has all but been abandoned from a support perspective and will probably dead pool within a month.

Yep, wife found out, regained control of the domain, started receiving IPN rejection notices, and guess which lying sack of shit's name was on those notices: https://vpsboard.com/topic/1857-ugvps-thomas-dale-crystal-dale-chicagovps/page-10#entry42978

• @DomainBop said:

I was expecting that Crystal would open that email address and get access to the paypal. But yeah, this is sick.

• @DomainBop This is both hilarious and sad at the same time. 2nd level of impersonation and so few care about transparency here on this board! Lets hope that recent revelations will lead to more transparency from now on.

• Their website is now ugvps.net and WHOIS GUARD protection is enabled. Seems sketchy.

• ugeekvps.com invalid SSL

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.ugeekvps.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

www.ugeekvps.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: ugvps.com , www.ugvps.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

If you understand what's going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

ugvps.net invalid SSL

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.ugvps.net, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

www.ugvps.net uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: ugvps.com , www.ugvps.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

If you understand what's going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

• Jack said: @mpkossen come do your job mate.

What job would that be?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

http://whois.domaintools.com/198.23.167.134 (IP address used by UGVPS)

@jbiloh The SWIP contact info for the org on this IP address and all of the IP addresses assigned to UGVPS is invalid. The contact info lists a fake LLC ("Warfront Cafe LLC was never registered as a company in any state) , incorrect street address, a non working phone number, and an invalid email address. Someone might want to fix that...

• Your payment was set to the old/original paypal that was reclaimed to "annoy" Thomas it seems.

• Support seems to have died

http://i.imgur.com/3Xtz30a.png

No reply in almost a day.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

They already deadpooled.

• @netomx said:
    They already deadpooled.

That is very unfortunate. I have over 10 boxes with them running multiple sites.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@imtiax said:

I know, but let me tell you this:

• He hasnt posted anything over the last days, several customers "scammed" bc th payments are going to ugvps instad of ugeeks

Just backup and move along

• @netomx said:
    Just backup and move along

Yep I started backing stuff up a few minutes ago.

I'm switching over to BlueVM. I've had 6 boxes with them for 8 months now and not a single problem.

UGVPS was great while they lasted, I hoarded the $12 / 6 months deal.

Most of my boxes with them are paid for until February 2014 and June 2014.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited December 2013

@netomx said:
    know, but let me tell you this:

He hasnt posted anything over the last days, several customers "scammed" bc th payments are going to ugvps instad of ugeeks

The IPN notices were being sent to ugvps.com which UGVPS no longer controls but UGVPS still had access to the [email protected] PayPal account and were receiving payments into the account so UGVPS were still receiving payments for orders. On Saturday night December 14th when the whole UGVPS thread was blowing up on LET, UGVPS did a transfer of $6800 out of that PayPal account to a bank account in Buffalo . The email notifications for that account were still being sent to a @ugvps.com email so when UGVPS did that last large transfer Crystal received an email notification of the transfer > copy of transfer notification and copy of email showing Chris Fabozzi's name on the UGVPS PayPal notifications

If anyone has any questions about a payment they made to the [email protected] email address they should really address it to the person whose name was on the notifications for that account: CVPS_Chris.

Thanked by 2Infinity MCHPhil