Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now I'm out of the hosting game before I ruined myself...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Now I'm out of the hosting game before I ruined myself...

Shane_ElmoreShane_Elmore Member
edited March 2012 in Offers

I need a cheap VPS for PHP testing. I'd like it to be:

• KVM. Never tried KVM
  • At least 5 or 10GB .... all these KVM servers with 1GB jeez.
  • US location
  • Xen is fine too, KVM is preferred though.

What can you offer me, LET?

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2012

What's your budget? http://www.lowendbox.com/tag/kvm/

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited March 2012

$30/year for a KVM VPS with 10gb disk and 128mb ram:
    https://hostigation.com/?page=KVM

• KairusKairus Member
    edited March 2012

-_- You've opened more threads on LET than I have, and I've been here since October lol.

@DepotVPS_Shane said: At least 5 or 10GB .... all these KVM servers with 1GB jeez.

5 or 10GB what? Ram? HDD? I've never seen anyone offer 1GB hdd space with a KVM server...

Thanked by 1NickP
  • KuroKuro Member

@Kairus said: I've never seen anyone offer 1GB hdd space with a KVM server...

http://en.edis.at/kvm-micro_66_82.htm :)

• flyfly Member

Yeah edis is crazy like that.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited March 2012

Ah, interesting. Still not "all these KVM serves with 1GB jeez"! Most offer a modest amount of space, i.e. hostigation (who I would recommend).

• AmfyAmfy Member

@kbar: Yes, because they're having SAS10.000rpm or SAS15000rpm harddisks. They're expensive but fast

• flyfly Member
    edited March 2012

Yeah I love edis. Fits my needs perfectly. And they have locations everywhere, allows irc, is super fast, and they have like every ISO. In addition their service is amazing. I can see them giving the American hosts a run for their money know that they have a chicago location and whmcs.

• @DepotVPS_Shane can you please explain the title of this thread to me. You gave up?

• KairusKairus Member
    edited March 2012

@Naruto said: @DepotVPS_Shane can you please explain the title of this thread to me. You gave up?

(again).

• AsuraHostingAsuraHosting Member
    edited March 2012

It's sad to see that this guy can't even use LEB to find offers... instead of doing his own research, he's posting threads and making everyone else do the work; it's crazy.

Thanked by 2Amfy JTR
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited March 2012

You were never in the game, and you completely tarnished the DepotVPS name which could have actually been developed as a brand by someone responsible.

Thanked by 1JTR
  • JTRJTR Member

Let's see..."DepotVPS" aka "Shane" has posted 13 threads in the last 9 days.

In comparison, on another forum that I have over 3500 posts on and have been a member of for well over a year and a half, I've posted 29 topics.

Shane has been a member for only 9 days. In that time, he discussed a hosting company, started one, killed it, started it again, killed it again, and is now discussing shared hosting. He also tarnished the reputation of one or two domains that were given to him by another member of LET.

@DepotVPS_Shane, do you see my point? You claim to be 16, and Autistic. Both of those traits are not acceptable excuses for your behavior.

• laaevlaaev Member

Check out LoveVPS and Hostigation

Good luck!

• Please don't leave the hosting game!

Thanked by 1JTR
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member

heh look what I found www.vpsd.net VPS Depot .. looks like someone hacked their site though. Maybe you could sell the domain to them Shane, could help their search traffic so they can climb over your LET threads.

• Hang on. 'Out of the hosting game'?

Your 'Launching DepotVPS' thread was opened on the 17th, and so was this thread.
    Your 'game' lasted 12 hours.

• FFS you guys are vicious. The kid realized that starting a company now isn't the best of ideas, and aborted his plans. How about giving him some props for making the better decision, instead of continuing to join in the hazing, pretty much solely because it's not you in the crosshairs.

There's a difference between jerks and jackasses, and I must say some of you are downright embarrassing. You give legitimate assholes such as myself a bad name.

Thanked by 1Legendlink
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Folks,

Hate the game, not the player.

• @Aldryic said: FFS you guys are vicious. The kid realized that starting a company now isn't the best of ideas, and aborted his plans. How about giving him some props for making the better decision, instead of continuing to join in the hazing, pretty much solely because it's not you in the crosshairs.

I would, but he did this is his second time doing this. He said:

@DepotVPS_Shane said: I'm waiting until I am ready, thanks for the support if any.

After TinyOpenVZ didn't work out. He needs to stop :P

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@DepotVPS_Shane look at the other thread and get in touch with me.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2012

@Aldryic said: How about giving him some props for making the better decision, instead of continuing to join in the hazing, pretty much solely because it's not you in the crosshairs.

Yeah, no kidding. I'd rather that he admit defeat and regroup than trying and sucking at it. Probably the same group of people that crucified @jtodd for "fraud" or "theft" regarding ukcloud, or whatever their claims were.

• @Aldryic said: The kid realized that starting a company now isn't the best of ideas, and aborted his plans.

You mean he changed his plans, right?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/40196#Comment_40196

He's starting a shared hosting company instead.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited March 2012

Now you're arguing semantics, and missing the point of my post. I wasn't throwing in with the kid, I was expressing my embarrassment of the attacking community members that were "criticizing" for the wrong reason.

Nothing wrong with giving helpful advice. But when you start jumping on someone just because others are, especially in a situation where you don't possess the necessary experience to leave a meaningful/helpful contribution, you do nothing but shame the community. ;m

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Aldryic said: But when you start jumping on someone just because others are, especially in a situation where you don't possess the necessary experience to leave a meaningful/helpful contribution, you do nothing but shame the community.

Still the same Aldryic ? :o I think the Equinox exorcised the werewolf at least temporarely :P
    I will check again on the September 22, 10:49 A.M. EDT
    M