Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NetCup Performance Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NetCup Performance Issue

vikiahm3dvikiahm3d Member
edited May 31 in Providers

Hello,

Am i the only lucky one here who is having performance issues with NetCup, for the last few days the performance have gone down like 50%. my woocommerce sites that were flying initially are now crawling. Was so impressed with the speed and performance I ended up buying few of the new Generation dedicated VPS.

Wondering if this is global issue or maybe i am homed with noisy neighbours considering dedicated with advertised dedicated resources this shouldn't be the case.

Comments

• lirrrlirrr Member

wtf, those ain't my dedicated cores

Thanked by 2emgh siemens
  • vikiahm3dvikiahm3d Member

Not the only one than, thank you and yes i should have looked before posting.

• CalmDownCalmDown Member

@online7237 Bought 402 VM's, don't worry, he is mining.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

They ended up putting way to many "dedicated" virtual servers on their nodes.
    The Forum is full of complains, about people wanting to terminate their contract and new costumers going elsewhere.

@Neoon said:
    They ended up putting way to many "dedicated" virtual servers on their nodes.
    The Forum is full of complains, about people wanting to terminate their contract and new costumers going elsewhere.

Sailing the same boat at the minute. all my woocommerce are super slow. Looking for altnernative providers to migrate the sites to else i will be losing business.

• vpn2024vpn2024 Member
    edited May 31

Eventually all ponzis fail, the cores sold simply aren't there, to extend the runway of this ponzi they are temporarily suspending withdrawls seem to employing some type of creative throttling, be interesting to see what support@ says - do ask and let us know please

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited May 31

Automaticly dumb, if buying only from one company and in that high amount.

@vpn2024 said:
    Eventually all ponzis fail, the cores sold simply aren't there, to extend the runaway of this ponzi they are temporarily suspending withdrawls seem to employing some type of creative throttling, be interesting to see what support@ says

still waiting for the support to reply. I guess what you pay is what you get.

Thanked by 1vpn2024
  • Oversell

The most concerning part is that they have zero mechanisms to prevent heavy overbooking.
    They are advertising it as Dedicated CPU but selling it as normal VPS.

@Neoon said:
    The most concerning part is that they have zero mechanisms to prevent heavy overbooking.

I am not sure if that can be used as reason to terminate the contract with them. I am sure no body would want to pay for something which is advertised but not delivered. If this throttling is buried deep down TOS than that's another case. But you don't expect a german company to compromise on quality to allow quantity and i am sure alot of customer have signed up with them for that very reason.

or simply i am naive/stupid to think that would be the case :smiley:

• vpn2024vpn2024 Member
    edited May 31

@vikiahm3d said:

@Neoon said:

I am not sure if that can be used as reason to terminate the contract with them. I am sure no body would want to pay for something which is advertised but not delivered. If this throttling is buried deep down TOS than that's another case. But you don't expect a german company to compromise on quality to allow quantity and i am sure alot of customer have signed up with them for that very reason.

Quite opposite regarding expectation of German companies, basically this scam came out of Germany, popularized by Netcup, PhpFriends/Avoro and Contabo primarily, no one was spinning dedicated cores to mean something else prior to this trio.

• _MS__MS_ Member

Dear Client,

You need to Upgrade to Business Virtual Dedicated Server or Enterprise Virtual Super Dedicated Server.

Don't worry, the performance is guaranteed to be like dedicated cores.

The word "Dedicated" is in those plans for a reason. The whole 10% of a thread is dedicated to you.

Best regards.

• damarnsdamarns Member

@CalmDown said:

Poor crypto miner & troublemaker.

@vikiahm3d said:

@Neoon said:

Well, you likely could get them for false advertising.
    According to the Forums they have seen a 70% ditch in performance.

And they have advertised them as dedicated.
    You have to proof it though.

Set them a deadline to fix that issue, has to be reasonable, if they don't fix it, terminate your contract. You can do so, if for example Netcup breaches their Contract with you, which I would say is the case right now. However I am not a lawyer.

If they don't fix it and they refuse to accept your termination, escalate it.

If you loose money because of this, due to false advertising, you could probably claim that too. However as I said, I am not a lawyer.

Thanked by 1vikiahm3d
  • @CalmDown said:

On the bright side, he exposed the VDS pyramid scam.

• The only issue I see here is that they dont ban miners.

Other than that, where is that @online7237 dumbhead?

• Oversell

• emghemgh Member

@Neoon said:

@vikiahm3d said:

@Neoon said:

Well, you likely could get them for false advertising.
    According to the Forums they have seen a 70% ditch in performance.

And they have advertised them as dedicated.
    You have to proof it though.

Set them a deadline to fix that issue, has to be reasonable, if they don't fix it, terminate your contract. You can do so, if for example Netcup breaches their Contract with you, which I would say is the case right now. However I am not a lawyer.

If they don't fix it and they refuse to accept your termination, escalate it.

If you loose money because of this, due to false advertising, you could probably claim that too. However as I said, I am not a lawyer.

It’s not that weird though, if what you get is a dedicated thread, and before it was fully filled up, you could use the whole core basically, and now, you share it and only get the thread.

• cybertechcybertech Member

@itsdeadjim said:
    The only issue I see here is that they dont ban miners.

he's not online at the moment.

• CalmDownCalmDown Member

@cybertech said:

@itsdeadjim said:
    The only issue I see here is that they dont ban miners.

he's not online at the moment.

He is probably having sex for the first time in his life.

• edited May 31

@OP what's stopping you from migrating to a dedi? Given you are running ecommerce you are probably making money and at 40-50 (30-something if cheap is a major factor) you'll already get a pretty nice box from Hetzner. Maybe about 60 if you want something seriously shiny.

Thanked by 2emgh vikiahm3d
  • edited May 31

@vikiahm3d said:
    I am not sure if that can be used as reason to terminate the contract with them.

I think in theory it should be but chances are they'll disagree and from there on you'd kind of enter unchartered territory as there's a lot of details and technicalities to the whole thing (as discussed in various other threads currently).

But you don't expect a german company to compromise on quality to allow quantity

I think Contabo would like to have a word with you.

• emghemgh Member

@totally_not_banned said:
    @OP what's stopping you from migrating to a dedi? Given you are running ecommerce you are probably making money and at 40-50 (30-something if cheap is a major factor) you'll already get a pretty nice box from Hetzner. Maybe about 60 if you want something seriously shiny.

The EX44 is shiny as it is!!

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • edited May 31

@emgh said:

I have to admit that i'm so fixated on the auction that i usually have no clue what the actual lineup looks like :(

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@emgh said:

I have to admit that i'm so fixated on the auction that i usually have no clue what the actual lineup looks like :(

I actually was too, but when I was comparing what I found I couldn't find any auction server beating the EX44 for my, mainly compute-based, use-case. I didn't care about the setup price though, intended to keep for awhile. If that's disregarded, it's really competitive compared to auctions. I'd love to be proven wrong though for future orders ;)

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ex44/

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Dedicated cores aren't guaranteed performance. People need to understand this before getting out the pitchforks.

Even a server only loaded with only 50% usage can see over a 50% reduction in performance. Some CPUs do better, some do worse. And no, CPU pinning won't change this fact.

Virtualization, RAID, Networking, CPU scheduling and so forth, all of this requires CPU usage and even a significant amount on large nodes.

• emghemgh Member

@labze said: Virtualization, RAID, Networking, CPU scheduling and so forth, all of this requires CPU usage and even a significant amount on large nodes.

By cores, do you mean physical cores or logical cores? I guess that would change to which extent other guests compete for resources, although it will have an impact anyway, of course.

• edited May 31

@emgh said:

@emgh said:

I actually was too, but when I was comparing what I found I couldn't find any auction server beating the EX44 for my, mainly compute-based, use-case. I didn't care about the setup price though, intended to keep for awhile. If that's disregarded, it's really competitive compared to auctions. I'd love to be proven wrong though for future orders ;)

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ex44/

Yeah, (especially) at the lower end the setup cost is usually very well worth it and given the general auction price increase a lot of the smaller boxes are pretty much only worth it when you are after big disks (and 512GB isn't even that small), plan to keep the box only for a short amount of time or absolutely want to squeeze the last Euro.

Thanked by 1emgh