Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› 🇱🇹🇪🇺 MLNL.HOST | Hola, Lithuania! | Unveiling our Newest Destination Powered by Ryzens
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

🇱🇹🇪🇺 MLNL.HOST | Hola, Lithuania! | Unveiling our Newest Destination Powered by Ryzens

jayjayjayjay Member, Patron Provider

Introducing the Millenial Falcon Deal: because why rush into hyperspace when you can take your time and arrive fashionably late to the party? May the fourth be with you... albeit a bit delayed!

After three years of contemplation and a few detours through the asteroid field of indecision, we're finally unleashing our Lithuania VPS plans upon the galaxy. It's like the Star Wars sequel nobody asked for, but here it is anyway. So strap in, grab your lightsaber (or your smartphone, same thing really), and let's embark on this belated journey to a galaxy far, far away... or at least to Lithuania! 🇱🇹

Plans

Falcon 4G:

• 2 vCPU Cores
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 50 GB NVMe
  • Unmetered* Bandwidth (Fair Use)
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 1 x IPv4 Address
  • Full Remote Management
  • Instant Setup
  • DMCA Ignored
  • US$11 / month US$6 / month (US$65/annually, 1 month free!)
  • Order Link

Falcon 6G:

• 4 vCPU Cores
  • 6 GB RAM
  • 75 GB NVMe
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 1 x IPv4 Address
  • Full Remote Management
  • Instant Setup
  • DMCA Ignored
  • US$15 / month US$8 / month (US$82/annually, 2+ months free)
  • Order Link

Falcon 8G:

• 4 vCPU Cores
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 100 GB NVMe
  • 1 Gbit Port
  • 1 x IPv4 Address
  • Full Remote Management
  • Instant Setup
  • DMCA Ignored
  • US$17 / month US$10 / month (US$106/annually, 1 month free!)
  • Order Link

Access all our other plans here.

Note: Port 25 is blocked on all these plans unless specified.

** Unmetered Bandwidth Explained **

Our Lithuanian servers offer Unmetered SHARED bandwidth. Unlike Dedicated bandwidth, it's like an "all you can eat" deal - use as much as you need. We've got this 1 Gbit pool, shared among multiple VMs, allowing bursts up to 1 Gbit each, but hey, the combined usage can't exceed 1 Gbit. We're all about fairness here at MLNL.Host, maintaining balance in the Force of the network. If things get a bit too Death Star trench run, we might have to throttle bandwidth to preserve service quality, but fear not - your VM won't get frozen in carbonite. We'll just adjust the port speed to ensure seamless connectivity for all, because, you know, the Force is strong with us. Rest assured, action is only taken when the dark side threatens. And even if one VM's bandwidth usage is off the charts, if the Force is with us and there's ample network capacity, we'll let it ride, just like Han Solo riding the Kessel Run.

Looking Glass / Speed Tests

Looking Glass: https://lt.lg.mlnl.host
IPv4 Address: 45.125.65.202
Bench / SpeedTest: Located at the bottom of this thread

Addons / Extras

• Additional IPs: US$2/IP
  • Additional RAM: US$1/1 GB
  • BYOIP/BGP: Yes! Create a ticket for more info.

About Us

MLNL.HOST (MillenialHost Limited), founded in 2021 is a UK registered company offering a wide range of services from various locations. It's a company founded by two individuals, who combined, have over 20 years of experience in the hosting world, and have run several hosting companies in the past. The company has grown quickly over the last few years and currently offers services in Hong Kong, UK, The Netherlands, and now Lithuania.

Special Promo: Review us and get a free month!

Once you've tried out our services, drop us a review on TrustPilot. Then, shoot us a support ticket with your review link and snag yourself an extra month on the house. Keep it real, no spam! And remember, one freebie per customer. 🚀

FAQ

Q: Do you accept imperial credits as payment?
A: We only accept New Republic Credits and Calamari Flan. We may also consider Beskar Steel

Q: How fast are the Millenial Falcon VPS?
A: We’ve done the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs!

Q: Do you have any Destroyer Drone or Similar Protection?
A: We are not affiliated with the Hut protection racket.

Q: Do you offer hosting plans for both the light side and the dark side?
A: Absolutely! We have plans for Jedi masters and Sith lords alike. Choose wisely, though, as the dark side tends to come with cookies... and force lightning.

Q: What kind of server would you recommend for a Wookiee?
A: Ones with a lot of bandwidth... You don’t want to see a Wookiee experiencing lag rage.

Q: Are your servers resistant to Jedi mind tricks?
A: Our servers are built with the latest encryption and security measures, so even the most skilled Jedi will find it difficult to bypass.

Q: Do you have a protocol droid for customer support?
A: Yes, but please be patient with C-3PO. He tends to get a little anxious when confronted with too many tech support questions.

Q: Can I host my holographic archives with you?
A: Of course! Our servers are equipped with the latest holographic storage technology. Just be careful not to accidentally project a Sith holocron. That could get messy.

Q: How do you handle DDoS attacks?
A: We have a squadron of X-wing servers ready to intercept and neutralise any incoming threats. Rest assured, your website will stay online, even in the midst of a cyber battle.

Q: What's the uptime guarantee on your hosting plans?
A: Our uptime is as reliable as a hyperdrive on a Corellian freighter. In other words, you'll never have to worry about your website being stuck in a cosmic traffic jam.

Q: Can I upgrade my hosting plan to include a moisture vaporator?
A: Sorry, we don't offer moisture farming services... yet. But we can certainly provide you with enough server space to store all the water you'll ever need.

Q: Do you offer hosting for droids?
A: Absolutely! Our servers are droid-friendly, with compatibility for all major operating systems, including binary load lifters and astromechs.

Q: Is your data center protected by a planetary shield?
A: Our data center is fortified with state-of-the-art security measures, including blast doors, ion cannons, and a team of highly trained security droids. Your data is safer with us than hiding on Alderaan.

Bench / SpeedTest

-------------------- A Bench.sh Script By Teddysun -------------------
    Version            : v2023-10-15
    Usage              : wget -qO- bench.sh | bash
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU Model          : AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
    CPU Cores          : 12 @ 3700.000 MHz
    CPU Cache          : 512 KB
    AES-NI             : ✓ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V         : ✓ Enabled
    Total Disk         : 92.2 GB (24.7 GB Used)
    Total Mem          : 125.3 GB (15.0 GB Used)
    Total Swap         : 15.6 GB (0 Used)
    System uptime      : 11 days, 3 hour 56 min
    Load average       : 0.56, 0.74, 0.76
    OS                 : AlmaLinux release 8.9 (Midnight Oncilla)
    Arch               : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel             : 4.18.0-513.24.1.el8_9.x86_64
    TCP CC             : cubic
    Virtualization     : Dedicated
    IPv4/IPv6          : ✓ Online / ✗ Offline (IPv6 in the works :D )
    Organization       : AS133398 Tele Asia Limited
    Location           : Kaunas / LT
    Region             : Kaunas

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 724.70 MB/s (181.1k) | 2.10 GB/s    (32.9k)
    Write      | 726.61 MB/s (181.6k) | 2.11 GB/s    (33.1k)
    Total      | 1.45 GB/s   (362.8k) | 4.22 GB/s    (66.0k)
              |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 2.67 GB/s     (5.2k) | 3.00 GB/s     (2.9k)
    Write      | 2.81 GB/s     (5.5k) | 3.20 GB/s     (3.1k)
    Total      | 5.48 GB/s    (10.7k) | 6.21 GB/s     (6.0k)

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 2190                          
    Multi Core      | 9283                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/5979085

Europe: 

Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server      

Nearest          1.54 ms     0.0%    941.53 Mbps    940.51 Mbps    INIT - Vilnius 
    Manchester, UK   44.11 ms    N/A     935.88 Mbps    941.33 Mbps    Vodafone UK - Manchester 
    Dublin, IE       40.41 ms    0.0%    938.22 Mbps    941.14 Mbps    Three Ireland - Dublin 
    Amsterdam, NL    27.42 ms    0.0%    940.55 Mbps    935.36 Mbps    Melbicom - Amsterdam 
    Paris, FR        38.61 ms    N/A     937.26 Mbps    925.75 Mbps    ORANGE FRANCE - Paris 
    Madrid, ES       52.45 ms    0.0%    936.45 Mbps    928.83 Mbps    Orange - Madrid 
    Lisbon, PT       59.35 ms    0.0%    938.25 Mbps    933.65 Mbps    Edgoo Networks - Lisbon 
    Milan, IT        32.10 ms    0.0%    947.75 Mbps    941.35 Mbps    Fastweb SpA - Milan 
    Zurich, CH       36.12 ms    0.0%    943.81 Mbps    929.39 Mbps    Sunrise Communication AG - Zurich 
    Berlin, DE       16.88 ms    N/A     941.53 Mbps    934.81 Mbps    Misaka Network, Inc. - Berlin 
    Vienna, AT       21.45 ms    0.0%    943.18 Mbps    938.92 Mbps    A1 Telekom Austria AG - Vienna 
    Budapest, HU     31.09 ms    0.0%    941.54 Mbps    938.20 Mbps    ATW Internet Kft. - Budapest 
    Gdansk, PL       15.01 ms    0.0%    933.31 Mbps    936.36 Mbps    T-Mobile Polska S.A. - Gdańsk 
    Lviv, UA         29.98 ms    0.0%    941.53 Mbps    940.18 Mbps    Kyivstar - Lviv 
    Bucharest, RO    48.09 ms    0.0%    938.93 Mbps    918.84 Mbps    Orange Romania SA - Bucuresti 
    Helsinki, FI     13.34 ms    0.0%    940.44 Mbps    940.75 Mbps    Elisa Oyj - Helsinki 
    Stockholm, SE    33.17 ms    0.0%    938.32 Mbps    907.19 Mbps    i3D.net - Stockholm 
    Oslo, NO         24.33 ms    0.0%    939.43 Mbps    938.37 Mbps    Telia Norge AS - Oslo 
    Moscow, RU       41.21 ms    0.0%    935.13 Mbps    936.59 Mbps    MTS - Moscow 
    Istanbul, TR     74.28 ms    0.0%    1003.28 Mbps   945.78 Mbps    Turkcell - Istanbul 

World: 

Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server      

Los Angeles, US  280.11 Mbps       937.15 Mbps         162.60 ms   
    Dallas, US       491.04 Mbps       936.79 Mbps         136.41 ms   
    Montreal, CA     182.67 Mbps       912.84 Mbps         117.68 ms   
    Amsterdam, NL    940.55 Mbps       935.36 Mbps         27.42 ms    
    Shanghai, CN     269.54 Mbps       942.04 Mbps         243.16 ms   
    Hongkong, CN     114.70 Mbps       925.12 Mbps         358.16 ms   
    Mumbai, IN       393.92 Mbps       949.12 Mbps         226.33 ms   
    Singapore, SG    42.65 Mbps        13.52 Mbps          338.97 ms   
    Tokyo, JP        271.92 Mbps       944.21 Mbps         264.45 ms   
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Avg DL Speed       : 913.89 Mbps
    Avg UL Speed       : 921.24 Mbps                                                  

Comments

• alexdnsalexdns Member

Single homed HE ?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited May 7

what happened to your post in the OGF?

either way, as a consumer, be aware if you're considering this provider with their Lithuania location, their servers/ip space/network provider (UAB Host Baltic) is well known for blatantly not caring about network/port scanners, ssh brute force, ... feel free to do your own research, you just need to google that provider name.

(this is just 2 of many subnets they have, 90% of them are doing some sort of attack right now)

I have personally blocked both ASNs (AS133398 & AS209605) that are related to this provider from my network as it's been years since they're non stop hitting my network.

• @zGato said:

either way, as a consumer, be aware if you're considering this provider with their Lithuania location, their servers/ip space/network provider (UAB Host Baltic) is well known for blatantly not caring about network/port scanners, ssh brute force, ... feel free to do your own research, you just need to google that provider name.

(this is just 1 of many subnets they have, 90% of them are doing some sort of attack right now)

I have personally blocked both ASNs (AS133398 & AS209605) that are related to this provider from my network as it's been years since they're non stop hitting my network.

Thank you for this! Had eyes on this since it was in a not so common location but I'll set this aside for now.

• LeviLevi Member

@zGato said:

(this is just 2 of many subnets they have, 90% of them are doing some sort of attack right now)

Good find. If you have any logs, report here: https://www.nksc.lt/en/ and they will receive some penetration from lithuanian cybersec. And if enough evidence they will be in deep ass trouble.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • zGatozGato Member

@Levi said:

@zGato said:

Good find. If you have any logs, report here: https://www.nksc.lt/en/ and they will receive some penetration from lithuanian cybersec. And if enough evidence they will be in deep ass trouble.

@tentor has some logs from their blocks hitting their network, I'll try to check if I have some somewhere.

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@zGato said:

@Levi said:

@zGato said:

@tentor has some logs from their blocks hitting their network, I'll try to check if I have some somewhere.

Only TCP connections and (suspected) abuse complaints /dev/null'ing. I doubt that evidence important enough to escalate to national CERT, but sure I can provide it publicly if anyone needs.

Thanked by 1zGato
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@zGato said: UAB Host Baltic

HostBaltic is not the provider. Tele Asia is. You have the relationship backwards. Tele Asia provides service to HB. Not the other way around.

45.125.64.0/22 is our (Tele Asia) subnet. .65.0/24 and .66.0/24 are in use in LT with some resources leased to HB.

If you look at abused.com listing for the entire 45.125.65.0/24 range, the vast majority of listings are old, dating back to 2020. There are only 6 IPs out of the 256 that have been reported in 2024.

@zGato said: I have personally blocked both ASNs (AS133398 & AS209605) that are related to this provider from my network as it's been years since they're non stop hitting my network.

AS133398 is a separate provider. PM me the details regarding whatever bad traffic originating from 133398, and I can take a look at it for you.

• maverickmaverick Member

@zGato said: I have personally blocked both ASNs (AS133398 & AS209605) that are related to this provider from my network as it's been years since they're non stop hitting my network.

@randvegeta said: If you look at abused.com listing for the entire 45.125.65.0/24 range, the vast majority of listings are old, dating back to 2020. There are only 6 IPs out of the 256 that have been reported in 2024.

But 45.125.66.0/24 definitely looks like a phishing heaven, and is on Spamhaus DROP list since March this year. So many bad IP's in there: https://check.spamhaus.org/listed/?searchterm=SBL625544

• lirrrlirrr Member

lmao

@maverick said:

@randvegeta said: If you look at abused.com listing for the entire 45.125.65.0/24 range, the vast majority of listings are old, dating back to 2020. There are only 6 IPs out of the 256 that have been reported in 2024.

But 45.125.66.0/24 definitely looks like a phishing heaven, and is on Spamhaus DROP list since March this year. So many bad IP's in there: https://check.spamhaus.org/listed/?searchterm=SBL625544

I'll look into it.

• zGatozGato Member

@randvegeta said:

@zGato said: UAB Host Baltic

HostBaltic is not the provider. Tele Asia is. You have the relationship backwards. Tele Asia provides service to HB. Not the other way around.

45.125.64.0/22 is our (Tele Asia) subnet. .65.0/24 and .66.0/24 are in use in LT with some resources leased to HB.

So where exactly do you have the hardware colocated at? Host Baltic DC by any chance?
    Those subnets are extremely abusive, both of them, so who's exactly not giving a fuck about abuse, you or Host Baltic? If you're leasing them resources, and those IPs are owned by you, then you should care the bare minimum.
    Just check abuseipdb.com, maybe they're not 100% trustworthy, but there's just reports all over the place for the past hour or so.

• LeviLevi Member

Another drop list member?

@zGato said: Those subnets are extremely abusive, both of them.

We have 6,656 IPs on our ASN. These IPs have been leased out, and have not been under our direct management. Those subnets are not representative of our entire network.

And not to deny that abuse does occur on those ranges. I'm happy to take all the reports at face value. But with respect to the actual range in question (45.125.65.0/24), the number of IPs reported in 2024 is only 6!

The reports will remain visible even when long resolved, as is evident by the presence of reports from 2020.

@zGato said: If you're leasing them resources, and those IPs are owned by you, then you should care the bare minimum.

To be honest, I was not aware as to the extent of the abuse, but at the same time, I also think you're making this a bigger deal than it really is.

For one, you're basically saying that WE are HB because of some association you have managed to make. But TA is not HB. The 2 subnets you claim to have reports "all over the place".. well it's really just 1 IP reported on 45.125.65.0/24 range in the last 33 days. The other range has 7 IPs reported in the last 7 days, so that range is much worse, so I will look into this more urgently now. But if 1IP in a /24 is reported in a month, is that really indicative of supporting abuse?

Any way. We'll look into the abuse on those 2 subnets and work on eliminating it all. It still won't be reflected in abusedip.com though.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited May 7

@randvegeta said:

We have 6,656 IPs on our ASN. These IPs have been leased out, and have not been under our direct management. Those subnets are not representative of our entire network.

And not to deny that abuse does occur on those ranges. I'm happy to take all the reports at face value. But with respect to the actual range in question (45.125.65.0/24), the number of IPs reported in 2024 is only 6!

The reports will remain visible even when long resolved, as is evident by the presence of reports from 2020.

Why don't you talk about your 45.125.66.0/24 one? It's not only 6 or 7 addresses, it's way more just by 2024 alone.
    Why are you avoiding the colocation question, where do you have your servers colocated, at Host Baltic DC by any chance? One of your downstream is their ASN, which is one of the worst, and most offending ASNs I've ever seen personally (excluding the obvious China Telecom).

So either you were aware of all this (by just google searching their company name, good stuff doesn't appear) and just let it slide until now.
    Or somehow you weren't aware of all this, which I highly doubt. Spamhaus has blocks in almost (or every) IP block that has some relation with Host Baltic for bulletproof hosting, spam, malware, all sort of stuff, since 2023.

• LeviLevi Member

@zGato said:

@randvegeta said:

Why don't you talk about your 45.125.66.0/24 one? It's not only 6 or 7 addresses, it's way more just by 2024 alone.
    Why are you avoiding the colocation question, where do you have your servers colocated, at Host Baltic DC by any chance? One of your downstream is their ASN, which is one of the worst, and most offending ASNs I've ever seen personally (excluding the obvious China Telecom).

So either you were aware of all this (by just google searching their company name, good stuff doesn't appear) and just let it slide until now.
    Or somehow you weren't aware of all this, which I highly doubt. Spamhaus has blocks in almost (or every) IP block that has some relation with Host Baltic for bulletproof hosting, spam, malware, all sort of stuff, since 2023.

Don’t bring up uncomfortable truth or facts…

@zGato said: Why don't you talk about your 45.125.66.0/24 one? It's not only 6 or 7 addresses, it's way more just by 2024 alone.

What are you talking about? I specifically DID talk about it.

@randvegeta said: The other range has 7 IPs reported in the last 7 days, so that range is much worse

I already acknowledged the range is worse and that we would look into it. Why are you claiming that I am avoiding it when I specifically addressed it already?

@zGato said: Why are you avoiding the colocation question, where do you have your servers colocated,

Believe it or not, it is on our own (OWNED) property. We used to have a crypto mine in Lithuania, setup back in the mining boom days.

@Levi said: One of your downstream is their ASN

Downstream, yes. Along with HE.net and RETN apparently. Do you think HE.net is hosted in HostBaltic's Data Centre also?

@zGato said: So either you were aware of all this (by just google searching their company name, good stuff doesn't appear) and just let it slide until now.

Again:

@randvegeta said: To be honest, I was not aware as to the extent of the abuse,

For context, you're talking about 37 IPs reported in the entirety of 2024 thus far, out of 512 IPs. An average of 1 report every 3 days, or an abuse rate of ~2% of the range per month. We're not getting a lot of complaints actively made to us, and it's general practice to allow clients to deal with their own problems.

Of course with all this in mind, the situation is somewhat worse than we knew, so we will look into taking corrective action. But this still will not be reflected in the AbusedIPDB any time soon.

@Levi said: Don’t bring up uncomfortable truth or facts…

Not at all. I'm happy to address whatever comes our way.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited May 7

@randvegeta said:
    Again:

@randvegeta said: To be honest, I was not aware as to the extent of the abuse,

For context, you're talking about 37 IPs reported in the entirety of 2024 thus far, out of 512 IPs. An average of 1 report every 3 days, or an abuse rate of ~2% of the range per month. We're not getting a lot of complaints actively made to us, and it's general practice to allow clients to deal with their own problems.

Of course with all this in mind, the situation is somewhat worse than we knew, so we will look into taking corrective action. But this still will not be reflected in the AbusedIPDB any time soon.

Over 7k abuse reports in a single address in just 30d don't slide that easily.

Or close to 2k

I'm sorry but I personally don't believe you. I had to make this drama for you to be aware of this and (maybe) take actions on it, it's just ridiculous.

@randvegeta said:
    Believe it or not, it is on our own (OWNED) property. We used to have a crypto mine in Lithuania, setup back in the mining boom days.

Then I guess my sever with HB that they claim to have their own Lithuania DC and is within your ASN and the same block as mlnl.host looking glass is in your "DC".

• AltesAltes Member

@zGato said: Then I guess my sever with HB that they claim to have their own Lithuania DC and is within your ASN and the same block as mlnl.host looking glass is in your "DC".

Host Baltic is his company and his datacenter.

• zGatozGato Member

@Altes said:

@zGato said: Then I guess my sever with HB that they claim to have their own Lithuania DC and is within your ASN and the same block as mlnl.host looking glass is in your "DC".

Host Baltic is his company and his datacenter.

Said by him, Tele Asia just leases stuff to Host Baltic
    If it's Tele Asia's company, then there's a bigger issue here...

• AltesAltes Member

@zGato said: If it's Tele Asia's company, then there's a bigger issue here...

Host Baltic is a well known BP host by now, and yes -- ran by an ex-warez hoster (randvegeta/TA/HHK).

Thanked by 2tentor zGato
    edited May 7

@zGato said: I'm sorry but I personally don't believe you. I had to make this drama for you to be aware of this and (maybe) take actions on it, it's just ridiculous.

The IPs were allocated for use in LT, far from our home base of Hong Kong. They are supposed to be maintained by HB. We left it to them to deal with it as they saw fit. What's so strange about that?

These "reports" are made, but they are not sent to us so we would only know if we actually look it up.

Our presence in Lithuania predates the existence of HB by at least a year. You can see for yourself that TA is an upstream, and you may also see some ranges of ours that have been previously allocated to HB. HB started off on OUR infrastructure. They have their own independent network now, but I'm sure you can understand why it's not always easy to just pull the plug on legacy systems. It can be hard to "switch" a live/running system.

HB have been slowly returning resources back to TA, freeing up our old IPs and such. Using them ourselves in LT seemed like a reasonable way to ease this transition. Eventually they will be off our IPs and off our ASN.

HB and TA operate in the same building. TA setup shop first. We are an upstream. Not a downstream. We do not operate in their DC. They operate in their own DC. Some of their stuff is in our DC. I have no idea where your server is. Even if your server is on an IP range that belongs to TA, and on our ASN, there is a direct fiber between our DCs, so it could be in ours, or it could be in theirs. I'm not sure it makes any difference though.

Are things clear enough yet?

• zGatozGato Member

@randvegeta said:

Is Host Baltic your company as @Altes is claiming?
    I have no further questions, this will be my final.

@zGato said:

@randvegeta said:

It is not.

@Altes said:

@zGato said: If it's Tele Asia's company, then there's a bigger issue here...

Host Baltic is a well known BP host by now, and yes -- ran by an ex-warez hoster (randvegeta/TA/HHK).

Ex-warez hoster? Well if it's Ex, what's the problem?

Look, we've been in business for over 20 years. Since 2002. The only time I remember hosting warez was when we weren't even incorporated. But everyone hosts something they shouldn't at some point. It's a right of passage for all new hosting companies. And eventually you realise youre better off without the hassle.

• AltesAltes Member

So, you didn't buy SO when you wanted to branch out, and you didn't bring the current clientele?

Also, I guess, you didn't even care enough to private the WHOIS of hostbaltic.com? But, anyway...

Thanked by 1zGato
  • malignifymalignify Member

@randvegeta said:

@zGato said:

@randvegeta said:

It is not.

https://www.whois.com/whois/hostbaltic.com really? :D

• zGatozGato Member

@malignify said:

@randvegeta said:

@zGato said:

@randvegeta said:

It is not.

this is even better
    https://web.archive.org/web/20211205184026/hostbaltic.com

but yeah

• This wouldn't have been as bad if OP didn't feel the need to lie about everything, what's the point in trying to lie about stuff like this without even doing the bare minimum to cover your tracks first?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited May 7

@serveroffer is impressively a patron provider here, maybe he can say something to us.
    @angstrom can you take a look? how did this provider slide the bilohbucks?

edited May 7

@Altes said:
    So, you didn't buy SO when you wanted to branch out, and you didn't bring the current clientele?

Also, I guess, you didn't even care enough to private the WHOIS of hostbaltic.com? But, anyway...

No we did not buy SO. I, and my HK company, have zero stake in HB/SO.

@zGato said:

@malignify said:

@randvegeta said:

@zGato said:

@randvegeta said:

It is not.

this is even better
    https://web.archive.org/web/20211205184026/hostbaltic.com

but yeah

Better how?

Time doesnt stand still. Our relationship with HostBaltic was that of partners during its founding. The domain was registered by me in 2012 when we first entered LT. It was to be the trading name in LT. SO became a partner in 2014 and by 2015 the company under the name HostBaltic was registered.

Not all partnerships work out. Since at least 2019, HB has been effectively independent. As of 2022, the separation has been finalized. All the remains is the legacy network which is being unwound.

HB has never been the trading name.

TA's role has always been a vendor, supplying resources of all kinds. But what does any of this have to do with anything?

The thread is an offer by Millenial.host. The claim that the DC/Network and whatever is HB is simply false. The fact that TA and HB have a connection and history is not really relevant.

Nothing I have said prior contradicts each other.

You're jumping around between HB being an upstream to downstream and then it's the same. Why is any of this relevant?

Whatever happens on the HB ASN and their IPs is their business not ours.

Now what happens in our IPs and ASN is a different story and we care very much. And I have already conceded that the situation was not as I had thought and would look into it further.

What is the problem?

• AltesAltes Member

@randvegeta said: What is the problem?

HB/SO is well known as a BP provider. IF in fact you really didn't know that, you have big issues... especially because SO claims he owns the datacenter. :)