Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for alternative to digitalocean
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for alternative to digitalocean

Hello i am looking for alternative to digitalocean who charge hourly rate plus similar plans.

Comments

• amazon cloud? shrugs?

Mun

• No something else.

• skybucks100skybucks100 Member
    edited December 2013

Rackspace, but I have a serious issue with them and http://iwstack.com/

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • iwstack looks good still looking for more suggestions.

• atlantic.net
    iwstack.com

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Iwstack all the way, prometeus and his guys are simply awesome :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Windows Azure is a good option. You get a 90 free trial too.

• DO also charges hourly. Why do you not want AWS or DO?

• Digitalocean prices are cheap for reason because their staff is not professional at all i will pay more but i would not choose them at all.

• @skybucks100 said:
    Rackspace, but I have a serious issue with them and http://iwstack.com/

What's the problem with Rackspace?

Seconded iwStack, it's awesome.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @CastleServers said:
    Seconded iwStack, it's awesome.

Uh.. me and Rackspace have some differences... It's a long story and involves a lot of bickering so i'll save you the time

• @CastleServers said:
    What's the problem with Rackspace?

Probably amateur mistakes like not looking carefully enough at the prices to know bandwidth is charged seperately etc.

Usually when somebody bashes a reliable company they did something stupid themselves otherwise the story would have been already out there.

Their support is pretty mediocre though, their product is "OK". I only actually like their UK branch because they're quite solid and the prices aren't so bad for the UK. And you don't get dumped in Ireland lol (looks at AWS)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Iwstack all The way

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Iwstack look good, will try it maybe next months.

• Cloudsigma in Switzerland are decent

• Cloudsigma have good support also

• happy with Iwstack..

• CasiusCasius Member
    edited December 2013

@shawn123 said:
    Digitalocean prices are cheap for reason because their staff is not professional at all i will pay more but i would not choose them at all.

They take care of all my problems within a timely matter. Don't know why you call them "not professional".

• @shawn123 - We don't do hourly billing but our rates are extremely affordable, our hardware is solid, and the performance surpasses whatever DO has to offer. We actually use Hardware RAID 10 arrays and we are transparent about our configurations. Check us out at http://www.kvmshell.com