Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colohouse acquires Hivelocity - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colohouse acquires Hivelocity

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JosephF said:
    Btw, you never (as far as I recall) explained the justification of sharing private communications?

It’s just drama and that’s fine, I partake in the same feasting too.

Still, there was a thread about this, taking over the hivel thread isn’t very nice.

Francisco

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Francisco said:

@JosephF said:
    Btw, you never (as far as I recall) explained the justification of sharing private communications?

Still, there was a thread about this, taking over the hivel thread isn’t very nice.

Francisco

I directly responded to the OP and then responded to your comment and another comment to mine on a... forum?

I'm just freeing the speech. We're all about transparency here. Please stop taking over this thread Francisco.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:

@Francisco said:

@JosephF said:

Francisco

I directly responded to the OP and then responded to your comment and another comment to mine on a... forum?

I'm just freeing the speech. We're all about transparency here. Please stop taking over this thread Francisco.

:)

Congrats hivelocity and colohouse. Definitely out of left field.

Francisco

Thanked by 1dev_vps
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Congratulations hive hopefully things can still be solid for the customers there over time.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • acidpukeacidpuke Member

@SirFoxy said:

@Francisco said:

@JosephF said:

Francisco

That's a bitch move releasing private conversations in my book, I hope no shares any information with you again, there is something called common decency obvious you don't have that.

• AltesAltes Member

Those Cloudzy allegations, are, however, pretty concerning...

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited April 2

This thread's about Colohouse-Hivelocity acquisition.

So please, let's stop derailing this thread by discussing other brands/companies that have no relations to either Colohouse and/or Hivelocity.

Thank you.

• rostovodrostovod Member

what will happen to their vps service tho.

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2

@rostovod said:
    what will happen to their vps service tho.

We are in the process of adding more hypervisors in more locations as we speak. London and Frankfurt are the next locations on our list. It's a few months out but it's coming.

• twaintwain Member
    edited April 3

@Francisco said:

@SirFoxy said:

@matey0 said:

@SirFoxy said: See @Francisco this is what transparent hosts should do when they sell their company (tell their customers and the community). There's nothing wrong with selling your company. But there is something wrong with trying to keep it a secret.

Hivelocity made a statement after the sale was finalized - as I'm sure @Francisco would've as well. Telling customers that a sale is in the talks causes nothing but unnecessary problems.

Francisco messaged me on 7/12/23 saying the deal was done:

I already commented on this elsewhere. It sure seemed that way but things went back after that. I’m sure Cloudzy will finalize things at a later time but as of now things are still with me. You can see every account under my name.

Anyway, I know good people at hivel. Congrats to everyone.

Quite the trip from the Sagonet days!

Francisco

Hah, I used to work for Sago back in the day with Dan. Wasn’t a perfect place by any stretch, but I learned a helluva a lot from some really smart people, and will always be grateful for my time there as it was essentially my foot in the door into Linux/ops/the industry.. (I hounded the NOC manager for weeks until he finally relented and let me work for free, lol)

• ThundasThundas Member

@Hivelocity said:
    Good Morning All. The acquisition closed late last week. To those of you who know me, I am not going anywhere and will continue to serve as the COO at Hivelocity. Yes, I said Hivelocity as Colohouse will be taking on the Hivelocity name and brand. The merging of our two companies will enable Hivelocity to not only offer more services to our customers, but to offer them in more locations and more locations with Hivelocity staff on-prem. As an example, we have always relied on remote hands at our Chicago data center. In the near future we will be taking advantage of Colohouse having a full staff in this location. Hivelocity does not currently offer any of our IaaS services in Chicago or Philadelphia, that will soon change. Another item of considerable significance is the fact the leadership team at Colohouse shares our ideals when it comes to customer service and considering your needs first and foremost. Our vision of the customer experience will not change. To the Colohouse customers, this acquisition means you will soon have access to our Bare Metal Cloud product enabling you to instantly deploy dedicated servers across the globe, spin up VPS, automate your networking and much much more.

We will be providing more information to our customers and the public over the coming days and weeks.

How long are you staying on before retiring per the sales agreement?

• HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

Congratz to Colohouse and Hivelocity. Love from Cloudzy.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Exciting news for Colohouse and Hivelocity. Hope to see the tie up bring good things for customers and employees.

@Thundas said:

@Hivelocity said:
    Good Morning All. The acquisition closed late last week. To those of you who know me, I am not going anywhere and will continue to serve as the COO at Hivelocity. Yes, I said Hivelocity as Colohouse will be taking on the Hivelocity name and brand. The merging of our two companies will enable Hivelocity to not only offer more services to our customers, but to offer them in more locations and more locations with Hivelocity staff on-prem. As an example, we have always relied on remote hands at our Chicago data center. In the near future we will be taking advantage of Colohouse having a full staff in this location. Hivelocity does not currently offer any of our IaaS services in Chicago or Philadelphia, that will soon change. Another item of considerable significance is the fact the leadership team at Colohouse shares our ideals when it comes to customer service and considering your needs first and foremost. Our vision of the customer experience will not change. To the Colohouse customers, this acquisition means you will soon have access to our Bare Metal Cloud product enabling you to instantly deploy dedicated servers across the globe, spin up VPS, automate your networking and much much more.

We will be providing more information to our customers and the public over the coming days and weeks.

How long are you staying on before retiring per the sales agreement?

My hope is to be here for years to come. I have never been more excited about the future of Hivelocity than I am right now.

• TurnerTurner Member

@Hivelocity said:

@default said:
    The end is upon us.

I remember the good old days when Hivelocity had cameras in datacenter and was offering pictures to clients of the servers they got.

We still have the cameras https://www.hivelocity.net/live-feed/ but the pics got harder to produce as we expanded geographically. If you have servers in Tampa, Dallas, New York or Los Angeles I can still get you a pic :)

Argo Error 1033 on all the feeds. :disappointed:

@Turner said:

@Hivelocity said:

@default said:
    The end is upon us.

I remember the good old days when Hivelocity had cameras in datacenter and was offering pictures to clients of the servers they got.

We still have the cameras https://www.hivelocity.net/live-feed/ but the pics got harder to produce as we expanded geographically. If you have servers in Tampa, Dallas, New York or Los Angeles I can still get you a pic :)

Argo Error 1033 on all the feeds. :disappointed:

Sorry about that. All fixed. Try now.

Thanked by 1HivelocityRick
  • ColoHouse is trash support and if this is true, sucks. Hivelocity actually cared and ColoHouse has done nothing but close my accounts because "unverified" Paypal that I've been using for over 8 years. When I asked them for more info, they closed the ticket each time.

• ketchupketchup Member
    edited April 14

It would be nice if ColoHouse could give at least some general information on colocation.

Seriously, footprint requirements and pricing in general does not need to be top secret information that I am required to submit a ticket, requiring a real person to give the same information to every person that asks and driving the price of the product up.

Is colocation available per U or minimum half rack? Is the price so seriously jacked up that it's not even in the same realm as providers located across the street? The price across the street starts at 1U, 1Amp 120v, /29 & 100Mbps burst to GIGe – $55/month. No setup fee.

Can someone give some general info about ColoHouse colocation?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 15

@ketchup said:
    It would be nice if ColoHouse could give at least some general information on colocation.

Seriously, footprint requirements and pricing in general does not need to be top secret information that I am required to submit a ticket, requiring a real person to give the same information to every person that asks and driving the price of the product up.

Is colocation available per U or minimum half rack? Is the price so seriously jacked up that it's not even in the same realm as providers located across the street? The price across the street starts at 1U, 1Amp 120v, /29 & 100Mbps burst to GIGe – $55/month. No setup fee.

My guess as to why it's hidden is because everyone's needs are different, especially in relation to transit, space, and power requirements. It's common amongst most major facilities to not show a price, and instead encourage people to contact them to get a personalized quote.

Just email them exactly what you posted here, and you'll get a quick response to your questions. You can also send a contact request to Hivelocity if any of their facilities interest you.

• ketchupketchup Member

@Advin said:

@ketchup said:

My guess as to why it's hidden is because everyone's needs are different, especially in relation to transit, space, and power requirements. It's common amongst most major facilities to not show a price, and instead encourage people to contact them to get a personalized quote.

Just email them exactly what you posted here, and you'll get a quick response to your questions. You can also send a contact request to Hivelocity if any of their facilities interest you.

If that's their reason, it's pretty illogical. By that reasoning, all companies who provide colocation should be keeping their prices top secret. Thankfully there are at least some company owners who were born with a slightly higher capacity. No pun intended. They are able to advertise their services and prices upfront transparently and without any problems, regardless of completely unrelated facts, such as everyone having different needs.

Thanked by 1shruub
  • ketchupketchup Member

@mrkaffeine92 said:
    ColoHouse is trash support and if this is true, sucks. Hivelocity actually cared and ColoHouse has done nothing but close my accounts because "unverified" Paypal that I've been using for over 8 years. When I asked them for more info, they closed the ticket each time.

100% absolutely true. I will add incompetent to the trash description. This seems to be a perfect fit for Hivelocity who has the same unintelligent views and business practices. More power to them.

I signed a 12 month contract today with a ColoHouse competitor who is in the same building and has their own room. They are able and DO provide a list of services and prices for colocation without the idiotic bullshit and begging someone to tell them some imaginary top secret information.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@ketchup said:

@mrkaffeine92 said:
    ColoHouse is trash support and if this is true, sucks. Hivelocity actually cared and ColoHouse has done nothing but close my accounts because "unverified" Paypal that I've been using for over 8 years. When I asked them for more info, they closed the ticket each time.

100% absolutely true. I will add incompetent to the trash description. This seems to be a perfect fit for Hivelocity who has the same unintelligent views and business practices. More power to them.

I signed a 12 month contract today with a ColoHouse competitor who is in the same building and has their own room. They are able and DO provide a list of services and prices for colocation without the idiotic bullshit and begging someone to tell them some imaginary top secret information.

Which company?

• @ketchup said:

@mrkaffeine92 said:

Who? I want to migrate as well. Referral or promo? Inbox please