Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colohouse acquires Hivelocity
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colohouse acquires Hivelocity

aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Doesn't look like an April Fools joke.

https://colohouse.com/colohouse-acquires-hivelocity/

Comments

• hapkidohapkido Member

Wow...

• shruubshruub Member

Damn, lmao. But yeah, could even be that they waited until April 2nd to show it's real.

Thanked by 2Hassan karanchoo
  • JunnnJunnn Member

Is this good or bad? A friend just recently moved to Hivelocity and committed to annual payment :/

• LeviLevi Member

Down the drain? Hivelocity was/is known for good support. If buy out will eliminate that with some punjabi style call center - it is over.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • wotetiwoteti Member

I'd wait until it's Apr 2nd in all timezones.

• Aquatis_JosephAquatis_Joseph Member, Patron Provider

Hivelocity mentioned they would be having a big announcement later today. Live chat also confirmed mentioning it wasn't an April fools joke today. :(

• aj_potcaj_potc Member

Backed by a private equity firm. So I assume the owners of Hivelocity are happy. As for the customers, we'll see how this goes...

• VoidVoid Member

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

Hmm

• HivelocityRickHivelocityRick Member, Host Rep

Hello! This isn't an april fools joke. We're not replacing our support department either! Colohouse (and their private equity owners) are putting more effort towards bare metal and they view Hivelocity as the platform to do that.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

Good Morning All. The acquisition closed late last week. To those of you who know me, I am not going anywhere and will continue to serve as the COO at Hivelocity. Yes, I said Hivelocity as Colohouse will be taking on the Hivelocity name and brand. The merging of our two companies will enable Hivelocity to not only offer more services to our customers, but to offer them in more locations and more locations with Hivelocity staff on-prem. As an example, we have always relied on remote hands at our Chicago data center. In the near future we will be taking advantage of Colohouse having a full staff in this location. Hivelocity does not currently offer any of our IaaS services in Chicago or Philadelphia, that will soon change. Another item of considerable significance is the fact the leadership team at Colohouse shares our ideals when it comes to customer service and considering your needs first and foremost. Our vision of the customer experience will not change. To the Colohouse customers, this acquisition means you will soon have access to our Bare Metal Cloud product enabling you to instantly deploy dedicated servers across the globe, spin up VPS, automate your networking and much much more.

We will be providing more information to our customers and the public over the coming days and weeks.

• JohnGragJohnGrag Member

Hi Steve,
    main question is are we going to see VPS offers on others non US location ?
    mainly those been offered on Heficed before your acquisition.?

• HivelocityRickHivelocityRick Member, Host Rep

@JohnGrag said:
    Hi Steve,
    main question is are we going to see VPS offers on others non US location ?
    mainly those been offered on Heficed before your acquisition.?

Yes you will! We're prepping gear for London and Singapore VPS! This will take a little time but it's coming.

Thanked by 3hapkido JohnGrag JamesF
  • xx00xxxx00xx Member

will there be a "fusion" between https://netrouting.com (also part of colohouse) and hivelocity?

@xx00xx said:
    will there be a "fusion" between https://netrouting.com (also part of colohouse) and hivelocity?

Netrouting was spun out of Colohouse at the end of 2022 and is a separate company now. So to answer your question more directly, there will be no fusion with them.

Thanked by 1HivelocityRick
  • defaultdefault Veteran

The end is upon us.

I remember the good old days when Hivelocity had cameras in datacenter and was offering pictures to clients of the servers they got.

edited April 2

@default said:
    The end is upon us.

I remember the good old days when Hivelocity had cameras in datacenter and was offering pictures to clients of the servers they got.

We still have the cameras https://www.hivelocity.net/live-feed/ but the pics got harder to produce as we expanded geographically. If you have servers in Tampa, Dallas, New York or Los Angeles I can still get you a pic :)

Thanked by 1adly
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@Hivelocity said:

@default said:
    The end is upon us.

We still have the cameras https://www.hivelocity.net/live-feed/ but the pics got harder to produce as we expanded geographically. If you have servers in Tampa, Dallas, New York or Los Angeles I can still get you a pic :)

Maybe you can come up with some super-crazy VPS recurring offer, marking the end of an era and the beginning of a new one, just for this community and just for a very limited time and quantity. Personally I would love that vps.xs.amd at $1/month recurring.

Even if you decide to not make such celebration on LET, I wish you and your company success in future under the new management.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

My guess is they immediately start milking the Hivelocity brand and focusing on roles like CRO/sales instead of engineering/product development and it gets sold again 3-5 years from now, entirely losing its soul at that point, but slowly dissipating starting now.

Nonetheless, you've worked hard to build a solid brand until this point, and it's worth the payout. Congrats!

See @Francisco this is what transparent hosts should do when they sell their company (tell their customers and the community). There's nothing wrong with selling your company. But there is something wrong with trying to keep it a secret.

• meatonmeaton Member

@aj_potc said:
    Backed by a private equity firm. So I assume the owners of Hivelocity are happy. As for the customers, we'll see how this goes...

Look at past acquisitions... if those are any indication then we already known how things are gonna go for customers. Colohouse bought out Steadfast and Turnkey a few years ago and have been increasing pricing on those brands ever since, that's not unique to those brands due to inflation but also Colohouse is funded by a VC firm which means profit by any means necessary.

• matey0matey0 Member

@SirFoxy said: See @Francisco this is what transparent hosts should do when they sell their company (tell their customers and the community). There's nothing wrong with selling your company. But there is something wrong with trying to keep it a secret.

Hivelocity made a statement after the sale was finalized - as I'm sure @Francisco would've as well. Telling customers that a sale is in the talks causes nothing but unnecessary problems.

• VoidVoid Member

Highervelocity

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@matey0 said:

@SirFoxy said: See @Francisco this is what transparent hosts should do when they sell their company (tell their customers and the community). There's nothing wrong with selling your company. But there is something wrong with trying to keep it a secret.

Hivelocity made a statement after the sale was finalized - as I'm sure @Francisco would've as well. Telling customers that a sale is in the talks causes nothing but unnecessary problems.

Francisco messaged me on 7/12/23 saying the deal was done:

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Void said:
    Highervelocity

Hopefully it will not turn into PriceVelocity.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:

@matey0 said:

I already commented on this elsewhere. It sure seemed that way but things went back after that. I’m sure Cloudzy will finalize things at a later time but as of now things are still with me. You can see every account under my name.

Anyway, I know good people at hivel. Congrats to everyone.

Quite the trip from the Sagonet days!

Francisco

• IvanIvan Member

Who still remembers Incero?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Francisco said:

@SirFoxy said:

@matey0 said:

I already commented on this elsewhere. It sure seemed that way but things went back after that. I’m sure Cloudzy will finalize things at a later time but as of now things are still with me. You can see every account under my name.

Francisco

"I’m sure Cloudzy will finalize things at a later time but as of now things are still with me. You can see every account under my name."

lmao

• nh5xnh5x Member

I just moved in to Hivelocity last august after the Evocative disaster in NJ. Looks like I'm moving again this summer. Ugh.

• pack it up, it was good while it lasted.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • JosephFJosephF Member

@SirFoxy said:

@Francisco said:

@SirFoxy said:

@matey0 said:

Francisco

"I’m sure Cloudzy will finalize things at a later time but as of now things are still with me. You can see every account under my name."

lmao

Your screen shot clearly says that the payments weren't finalized yet. And therefore the transaction hadn't closed yet.

Btw, you never (as far as I recall) explained the justification of sharing private communications?